The Walkover & Withdrawal issue - rights and wrongs

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by cobalt, Sep 24, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I've started a new thread to deal specifically with issues directly associated with BWF and how BWF is managing the sport. I encourage all of you who are interested to please check out this thread and post and discuss your ideas, suggestions and criticisms. :)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...WF-get-with-the-program?p=1777921#post1777921

I strongly believe that together, all of us have the power to effect positive change for our game. Your thoughts, objections and suggestions will eventualy matter.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

And now, did BWF investigate what happened to JYJ during Quarter final of the denmark open?

3. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes they did.. They also contacted CSI N.Y. to investigate at the hostpital if JOs heart-racing condition really wasn't faked.... sigh.. :p

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Right I get the master plan to qualify 3 in top 4 for olympics or whatever. One tournament that only one can win. Do they think one other china player over others will tire out chong wei that much more before the final? I don't get it. A whole year of making the sport and potentially great tournaments a joke just so CJ can go out in the qf chen long go out in the sf and LD to get beat in the final? Seems like a high price to me even if one wins.

Anyhoo it is the last season for wei, gade and lin dan apparently or at least the last season with all of them together and it is being ruined by good matches not happening. This is bad for promoting badminton not to mention bringing it into disrepute not good. So we have accepted that nobody can say yes it's really good for the sport so can someone at BWF have a bit of business sense and grow a pair of balls and sort their sport out so people will keep watching/be interested in it. Get bernie Eccelstone in from f1 to be promotional director and see what would happen to china team when they bring the sport into disrespute. There are no rules to stop them but bernie would make something up and have LYB banned for life for something sending message to future coaches. I bet the main top guy/girls at BWF all have that classic attitude of - I don't want to make the sport bigger I just don't want to do a worse job than the last guy.

My opinion is that LYB has lost his way. He obviously does not care about badminton but just about winning or sorry cementing his place in history as best coach of all time. Dangerous thing for the sport.

BWF should have a bit of self respect for their own tournaments and not dribble over the olympics as much like some bunny boiller. They are kind of encouraging all of this to happen.

#285 craigandy, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

All the effort to put CL face off the world number one again. LYB must have hope CL can go hatrick, and if not he will learn more valuable leasons.

7. victory

victory Regular Member

LYB is not the best coach and the chinese team is not the best badminton team on earth.

According to my definition, they may be the strongest but not the best.

A team that spit on sportmanship is a lousy team regardless of how many titles they won. Millions of badminton fans around the world are not blind. They can see what is going on. The chinese team will gain not gain respect no matter how many titles they have won.

LYB has no professionalism at all. How can he be a good coach? Not to mention be the best coach. This moron is the black sheep in the industry.

BWF has no balls. Badminton can survive without LYB and the chinese team. Just ban this team from any tournaments and I bet they will be crawling back to knock at the door again.

Badminton is a BIG industry in china. If the chinese badminon is being chased out of world tournaments, the chinese badminton industry players at many levels will revolt . MULTI-MILLIONS of chinese badminton fans will make noise.The pressure will get LYB and the national level coaches and higher management to toe the line.

8. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

No pictures on a scorecard. So in your opnion if China are not the "best" who is?....Please be scotland..... please be scotland

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No mate, its Australia :)

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Cobalt, I have compiled a full list of BWF councils and dept members email address, let me know if you need them. Whenever we ready we can start shooting our nukes at them.

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

shame on cba

12. ishahloveain

ishahloveain Regular Member

Customer Service
  13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sure, but first we have to build the points and arguments! :D

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Exactly so. The BWF's silence speaks volumes about their impotence.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Take along Limsy to show the statistics.

16. victory

victory Regular Member

Don't get me wrong. The chinese team won the most titles since they came into the scene in world badminton. They are the strongest. No doubt.

But since this is sport, sportsmanship and proffesionalism are very important. We just can not say people that do all sort of manipulations and punch below the belt are the best can't we?

As for the question of who is the best, we can open to the floor for discussion.

Err.....sorry mate, Scotland is not even near.:D

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Earth to craigandy.... come in, craigandy... .... .... Sir, I think we've lost him...

:p

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Spot-fixing controversy - Accused face jail terms

The verdict is finally in, at the spot-fixing controversy that assailed the sport of cricket for the past year. Both accused players have been found guilt and now face jail sentences.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/538829.html

Butt, Asif found guilty on both charges
    Richard Sydenham at Southwark Crown Court
    November 1, 2011

Excerpts:

The jury in the spot-fixing trial has found Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif guilty, by a unanimous verdict, on the charge of 'conspiracy to cheat' and both guilty by a 10-2 majority decision on the charge of 'conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments'.

Mohammad Amir had pleaded guilty to the same charges on September 16 but the news could not be reported till now because of court restrictions in place.

The convictions - reached by the jury of the Southwark Crown Court in London after 16 hours and 56 minutes of debate - carry jail terms. The sentences will be pronounced by the judge, Justice Cooke, on Wednesday and Thursday and Friday.

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

From the same article:
    "... a maximum prison sentence for the acceptance of corrupt payments is seven years in jail, while 'conspiracy to cheat' carries a maximum two-year sentence."

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Butt gets 2 years 6 months in jail, Asif gets 1 year, Amir six months
    Richard Sydenham at Southwark Crown Court
    November 3, 2011

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/539063.html

Excerpts:

Salman Butt, the former Pakistan captain, has been sentenced to two years and six months in jail for his role in the spot-fixing case; Mohammad Asif has got a one-year jail sentence and Mohammad Amir six months. Mazhar Majeed, the players' agent, has been sentenced to two years and eight months.

The sentences were handed down in Southwark Crown Court on Thursday morning, bringing the curtains down on one of sport's most sordid and shameful scandals. The sentences are open to appeal and can be reduced to half the term for good behaviour.

The incarceration will begin immediately, with the players - who had all come to court with bags - due to be led into prison straight from the courtroom. It seems, in Amir's case, that he will be sent to a young offenders' detention centre instead of jail.

...Butt and Asif were found guilty of conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to accept corrupt payments by a jury on Tuesday, while Majeed and Amir pleaded guilty at a pre-trial in September. It all followed the now infamous three pre-determined no-balls that were delivered in the Lord's Test match last year, two by Amir and one by Asif, orchestrated by Butt and arranged by Majeed.