The Talking Point: Air Conditioning!

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by gelee, Aug 11, 2013.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I confirm that USD250 - got a shock when I first heard about it.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Container trucks have no ventilation in a smaller volume of space. No aircon does not mean no ventilation. Aircon is not meant to be an oxygen supply.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Cheung, would playing 11:15pm in the previous night and turning off the AirCon together increase the likelihood of heat stroke, exhaustion or muscle cramp?

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well, it s totally relevant to the thread. It s in the Star. I don t know how to post it otherwise I would have done so. I think you should trust boss kwun s intelligence. The mud stirrers are purposely stirring to hasten this thread closure. If the boss falls for it...maybe some Brand's bird s nest would do him wonders.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope, the source I read was not from the Star or English newspapers. Keep looking.

Limsy, your source should be same as my source, you know, the 3 languages one :D

#286 eaglehelang, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I think you have to take other factors into account.

No two humans are going to be in exactly the same physical state before a match. Many factors are involved including the individual's own fitness, hydration, previous training regime, diet etc. You can't control the situation and that's why we are all different. Some people just get it easier than others - I am one of the lucky ones who gets less cramp. I used to play in non aircon hall, 3 hours including many singles in the heat of HK.

LCW did have a late match. So do other people. It's happened to Taufik, Peter Gade and other less famous people. As professionals, they simply have to deal with it. That means knowing their diet, replenishing fluids post match, post match physiotherapy and stretching etc. so their team has that responsibility to help recover and prepare them. How do you know if they do that job properly?

Before the finals match, the players are back on court in preparation doing routines and practices possibly using weights on the legs and/or training racquets. That's to help them get up to speed.

So there are many individual factors and random variation at hand. So, could they be factors. Yes. Are they definitely implicated? No

I recall the msian team stayed in HK for training prior to GZ. That training hall should have air conditioning...the msian players may have got used to cool conditions.

As I watched the final right in front of me, I saw that LD has better coping strategies. Just look at how many times LD asked for shuttle change or court mopping compared with LCW. LD controlled the pace of the match and LCW did hardly anything to change the rhythm.so LCW had to work harder anywa.

So what happened to LCW could have happened to anybody.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

No, it s the one headlined, ' I will try again next year'.

What I can t stand about LCW is how he described LD as an extraordinary player. Come on, LD does not have to compete internationally in tournaments to be match fit. He can have higher level tournaments just with his teammates and done more efficiently.
    Why can t LCW recognize he is the extraordinary player. Making the London Olympics against all odds, from a CHN inflicted injury. Beating all the motivated, young guns in his draw in the WC. Getting sabotaged again because LYB had no confidence LD (after losing G1) could beat LCW without backup aircon shutdown intervention.

And some LCW fans and that simpleton Rajes Paul. She judged a player s greatness because he won the WC, even though his coach had paid LCW the greatest compliment with his aircon action. Stop being simple minded, LCW fans. LCW s body language in MSF was one of confidence, never seen before, playing against LD. A confident LCW is unbeatable. LCW did not lose to LD. LCW lost to an offcourt opponent. LCW lost to LYB.

And LCW should stop apologising for not winning the WC or for failing. No outcome can be guaranteed even with the best efforts because some things are beyond belief or control. He did not lose or fail. In LYB s mind, LCW is better than LD. The aircon assist said it all.

9. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

What does LYB loosely translate to in English?
    Tony Soprano or Don King?

10. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Thanks got it.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What happened to LCW would not happen to anybody because no one is targeted except LCW.

Asking for shuttle change or court mopping is not a coping strategy. It s a delay tactic to slow down and frustrate an opponent,especially a speedy one like LCW. Actually LD s delay tactic is worse than Boe. The difference is the camera is always on LD s opponent when LD s getting ready to serve so it s not obvious to the TV viewer. You can check in his match against NTM, how long NTM gotta wait for LD s serve.
    In any case, the key point is missed. If the aircon had not been shut down, LCW wins in 2 games, the cramps stage would not even be reached.
    With this LYB trick precedent, should BWF warn players that they should always expect the unexpected and be alert to sudden, unannounced aircon shutdowns? Should players go into matches with this extra mental baggage?

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

DPY and WZM also have the same system and teammates, but still ending as rather ordinary player. So i thing the human factor has a pretty decent proportion here over the environment factor itself.

The air conditioner been off is pretty much confirmed i think, but for it being a sabotage action still wild theories raised by people only. But it's our choice to think what we want.
    Still, LD lost G1 in 2 previous major finals only to came back and win the medal. No reason why he has no chance to repeat it once more this year.

And some LCW fans and that simpleton Rajes Paul. She judged a player s greatness because he won the WC, even though his coach had paid LCW the greatest compliment with his aircon action. Stop being simple minded, LCW fans. LCW s body language in MSF was one of confidence, never seen before, playing against LD. A confident LCW is unbeatable. LCW did not lose to LD. LCW lost to an offcourt opponent. LCW lost to LYB.

And LCW should stop apologising for not winning the WC or for failing. No outcome can be guaranteed even with the best efforts because some things are beyond belief or control. He did not lose or fail. In LYB s mind, LCW is better than LD. The aircon assist said it all.[/QUOTE]

#293 bad's fan, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  14. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

wow 18 pages already.......................

why it is so hot?? oh hoooo.. they turning off the aircon :p

15. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

well said!!

This is sabotaged!! I felt that something suspicious happen in G2, strange.. BWF should investigate this! Otherwise this will become another trick or next time they will execute anything new dirty trick. Don't let this happen again!!!!!

wow CBA I didn't expected they would go at lengths with everything but to win. All these dirty underhanded tricks was too much!!! Sad..really sad once again badminton has to insult by scandal @___@

I admired LD before. Now my respect for LD is gone :(

16. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

exactly, LCW was drenched with so many sweat and LD like not effected. fishy

17. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

That reminds me of something. There is a technique called genetic attacks, which basically means that certain things (usually medicine but possibly other things) are extremely harmful only to people with certain genes but totally benign to others. With China's technology and resources (and LYB's ambitions and power), it is not unlikely some of these techniques are deployed to help LD. now it seems some form of genetic air-conditioning was used in GZ. no wonder LCW was drenched and LD was not affected at all.

18. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

agree all these cheating unsportsmanship like behavior just humiliating and bring down badminton :crying:

19. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

agree all these cheating unsportsmanship like behavior just humiliating and bring down badminton :crying:

20. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Yes, BAM should launch a formal protest to IOC!! I think high possibility launch a formal protest to BWF will be chaffy as BWF too favor CBA -_-