Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (13th November 2015)

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by CLELY, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In what way rude ?

2. bologna

bologna Regular Member

student
    nothing rude out there.....in fact she was supported Marin screaming....

3. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    She was screaming because she was scared as I mentioned the 1st para was quite rude..
    Also she said i've def her before so its not a special feeling ..She was supporting CM's screeches in the later part which is undoubtedly appreciable... And the sentences might have looked blunt as they were directly translated...

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Sometimes, translating Chinese to English is a bit tricky. I read the Chinese as saying, "Marin lacked confidence"

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION] your girl proved me wrong. I had expected Sin to take care of her yesterday itself, yet here she is today beating the Screaming Nightmare. Respect, but she needs LXRs and WYHs consistency to make the team IMO.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah I figured out.. Because many a times I translate news at Fb and it results in worthless bundle of sentences

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    IMO she is currently very consistent in fact most consistent in CHN team..
    I believe by the end of tomorrow the picture will be very clear.. If WYH fails to impress and WSX takes care of LXR it should be finalized without giving much trouble to poor WSX.. After all she is giving her best, she wasn't selected last time and one more denial will be too much to handle

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    excellent translation from AlanY, but I'd also like to add a missing sentence from the translation. because she is just responding to the question asked:

在被问到此番战胜马林是否有特别的感受时,王适娴淡然地说道:“战胜她我挺开心的,但因为我之前赢过 她,所以这次赢她我没什么特别的感受。”

When asked if she has special feeling after defeating Marin, Wang Shixian calmly says, “I’m happy to beat her but as I’d done it before there isn’t much special feeling.”

9. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    it basically says first quote: i feel very happy right now, but since this is not my first time beating her, the feeling isn't THAT special (note, i interpreting this no way as being cocky or rude but simply the way of replying the reporter's question of how do you feel right now)

2nd: she says all the opponents are exceptional and strong and yesterday my match went to the distance just like today but I felt more tiring with yesterdays match (because it was 19 mins longer)

3rd: her main reason for winning today was that she was a lot more patient and on home soil, the crowd gave her chants and motivation for belief. in the second match she got used to the tempo and her (CM) game and third game the first half she kept the score very close.

4th: she says she has absolutely no problem with CM's (vocal expression, aka scream) as it is just a way for her to fire herself up and many people are not used to it. however she has hinted that she only does it when shes winning ... but the attitude is something we could all learn from.

5th: reporting asking CM, do you think WSX has found a way to beat you? She replies "I dont know, maybe you should ask her" and smiles

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i agree. frankly i think Wang Shixian's response is quite respectful to her opponent, humble and diplomatic.

we have say way worse things about Marin here in BC. way worse. :D

11. V_forever

V_forever Regular Member

Student
    LD says he hopes to have an even better performance against LCW tomorrow because naturally its against LCW. When asked about LCW's current form LD replied that it is very good, especially since he recently won the French Open.

When the reporter asked LD about semis before the JOJ and LCW game he said I already knew from the start that to progress to final he has to meet either JOJ and LCW and whoever wins I need to play better.

When asked LCW that the LCW-LD showdown will happen tomorrow, LCW said he has to prepare well.
    When asked, some people believe due to the aging of yourself and LD does the current LCW-LD showdown present a different meaning than the ones we are accustomed to seeing in the past? He replied "to us, playing in one match means one match less (referring to the total amount of games they both have left to play) and a lot of people wish to see us face off still so I hope to present an exciting and entertaining match tomorrow"

12. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Wow, WSX says that she will share her experience defeating Marin with her team-mates-- but she literally revealed Carolina Marin's 'secret'' to the world:

“I feel that it's fine that she 'roars', I never felt her 'roaring' was hard on the ears, but maybe there are many who can't quite get used to it. When she 'roars' the fiercest, I feel that it indicates that she is insecure, as she actually doesn't really 'roar' when she plays well. Her 'roaring' is actually a form of self-encouragement, I feel that this aspect of her game is something we should learn from."

Great analysis, WSX-- no wonder you have the psychological edge over Marin! From now on I will listen closely to Marin's 'roars' so that I can also picked up her insecurities too!

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

From the context you can tell WSX was being frank and respectful towards Marin. Even if the word is translated as 'scared', it's not far wrong except that the connotation is more negative than lacking confidence or insecure.