The beginning of the end of CHN's domination??

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by alfa-2, Sep 15, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Too early to say.....it is only one tournament that all chinese players are beaten....CHN still has many good WS...gotta wait and see.....

2. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

Nice way of putting it.^^

As a european I`m very happy Tine won the JO, but like it has been said before, let's not get too euphoric ;)
    It's a great achievement that she bet all those amazing players but that doesn't make her ultimate champion, although you probably weren't that serious ;)

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The Armada was shot down by the Seventh Fleet of the world. Will china send another Armada ?

4. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

uhhhhhhh, honestly, Tine Rasmussen won ONE tournament.
    so she trained harder than anyone else in the tournament for this tournament.
    she proved to be fitter and tougher than anyone else in her side of the draw to win the tournament.

maybe if she played someone else in round 1 or round 2, she may have lost? who knows.

until she beats the chinese WS players time and time again, she isn't going to be called anything other than "the winner of the japanese open".

chinese players go unbeaten for months on end and they get bashed.
    players from other countries win ONE tournament, and they get praised?

grow up.

it'd be awesome to see Rasmussen in the later stages of every future tournament, but seriously, until she starts repeating this feats in the next few tournaments, she'll be forgotten in a couple months.

if this coming week, she was forced to play the same players again, she'd probably lose atleast half. and i bet a lot of people here would agree.

#24 chickenpoodle, Sep 16, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  5. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    good analysis.....;)

6. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    What's with you talking sense and all?

C'mon, you'd at least allow Tine and her supporters a day of jubilee, heya?

7. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

If u think China's team is starting to get unhealthy...look at other national teams...MAS, INA, DEN etc..

MAS:
    MS- Besides Chong Wei, no one else reliable at all.
    MD- KKK/Tbh are very predictable nowadays & are finding it tough to make a comeback & the old guns CTF/LWW are getting older & older.
    WS, WD & XD- nothing much to talk about.

INA:
    MS- Taufik doesn't dominate world badminton nowadays, rather, he puts up fights but loses most of the time...there doesn't seem to be a reliable succesor to him...
    MD- Kido-Setiawan are their most reliable nowadays but still, gone are the days of Indonesian MD domination.
    WD- Once in a blue moon the Indonesian girls can spring up a surprise but thats on a bad China day.
    XD- This is probably their most consistent department, but still 50-50 with the Chinese pair.
    WS- irelevent

DEN:
    MS- Peter Gade doesn't win anymore, he just puts up some resistance...there's no reliable successor to him.
    MD- Danish pairs are getting old and lame...young guns not up to expectations.
    WS- Tine's win might just be a one off
    XD & WD- irelevent

Conclusion:
    China still looks to dominate for many years to come & they have successors to take over the helms of their current squad.

8. chickenpoodle

a day of celebrations is fine.
    but you know, they'd probably go drinking and partying for days, while everyone else has gone back to their regular regimens of 8-10 hours of training a day. :p

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

True, but the way she won suggests there is more to come. We are growing up all the time when we realise another champion is here - that something has changed and that change might be here for a while. Don't feel too bad. You might be right but TINE has won handsomely today and I think if she keeps it up, the Chinese will feel the pain.

10. chickenpoodle

the problem is that i don't want to be right.
    i want to see other countries in the mix, fighting for the win all the time.
    when i say fighting for the win, i want both the teams to be playing their best, exhibiting good badminton.
    i don't count the times when one lower quality player wins because the higher quality player suffers a bad day.
    i'm a canadian. i may be chinese, but i don't care so much if chinese domination continues. i want to see other countries improving their quality of badminton programs to match the chinese, not for the chinese to relax. but rather, everyone to improve...
    Tine Rasmussen's victory makes me as excited as India's MS success back in the world championships. but i'll stay realistic...

11. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

China's future lies on:
    MS- Chen Jin (well...he's not that superior like Lin Dan but he's still a class above all the other players from his generation from other countries.)
    MD- Xie Zhongbo-Guo Zhengdong looks like they can take over or rather (in addition to CY-FHF) be a pair to be respected.
    WS- Zhu Lin, Lu Lan are likely to be China's front runners...they have a pool of young girls waiting to break in too!
    WD- Well...these girls are getting older but there will still be sometime b4 they are completely replaced by some juniors.
    XD- ZYW-XXB are becoming a force to reckon with

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The Chinese Way

Well, the antidote might just be the sacking of Li Yongbo. :rolleyes:

13. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Which would be overly harsh (and dumb) considering his track record with the team - it wasn't him who failed to beat LCW or Tine Rasmussen, really.

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    why dont every other nation gang up and have CHN's top players well analysed? how bout that?? :p:p:p

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Analytical Tools

With a great deal of help from video and with the use of analytical software, badminton associations across Asia are now busy analyzing the playing styles of the world's leading players... the target is the box of Olympic Gold Medals in 2008. :)

Already, the playing styles of Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Taufik Hidayat are Cai & Fu among the most heavily analysed in badminton.

In fact, such software allows a fair bit of prediction... for instance, it shows that, 8 times out of 10, Lin Dan delivers a cross-court smash if the shuttle is lifted to his forehand back-corner when he is moving backwards. :eek:

A few teams even have fulltime assistant coaches doing little apart from this kind of sophisticated video-based performance analysis. England and Malaysia are among the heavy users (and not just for badminton). :p

I bet Lee Chong Wei's resurgence owes much to this software. ;)

16. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    they probably do. just no one's good enough to consistently produce the goods to beat the Chinese everytime

17. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    CHN will bounce back very soon, for sure...

18. sweetmelon

sweetmelon Regular Member

yeah just think its not a good come back after the world champs.. they'll bounce back 4 sure!!

19. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    i think chn jz too happy for their win in WC..
    so no time to train..

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Don't think so, Japan SS is the poorest SS result for CHN squad thus far. Let's see their performance in next 4 SS!