The unlucky CTF/LWW

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ye333, Nov 5, 2007.

1. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Nevertheless, Msia is lucky to hv them. Its not easy for the oldies to play at such high lvl. We're considered lucky to hv at least 2 top MD pairs, unlike other countries.

3. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

MAS seems to have the track record of producing Mr. Runner-up. Whom I can recall are Foo Kok Keong and Sidek bros.

There seems to be one more Mr. Runner-up pair in making ... JJS/LYD

two titles - Thailand Open'06 & Kor SS'07
    four runners-up: Taipei Open'06, German Open'07, Thailand Open'07, WC'07

Well, I meant they are potential Mr. Runner-up but it's too early to tell that whether being RU will become their long-term career pattern.

CY is another potential Mr. Runner-up.

one title - Thailand Open'06
    six runners-up - SO'03, DO'03, World Cup'06, DO'06, German Open'07, AE'07

And Boonsak ...

one title - SIN SS'07
    nine runners-up - SEA Games'01, HKO'01, Thailand Open'01, Thailand Open'03, HKO'03, IO'05, World Cup'05, ABC'06, Thailand Open'07

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Bao Tan Fook and Bao Wan Wah???:D:D:D:D

5. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Why not Choong Chunlai or Lee Chunlai?

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    cos they are related........and very hard to call them if they all have the same name.:D:D:D "ah lai, come here pls......"

lai [wan wah] : yes, coming........

lai [tan fook] : yes, coming........

lai [real ah lai] : yes, coming too........:D:D:D

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Easy, then it'll be "Ah Fook" and "Ah Wah".

Anyway, to be fair to CTF/LWW - being Mr Runner-Up is better than "Mr Yoyo" or "Mr Quater Final or Mr Semi Final". At their age, they are doing better than the other 4 Malaysian MD pair(TBS,OngSH, Zakry,Fairuz, GanTC, LinWF,HoonTH) these players (except for soon retiring CCM) are 7-8 years younger.

#27 eaglehelang, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yup, I remember that match, the service judge was faulting them like nobody business:mad:, and at that time, the INA pair was owning Cai/Fu .....

Anyway, Cai was playing inspired, much like Koo Kien Kiat the previous week. As we can see, the aged MAS pair's defence were not as good as usual.

In fact, this year I would say their best form was during S'pore Open Final (which they lost to Cai/Fu too). With that kind of form, they would have won World Championships. Sigh, what can I say, MAS sportsmen (other than Nicol David, and she's a woman) are nearly men .........

9. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Although they lost tamely but I'm still giving credit to them. At their age they are still around in such a competitive arena, they still have what it takes on them.Salute them.

10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    The same story, why? They always fail in the last hurdle despite playing so well in the previous matches. Sigh...

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I thought they played better at WC when they beat Fu/Cai. Spore Open was their best form in a final this year.
    And TQ, the Malaysian sportswomen outshine the men in certain sports - squash, bowling are the ones winning consistently.

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Nah, I've seen both matches live, in S'pore Choong/Lee really owned Fu/Cai until their stamina let them down .... partly due to their own fault, the game was running at very fast pace and the old guys were doing too much smashing instead of using more flat drives and defence.

In Malaysia, it was Fu/Cai who were owning them, but a desperate change of tactics at the last moment saw them come from 16-19 down to 21-19 in 3rd game. Choong/Lee tried the same thing in Sunday's final but only got so far as 19-20 before losing the match.

But it was still a decent performance, as mentioned by other forummers, the other younger pairs should have stepped up and taken over the supporting role for Koo/Tan.

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Singapore Open is unbelievable. CY/FHF almost lost their confidence and fighting spirit. There seemed to be no hope for them to win. Of course, things changed at 7:15 in the 3rd game.

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Do you wonder why Kido always get called for a service fault? Because it is obvious to any service judge that he is serving close to his chest level:rolleyes:... if you don't believe me, just watch matches where they show a slow motion of Kido's serve... it is more ridiculous than most players(except Candra who is just as bad with his serve).