The linesman is worse

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by baihaki_as, Sep 23, 2006.

1. asiatrader98

asiatrader98 Regular Member

correct me if I am wrong, I saw the picture from the Star (Malaysian Newspaper), most of the linesmen are the old man (above 50 years old)...........why ? Is it because of this reason...sorry no offence to the old man

#21 asiatrader98, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. wilsontan

wilsontan Regular Member

sportshop retailer / badminton coach
    if i am not mistaken the equietment is aready invented but is not approve yet
    i am not that sure about it but just some recall from memory :p
    i want the dvd , how do u send me ???

3. beauty

beauty Regular Member

nomination of linesmen and umpire for WC

There are very strict regulation for nomination of umpires and linejudges for IBF events. Umpires have several grades from regional to national to international to continental to IBF. Every part has several grades too. To be umpire on WC has to be IBF grade with a lot of experiences and a lot of exams. For linejudges it is a little bit different. They apply as a volunteers but they also have to proof their experiences. On tournaments like WC or Olympic Games qiute often as a linejudges selected from umpires of continental grade.

4. BMcentral

BMcentral Regular Member

Human make mistakes by their judgment.
    i always felt that certain technology should be used at those important tournments.

5. beauty

beauty Regular Member

I can´t understand why a lot of people think that it is conspiracy, war between Asia and Europe etc. I was witness few times that player was complaining about linecall (I was sitting behind linejudge), player saw out and it was 10 cm in. Why when player is not playing well is blaiming linejudges for bad call, service judges for faulting them (or not faulting oppeonents) or umpire didn´t do that, did that etc. Isn´t it now that Asians are blaiming Europe because european players are getting closer to them and Asia is not anymore 5 steps in front of Europe but only 2 steps ? Please, don´t take it as a rasism or something like that, but think about that.

6. beauty

beauty Regular Member

Excuse me but maybe not even half of linesmen were locals. In Europe is group of linejudges travelling to all major events (European Championship, prelims of Thomas and Uber Cups, etc) and most of them are experienced umpires that they don´t have grade to participate on WC as umpire (it takes long time to become IBF umpire to be selected to WC - at least 10 year with at least 200 matches a year). Do you think it is not experienced enough ?

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think if wbf want badminton to go prime time, they should also fix the lines dispute and service fault matters.

8. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

WBF should seriously start using video replay ...
    In my opinion it won't replace the role of the umpire but it will just help hm to make the game more fair .. I just saw a documentary abt that .. the main problem is that it costs a lot T_T

9. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Its gambling, and its all about match fixing. Maybe its involve the IBF official as well. Asia vs Europe conspiracy is just an excuse. Yes, we never heard of this, but it doesn't mean that it does not exist. ..

10. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    :crying: I know :crying: But it will help the games a lot more. Money is very important :crying: :(