Things you hate about badminton!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Wizbit, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Holy mackeral! The place you play sounds like the most peevish, impolite place on Earth. Hope these are occasional rather than common experiences for you, otherwise badminton would be less a joy than a schoolyard rumble. :( Stay cool.:cool:

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes this kind of accident do happen in court, a player banged by his partner is very common!

sincerely hope you don't let that happen again

trying to use your head to beat yonex racket tensile strength lol

Cheers!

3. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    Yeah ..... fortunately, incidents like these rarely happen ..... but they do. :(
    Sadddest part is, some of these people are in my badminton group.

I guess almost everyone here have see this type of players at some point in their life ..... but i dont let it bother me, in fact, it makes me wanna bear down and whoop their asses even more. :cool: :D :D :D :D

4. shooka

shooka Regular Member

Student
    Dragon Flag

I believe Bruce Lee crunches are known as dragon flags.

Heres a good example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCMq2zkbOo

5. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Things I hate about baddy

Also a common behaviour among amateurs (at least some are from my group:() were during actual matches, they really played like an amateur especially on the mental aspect (like a tiger when facing weaker players, if they knew the opponents is strong, they behaved like a pussy cat):eek:.

Not only that, when it comes to post match tea session, all the pussy cats would become a roaring tiger again. Very vocal in pointing others weaknesses and give free lectures!:rolleyes:

6. blanex

blanex Regular Member

The one thing i absolutely hate about badminton is when you are playing doubles and you partner steals all your shots even when you say "i got it" they pull out an excuse like "oh i didnt hear you" or "oh i thought you said i could get it"

7. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    i truly agree with you! Hate wont make you a better... Hate is a negative attitude, just not pro enough ^^

8. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    People who simply give wrong info

Also on certain people who give advise when they themselves are not sure of.

I have a YY racket for sale the other day and a buddy is interested in buying it after testing out the racket for almost 2 hours. While testing his feedback was that the racket felt solid and it suited him. He was asking for a price cut already.

Then 1 of his close pal interfered and took a close look at the racket and said that it was a fake!!:confused:

I asked what make him said that my racket is not genuine and his reply was that all Yonex SP coded racket shouldn't have the PBSI logo on it!!:eek::D

The deal was called off because of this.:(

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    why don't you sue the 2nd guy

and when you do that, probably he has the pbsi logo thing to defend his claim

then you suggest to him to sue yonex for not been careful in placing the logo...

you two may end up getting some new rackets! he..he..

10. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    sigh....... wish i was there....:D:D:D

11. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    An experience to share.

I kinda couldn't tolerate some players who are too choosy when it comes to selecting a partner even for leisure play. A selected few from 1 of my groups tend to be over-selective.

They are a few state players with us and these few choosy fellows sort of wanting to "grab" them whenever it comes their turn to play.

What irked me most is when they have a partner of their liking and the opponents is not as strong, they would request for a bet in the sum of RM10-RM20 at stake. In a reversed situation, they would just keep quiet and lose interest to play a proper match.

When I come across situation like this, I would upped the stake and try my very best to overcome them. This is because i have very low tolerance for bad mentality and most of the time I tend to succeed. (I have no intention of boasting whatsoever!)

So for those who has the same experience, don't get intimidated but instead play above your ability and you would have a greater dimension on the doubles game. Also its a joy of achievement when you could disappoint these kind of players.:)

12. wuyeah

wuyeah Regular Member

Designer
    When I told people that I play badminton most of American responded "That is such an Asian sport...."

13. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Well it's a fairly accurate depiction at the moment, although it's possible that things will change in the future.

14. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    i hate it when people get fustrated about a game that they will never win because a lad at my club is like that but when he gets angry he thinks he can do any shot possible when he cant so he misses loads, this then puts the confidence of his player down.

it's okay if you get a little fustrated when you miss a shot thats easy but when someone is angry all of the time because they loose it's just pathetic

15. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    unless he is complaining about his partner, he might just be mad at himself for not getting better and not really about the game. that said, i don't think his partner's confidence should be put down unless that frustration is him saying how his partner sucks. i mostly get angry at myself for being slow since if u can't get into position, u can't do the shot you want. then i yell it out to calm myself down or it would be like a domino effect and i would start playing worse and worse.:crying:

16. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    yeah like i dont get fustrated that easily if someone is worse because they will learn while playing with someone better, but my friend just gets so angry because he looses loads of point against me and my bro even tho were the best at our club, my mate even hurts himself and the other day he was hitting his racket on his knee which made it nearly bleed :/ now thats a bit over the top lmao

17. bbirdman

bbirdman Regular Member

yeah, yeah and football is for wussies and hispanics. For a mutli cultural society the states can come across as having weird and racist ideas. Result of being the only superpower maybe.

The result of these prejudiced views is enjoyable addictive sports are neglected and the americans idea of sports man is 400 pound obese lineman who probably has no co-ordination.

18. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    Superpower ? only in terms of massive deficit,that is for sure... lol.... other than that ? trying to be the good guy.

tell others off on human rights,but look at Guantanamo . ?????

tell others not to have nuclear weapon,but then they have a lot.

tell others not to trade in this or that , but money talks ,right ?

19. bbirdman

bbirdman Regular Member

Oops opened a can of worms. Thats the government of US not neccessarily the people. most governments are dodgy
    Asfar what I said same thing happens here in britain. I am into basketball but its not popular as it is considered american.

20. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Basketball isn't unpopular because it's American - it's unpopular because it's crap :p
    I hate any sport where you're in each other's face, and not allowed to just knock them down...