Thomas / Uber Cup 2004 pics...

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by kwun, May 7, 2004.

1. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    some pics i've snapped :p

Attached Files:

2. - 73* -

- 73* - Regular Member

OMG honghong, thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much..

u got pics of cai yun AND peter gade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

btw, you must've gotten really good seats...

3. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

wow u reply very fast.... hahaha
    cai yun's smiles is really captivating.... so cuteeeeeeeeee :p

hehe... sorry i got no time to make both Lin Dan n Peter Gade to look at the camera.... they r starting the match soon.... so i just snapped :p

btw i wasn't sitting down when i take these photos.... i was running here n there.... squeezing here n there to catch them.... hehehe :D

#163 HoNgHoNg, May 17, 2004
    Last edited: May 17, 2004
  4. kimdongmoon

kimdongmoon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    I m really proud of this young gen Chinese for their effortless contribution in world of badminton ..... leading by soldier "Lin" ....... !! Viva Forever, hope that their young gen always can keep the cup stay in mainland China for Thomas Cup 2006.

5. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Sooo Amaziiiiiiingg Thannnk U So Much For Doz Pix Honghong !!!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, you got lin dan and xzx looking right at you. You camera flashes must have been very intense :p

7. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Here China Team And Danish Team

Attached Files:

8. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

hahaha.... they looked at me because i called them....
    when they turn around, i just snapped :p
    i tried calling others too... but it was really noisy, they cant hear me... n it's hard to make them all look into my direction.... so i just anyhow snap since they were so near me.... hahaha
    some pics were quite blur because many pple were squeezing n pushing to snap pics too.... this few r more acceptable ok ones... so i post here :p

btw welcome Syaoran_Style :)

9. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

any pics of candra or kim dong moon?

10. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

[​IMG]

btw... this pic is just sad... look at chen hong... at the very back end, with those tubes...not even playing alot in this tc, his job all the way thru the finals were to cheer... sigh....

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Chen hong did infact contributed to the team winning at the thomas cup. He actually gave alot of pointers to Lindan and Bao during the tourney. And also not forgetting sparring partners during trainning. Everyone is involve even if its only cheering and shouting.

12. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Yeah, I agree. It is quite sad that Chen Hong did not play much during this TC. He has been labelled #1 before and would certainly have been the #1 singles shuttlers had this been late august/early september of 2004 but this time his record against some of his potential opponents were poor or there were just other players who were in more favorable position to be selected. Now, he may not even be chosen for Athens(but Bao may be!).

It sorta reminds of 2002 TC when he was not chosen at all for the CHN TC squad and I recall Kwun posted an article apparently written by Chen H himself on Chinabadminton website, expressing his sorrow.

I am confident that he woulda gotten the job done had he been chosen instead of Bao as 2nd singles in the final. He is still a great player and perhaps there is still time left for him to regain the public perspective of him as #1 like he had for the greatest period last year.

One other thing is has Coach Li forgiven Chen H for his crucial loss to Lee HI at Sudirman Finals last year?? That may have given Chen an "unreliable" label when it comes to finals.

13. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

don't take me wrong... i didn't mean to make fun of chen hong and saying that he's useless or anything... i just think it's sad how he was #1 for like a whole year and just a few months afterwards, didn't even get to play in the finals. it's not like if he's not trying to win, it's just that he's having troubles (tho i don't know what it is). why does li y b have to be so strict.... o well, guess that's life.

14. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

Chen HOng n Xuanze haven't been really performing well for some time due to some injuries... the most recent tournament i think is Korea Open which both of them r the finalist n Xuanze won the title....
    i think Chen Hong n Xuanze r so neglected by the coach.... all the focus r on Lin Dan n Bao Chunlai....
    really wonder who will b chosen to go Athens :confused:

15. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

You probably haven't been around long enough to remember but one of LYB's regrets is that he kept Dong Jiong and Sun Jun on for too long which stunted the development of the newer blood (Ji, Chen H and Xia). This time round he wants to make sure that the younger blood gets time to develop properly so Lin and Bao are being more aggressively pushed forward. After probably this Olympics I doubt we'll see much of Chen H or Xia with LYB giving the newer blood a good four year run up to the next Olympics. Chen and Xia will probably even be too old (in China's books) for the next TC.

16. pyeap

pyeap Regular Member

will be such a waste if he doen't send neither of them to Athen..

especially Xia..his determination and d powerful cross court smash skill...

well, we should wait n see what LYB's next move...hopefully will be the wise move as well

17. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

it's kinda cruel.... how in one stage of ur life, u get all the attention, and if u get a little older, they throw u away like used batteries. it's like players are used 3 or 4 years while they are young and then the youngers take ur place soon afterwards... man, the chinese are wasting alot of players...

18. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

so who's the 'captain' of the chinese uber/thomas cup winning teams??? :)

Attached Files:

19. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

sweet sweet Ruina.... :D

Attached Files:

20. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Yeah, it is a shame that by an of age 25, players on CHN squad are considered OLD and time to be replaced. However, the Chinese team must do this to accomodate for the young guns. It won't be fair if they don't get a chance to be on national team at early age because the "old fogeys" won't leave!! :D Blame on the fact that China has too large a talent pool! I'm sure if Chen and Xia are forced or decided to leave squad in say 2 years time, they can easily make overseas nations' badminton squads.

The Chinese squad really contrasts the other powerhouses right now, espcially Denmark's, who are trying their hardest to squeeze some more juice out of their old generation like Peter R.