"The Hairy Crab"

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by meteo, Dec 8, 2004.

1. meteo

meteo Regular Member

will dance for free shuttles
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    -19 years old
    -male (single)
    -Japanese
    -184-6cm tall (depending on temp.)
    -pentium inside

INTRO:
    I started badminton for all the wrong reasons. I initially thought badminton was a board game. Which was why I was surprised the "team" had a "coach" that told us that we needed to "try out." I later found out that the board game I was thinking of was "backgammon" and that I have signed up to try out for a sport I never knew existed.

I somehow made the team and 1 year (season) passed. I found out how much of an @ss my coach was. He got the head-coach fired while being assistant coach at the time. I also had a "role model" of sorts, my friend who was one year above me who, unlike moi, was actually a good player. He once borrowed my racket and lost it which was very bad for me since I borrowed that racket from a girl... I did get back at him since I threw up in his apartment. (but I won't get into that...) I played doubles.

I decided to join again the next year (junior) because I heard that the coach was transferred elsewhere. Guess who was the newly appointed head-coach for our school? The same guy that got the nice coach fired. I played mixed.

During this time, all the girls commented on how much leg hair I had. Add that to the fact that I had "unique" footwork, and you can figure out why I was nicknamed "the hairy crab." I can't believe how mean girls can be...

I decided to join AGAIN the next year (senior) because my friend said that there were really cute girls on the team this year. (I just can't seem to learn my lesson huh?) Coach warned me that seniors MUST make the varsity team or else I cannot join the team at all (regional rules). Luckily, half of the varsity team regulars quit for one reason or another. (Actually there was only one reason - the coach) I played doubles again.

Girls continue to be evil this season. They kept saying it was funny how a 6 foot tall varsity player had a pink racket. I said it was silver and red. (IT IS NOT PINK!!!) The coach said it was a pink racket. I bet my coach is actually a woman inside...

Now I'm in Indiana, which is pretty different from the California I grew up in. People hang out at Walmart over here because it is the "hip" place to be. That gives you an idea of what this place is like. I still play badminton because quite honestly, there is NOTHING else to do here. If you google my name, you will either get a biologist that nobody has heard of, or an idiot that got a speeding ticket for going 120 mph in a residential zone on a motorcycle (and consequently got on the university newspaper.) I HAD A GOOD REASON. I left my wallet in the gym which had all my stuff. :crying:

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! Welcome to BF, Meteo! Don't worry about the leg hair, its actually useful now that you're in Indiana:D. No cheap insulation than hair, I tell ya:p!

3. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Dear hairy,

Glad that you started posting.A warm welcome to this forum.

Those girls really commented on the hairs? So those comments must have been very positive. So they must admire you with those hair: so "MAN"!! In my life, when there were "private talk" between women, it's often that they like man with ""MAN" characteristics because women do have that normally.

At first, I guessed that you liked to eat hairy crabs from Shanghai!!!

#3 redkingjoe, Dec 8, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum, HairyCrab ... a MOST entertaining read, your intro. :D

-dave

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Is certainly amusing reading your intro. Welcome to BCBF. :)

6. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

you're a hilarious one! :D you must have been very desperate for something to do since you decided to join that "board-game" club ???!!!! :D :D lol. geez i still can't swallow the fact that you never heard of badminton being a sport before this. anyway, hope you'll continue posting in here, meteo!