Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2014 : FINALS (16th November 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2014' started by CLELY, Nov 15, 2014.

1. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Aside from this, I honestly couldn't find Forum Rules about posting rules. Anyone care to help? :(

forum rules.jpg

2. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Can Stem cell help knee injury? I understand that he has gone back to Beijing for more treatment for his knee injury. He is not playing at Hong Kong open.

QUOTE=volcom;2294011]Lin Dan should get some stem cell treatment to help accelerate his healing process in time for the next tourney :)[/QUOTE]

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    On the question of whether great players like LD could further aggravate his "knee injury" if he continues to compete, LCW is another example of how his thigh injury has turned for the worse despite the stem cell treatment and careful medical consultation.

Now his feared nightmare becomes a reality with the BWF doping charge and his suspension from competition until further notice. His ambition to compete in Rio 2016 is in question.

4. liiil

liiil Regular Member

Changing the topic a bit... I guess Kidambi here is a surname because he has a brother Nandakopal Kidambi. He won Maldives International Challenge 2013 in Mixed Doubles.

5. Saniljit

Saniljit Regular Member

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yes. Srikanth is his name and kidambi is his family name(usual here in south india)

7. vkokamthankar

vkokamthankar Regular Member

Employed in a company
    This is what Lin Dan has to say. He has not made his injury a big reason for the defeat. It is not even a excuse for the defeat :

Chinese state run Xinhua news agency ran a brief story after Sunday's match saying ‘Lan Dan stunned by Indian young shuttler Srikanth in China Open final’ failing to make his 6th champion of the tournament.

"I tried hard in this event. I believed I played well this time because I'm just recovering from the injury," Lin said.

"The problem was I did not move fast enough today," he added.

"I did not have myself trained systematically after the Asian Games. But I'm confident I'll be better in the coming 3-4 years," said Lin.

#527 vkokamthankar, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    why did LD cut the sleeves?

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Absolutely..
    But you see they all of those in the market this days are way too inconsistent you see...
    PK people reckon him as one of the the disciplined player(so do I ) but his inconsistency maybe because of health or because of diabeleif in himself he win against KT and JOJ aftwr some time looses to MZ and even lower ranked players after leading all the time..
    KS and KM other top contenders ..I guess I don't need to make you aware about their world famous inconsistent runs..
    CTC he is improved.. For sure..let's see can he justify in HLG he'll be up against KS

12. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Yes he did say that. But he also said that he play very carefully so that his knee injury is not getting worse which meant he has to slowdown his usual pace.

13. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I really don't mind KS winning the title. He was the better player on the court in the final. I am more concern about LD knee injury as knee injury can be complicated and became chronic problem. Personally I think withdrawal from Hong Kong open is very wise decision. I wish he makes full recovery.

14. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    MS is very competitive nowadays. Apart from LD and LCW and probably Chen Long. The differences among top 20 players are quite small.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    And if it's OK to neglect some I think if I keep LXR and WYH seperate then SN and WSX at the next level..it gets really difficult to draw any such partitions down the rankings..
    Of course there is no altercations about the uncertainty and oppeness of the MS category in fact this very discipline has dominated the sport for years now. What my point was looking at the current WS Squad you can not predict anything..I mean all those girls in their early stages of game are packed with new style of sport, resilience and agility at the same time are uncertain and lacks exposure...
    The former ones including WSX SNand WYH( LXR is outstanding) all of them stumbles to the new stroke and peculiarities in gameplay of upcoming stars...
    Its really fortunate to see such thrilling candidancy for the place atleast in SF if not in finals..(most of the SS and SSP excluding CHN and AUS are won by CHN trio)

16. vkokamthankar

Employed in a company
    Defeat and Injury (?) of a Star !

I am browsing through this 30+ page thread for last two days. Almost 25 pages are dedicated to defeat and injury (?) of Lin Dan. Synopsis of these 25 pages is as follows :
    1. The thing called ‘upset’ is not there in the game of Badminton.
    2. Highly ranked players, Stars and Gods are not to be defeated by low ranked players.
    3. No other player can match or surpass the skills and potential of a Star.
    4. Star never ages or loses his touch and skills.
    5. Star never slows down, in fact his speed and reflexes keeps improving with his age.
    6. Stars’ potential and skills are eternal, until he decides to retire.
    7. If at all Star is defeated by low ranked player, it is simply because of serious injury.
    8. If at all Star is defeated by low ranked player, it is simply because it was not his day.
    9. When it is not a Star’s day he is overly relaxed and overconfident.
    10. Only Stars get serious injuries.
    11. Low ranked players are never injured and they are not allowed to get injured.
    12. Stars sometimes gift away victories to opponents who do not posses any skills or potential to win.
    13. Stars are declared as injured only during finals or only after their defeat.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You missed the bit where the challenger nearly died but recovered. Please give the champion some credit where it is due. :rolleyes:

Actually, being admitted to ICU doesn't necessarily mean close to death.

18. vkokamthankar

Employed in a company
    Well my point is, this entire thread and discussion is not about winning but about losing, it is not about challenger it is about giant loser, it is not about winners' skills and potential it is about seriously injured loser. 'sarcasm'

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, it's ingrained that the favourites usually takes the title. The favourites are as I mentioned, 1) LCW because he participates in most SS and SSP, 2) CL and 3) LD who occasionally come and grabbed the big ones.

Looking back at the records, who else other than this trio except a handful of players had won any title.

So, SK's victory is a refreshing and good one and hope many more new winners will emerge to make this sport more exciting.

In fact his win should be reported like below :

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sports/article/new-indian-hero-rises-as-chong-weis-star-falls

and

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/sports/2014/11/17/srikanth-stuns-superstar-lin-dan/

not because someone was injured.

20. vkokamthankar

Employed in a company
    Appreciate your views and links posted by you.