Tennisman Diamond BT-M - The Alpha Ghost killer?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by s_mair, Mar 31, 2022.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Disclaimer: This is a non-sponsored post, I'm not related to Tennisman business wise in any way. I just like that machine! A lot! :)

I don't know why I've never really taken notice of this hidden gem in the current Tennisman/StringMaster stringing machine lineup. Just looking through the features, this thing seems to have everything. May I present you the Tennisman Diamond BT-M (https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...esaitungsmaschine-TennisMan-Diamond-BT-M.html):

[​IMG]

Here's a more detailed description as PDF:
    http://www.ssl160868.de/Bilder/Tennisman-DIAMOND-BT-English.pdf

I've always kind of dreamt of an Alpha Ghost being the end-all-be-all final upgrade for at some distant point in time, but I feel like I need to do some re-focussing here.

Turntable, clamps and bases are identical to the StringMaster Deluxe and I wouldn't change a thing about them. In addition, it has an automatic turntable break and now optionally a really sexy glide-to-activate gripper:

The pulling speed and smoothness alone makes me drool uncontrollably. :eek:

So just in case anybody in here is looking for a no-jokes high-level machine, make sure to have this one on the list.

Or am I missing something here?

emjay, Dekkert, yenyesoh and 6 others like this.
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Looks really good! Don't think it is sold in the US though... sigh.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Alpha Ghost seems to be out of stock everywhere too.

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I’m pretty sure that there is a way to get it to the US. Might be a couple of bucks extra shipping though.

kwun likes this.
  5. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    About 2 grand, compared to my last upgrade! :'D

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

s_mair likes this.
  6. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

The cams remind me of the Babolat Sensor cams.

To all the stringers here who are using Wise tension heads, I think buying a machine like this or the Alpha Ghost or if you can find a used Yonex machine, these things are investments in your stringing career. I feel like these bigger machines have bigger mechanics in their tension heads giving a stronger pull and less need I see some stringers giving a somewhat of a post stretch to their strings. If you do the math you will eventually pay it off and you will have more fun and have a better pride of your string jobs stringing on a better machine. If you only plan to string for yourself and a couple of people then maybe the Wise is for you, but for me I take pride in my string jobs and stringing on a good machine helps me know I am giving my best string job to my customers. Invest and have pride in your stringing ability, working on a professional level machine helps give the confidence you are giving a professional string job to your customer

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I think this "stronger pull" thing is BS. 20lbs is 20lbs as long as both machines are calibrated. Neither pulls any stronger than the other.

However, not to say a Yonex is not a good machine, it is. The smoothness, speed and rigidness, durability is way better than any WISE combo. So if one can find one, yes, for sure.

ucantseeme, xZhongCheng and s_mair like this.
  8. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Yea the only gripe I have with the Wise is the slow pull speed and the noise. It is however very accurate which what matters at the end of the day.

DarthHowie and kwun like this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I wholeheartedly agree that it's vital to use proper gear to ensure constistent and good quality jobs. A thing you still have to consider with every investment is the business model. I'll take myself as an example. I'm working a full time office job and doing stringing as a hobby - with a nice side effect that it earns me my usual badminton spendings. If things go well, I will end up somewhere around 100-120 payed jobs this year. I feel like my personal ceiling would be 150-200 before it will turn into stress. Money wise, I calculate with a net profit around 10 EUR per job (not including amortization of the machine).

Now going for a 3.5k€ machine would mean that I would be stringing for ~3 years only for the machine. And hands down, from a strictly business perspective it doesn't make sense to spend all these hours at the machine and some more dealing with clients only to own a sexy machine. The little voice inside my head saying "but look at that sweeeet machine! Must! Have! It!" is a different story. :rolleyes:

That's what makes the WISE so nice. You can go from manual to electronic with a mere ~600 EUR upgrade which is just super convenient. It might not be sexy looking, it's noisy and pulls soooo sloooowly, but it gets the job done. Very consistently. When I was still tracking every stringbed ping, I was in a range of +-5 Hz between identical jobs, which I would rate as "spot on".

It's a whole different thing if you're running a shop or doing the stringing as a serious (side-)business. That's where you need the best gear possible to make sure you don't have to deal with down times due to machine breakdowns all the time. Also, it's important to show your customers that you are willing to put in the maximum effort and showing off with a high class machine will clearly have an impact on people. We're all buying with our eyes. :)

Woesi, xZhongCheng, kakinami and 3 others like this.
  10. mckbadminton

mckbadminton New Member

Tennisman Diamond BT-M is sold in the US as Tourna 850-ES. uniquesports.com is the dealer for Xpider stringing machines in US

11. mckbadminton

mckbadminton New Member