Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2015 : Qualification & R/32 (10th & 11th November 2015)

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by CLELY, Nov 8, 2015.

1. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    ... I just saw.. Ahmad Natsir pair is taken out by the germans. Wow

2. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Condolences to FHF. My thoughts are with you and family. His father was born in Surabaya, Indonesia and decided to return to his forefathers' homeland. FHF could have been playing for Indonesia.

#222 tbgoh288, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Thanks for sharing this sad news with us.......Well,eventually one day everyone will have to face this painful moment.Hope,FHF stays strong....

And Badminton is placed in 'others' section???

4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Just saw Chou Tien Chen did a LCW to Xue. Hold and hit on top of the racket to Xua right base line . Xue made a sudden turn to the back to give a high lob. CTC jumps and hold before lightly tap shuttle to Xues front left corner. CTC was caught of guard by LCW many times by that. Looks like he learns fast this CTC.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION] . I am here to answer the question that you have asked just now. With regards to K. Srikanth ranking it may seem likely that his ranking will drop to no 9 or 10 by end of this year if he doesn't progress in the tournaments that he has participated and kept losing at the first or second round. It seems like a sad news for me as Srikanth is one of my idols. But I have learn to accept the fact as for now.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh no another of my idol Ashwini Ponappa / Jwalla Gupta is on the verge of losing again. Oh no.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thankful that my idol Chou Tien Chen finally won his match today. Happy.

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

XS's game appears to me to have stagnated

9. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Just saw Chou Tien Chen did a LCW to Xue. Hold and hit on top of the racket to Xua right base line . Xue made a sudden turn to the back to give a high lob. CTC jumps and hold before lightly tap shuttle to Xues front left corner. CTC was caught of guard by LCW many times by that. Looks like he learns fast this CTC.

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

sorry for the double post, At the end of the match CTC did a LCW again. CTC is on his way to be a powerful singles player in the next few months as he is learning emulating LCW's shots. Very very dangerous player.

11. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

XS held a lot of promise but in these two years he has not shown much improvement. Wang ZM too. Seems to be lost on how to win matches. The future aint bright for China in the next 3 years when LD retires. Only Chen Long to carry the torch. WZM cant be relied on. THW still don't know. XS stagnated. have to wait for the juniors to come through the ranks in 3 years. A very very long time.

12. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Should have kept Du Peng You

13. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Chin's self-imposed quota of two 18+ players have been taken up by the erratic LGP and Ye Binghong. They need to send two 17+ ( Sun Feixiang and Chen Jinling ) to prepare them for next year's campaign. China takes the WJC seriously. Look at the girls they sent to Lima, Peru. HBJ and Li Yun are 18+ while Gao Fangjie and Chen Yufei are 17+.

#233 tbgoh288, Nov 11, 2015
  14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow Chang Ye Na / Lee So Hee are really very and extremely good today. The way they trashed the Japanese WD 21-10 21-4 to win is too good to be true. Looks like the Japanese WD has practically given up their hope to win the match in set 2.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Meanwhile tough fight at court 2 and 3 for both the MD matches.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I see, you've a point there.

17. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Their 16+ are only sent when there are better than the 17+, example Chen Jin, Shih Yuqi and Chen Yufei (took part in WJC last year). It is their policy. It so happened that the WJC this year coincides with the Chinese SSP. Otherwise Zhou Zeqi, Liu Haicao, Chen Xiaoxin,Zhang Yiman Li Wenmei, Cai Yanyan. the latter two just turned 16, have no chance to take part in the on-going China SSP.

#237 tbgoh288, Nov 11, 2015
  18. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    Just watched LXR's match on YouTube. It is not very clear. Anyone has a link to a clearer video please kindly share.

19. zgdsbdmg

zgdsbdmg New Member

Cai Yun, after beating HK's pair with LuKai, also talked about this in the after-game interview. He said he had send text to Fu, told him to be strong, cause he had responsibility to his family.
    And yes, badminton is not as hot as football or basketball in China, though still more people play badminton or pingpong than the ones play football or basketball.

20. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I think the issue with badminton is that lots of people play it in China, but it is not big as a spectator sport, especially since most people are more interested in playing than watching.