Team up with Abu dhabi Badminton Addicts

Discussion in 'Middle East & South Asia' started by roena80, Jul 9, 2005.

1. rjchintu

rjchintu New Member

hey buddy, not yet able to find any proper facilty here. in case i am lucky...wud inform u

2. beeaug

beeaug New Member

Strategy & Marketing
    Dear Abu Dhabi badminton enthusiast,

I have enrolled in this forum to be one among the enthusiasts who want to make things happen-play badminton at affordable rates in fairly good indoor courts. I have seen the thread of messages (dated as far back as 2005) from desperate players who are unable to find a place to play in Abu Dhabi.

I was told that this association is sending a request to the concerned authorities to make available such indoor courts. If so, I will join the pioneers. Who is heading this? or is it really taking place? Someone please enlighten me.

3. hyper_carbon_62

hyper_carbon_62 Regular Member

Omigosh!

Its been years since I've read this thread and until now there is no badminton court in AUH? Someone should take the lead of sourcing out some school gyms that can be converted into badminton court. That is what we've done in Jeddah. To date, we have 5 Philippine schools with badminton courts. IPSJ (4 courts), POIS (3 courts), Al Hekma (2 courts), Sunrise (2 courts), JIS (2 courts) and HPC sports club (4 courts) which now becomes the battle ground in Badminton.

4. mikmik

mikmik New Member

airline employee
    hi guys,
    we play in Mafraq hotel and some of us are members so no need for the rest to get club membership. play all you can for dhs35.
    we just txt to get a quorum then head out to mafraq. we live at Delma street beside muroor bridge, near taxi stand. hopefully we can find nice wooden courts here in downtown.
    anyone wants to play tom aug3 or aug4?
    contact me at 050-908-4088

5. jauxler29

jauxler29 New Member

Interested to play badminton...

i been playing badminton when i was in singapore.... Is there any place(indoor courts) to play??:)

Is there some people interested to play badminton here in Abu Dhabi?

please contact me- im interested to play @ 050-2783803..

6. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    This tread has been left stranded for 2 years before you post up a reply here. I have been looking and with nothing gained, I proceed to start up my own thread here.

Whereabout are you based?

7. MdFauzan

MdFauzan Regular Member

Architect
    Interested to play badminton...

Just came here last week..Not sure if this thread is still active. I've been playing badminton back home in Malaysia. Any active group here that i can join..?
    i can be contacted @ 056 9784208.

8. jauxler29

jauxler29 New Member

Re: Interested to play badminton,....

There is is still active players in badminton at Dubai... you can contact evelyn @ 050 2571249 for other details...We are only playin every friday 12pm to 5pm...@ beside al safa secondary school or back of Gulf News Building..

See you there!!!

9. chinna

chinna New Member

badminton court in abu dhabi

League Notes
    Welcome to Libra Badminton Season! This League will host teams in an 8 week season starting from Jan’2011 in Abu Dhabi downtown. If you’re interested in the league Hurry up! This Season ends in Mar -11
    About us
    A group of badminton enthusiasts who are ANONYMOUS to each other but individually share a common passion for BADMINTON; we organize this league for the love of the game and its non commercial venture.
    Session Date: 16’Jan’11 to Mid- Mar’11 -all weekdays
    Session Time: 7 - 9:00 PM
    Duration: Max 2 hours per day
    Facilities: Indoor Acrylic court
    We are looking for people having fun and enjoy while playing the game. This league requires high level of fitness and commitments since its daily 2 hrs, so we expect at least intermediate level players.
    · Individual & Teams (We would help Individual if they don’t have a team and would like to be placed on one )
    · Ladies are welcome if they join as a team
    · We allow corporate teams as well
    Join us: contact Bi joy 050 4592375. (After 6 PM)
    Fees:
    · Fees can be discussed in person after viewing the facilities, as we said early it’s a non commercial venture
    · Fees includes for playing 2 hrs daily on fixed time in the weekdays for 8 weeks
    · No flexibility in fees structure except if you join after mid league
    • A extra nominal charge will be collected for the birdie and utility expense
    • No fee concession for teams, fees is as applicable as Individual
    • Total payment in cash on first night of play
    General Rules
    • Non marking sneakers only
    • Fighting/Serious Offence: 2 match ban for the players indicated by the League Captains, a repeat and the players will be disqualified
    • No Smoking: anywhere in the premises, teams will be disqualified if they don't respect this rule
    • Clear your garbage when you leave the field
    • Follow other basic rules of badminton
    Let’s enjoy some Badminton in Abu Dhabi