Team Seeded in Elite Group Sudirman Cup 2011

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2011' started by etudiant, Mar 9, 2011.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hmm, I am not too sure about playing Fuchs twice, maybe play K/S for MD and F/M for mixed, probably the best way forward.:)

Will this be another team without Pang, Palayama and Judith ? Were missing cause someone decided it wasnt worth it :( given the choice our governing body, would rather play International Challenge competitions rather than SS, even if they are ranked high enough.:)

2. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

lol while im from taiwan and i love taiwan, i too believe taiwan probably shouldn't be ranked this high. however, i think its a bit harsh to say that they will lose their MD matches for SURE. fang/lee are on a bit of a downward slope, but theyre still as competent as ever, and chien/cheng are #1 in the world for wd (although i freaking hate their serving issues...makes no sense). also, i think our ms and ws players are good, but yes they are inconsistent. that being said, i think the results will be even more unpredictable in a group with thailand and india whom both have similar unpredictable qualities in at least one or more of their disciplines as well. id like to think that our doubles (both MD and WD) are superior to thailand's and india's teams, and our xd are evenly matched...so please don't say they will lose for "sure." i don't think anyone would have predicted that china lose to korea in the uber cup but they did.

#62 alohio12, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

For sure it's going to be a tough group. Each team has their strengths and weaknesses. Right now it's hard to say which two will emerge.

Thinking about it, CSC is such a gritty payer and will definitely be a trouble for Salakjit/Saina. I think THA and IND have an edge in MS over TPE. In MD, I think Fang/Lee will be beaten. They have really gone off the boil. In WD, boy oh boy, which Cheng/Chien will show up? TPE will be counting on them for a certain point. Somehow I don't trust them. THA has the advantage in XD.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I wouldn't rule out TPE too. On a good day, their players may just prevail! ;)

5. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

seems like although there were a few close matches... japan prevailed 4-1... so looks like they are through from this group :)