Team Malaysia in Japan Open..

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by nwy5633, Sep 13, 2007.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    My interpretation of the results:-

Many of those who did well in WC (including 1 World Champ) went down so early in JO. That could be a question of not being able to reach peak again after WC. Not so easy to maintain your form unless you are really far ahead. Case in point, CHN MS, the two semifinalists BCL and CY got knocked out, leaving LD (who is far ahead of the rest) and CJ (who got knocked out early in WC).

As for the most competitive section (MD), it is possible that the 2nd tier pairs (who usually don't even reach q-finals) are now able to harness the right tactics for 21-pt game, eg. JAP 2 pairs, 1 SIN pair. The older pairs (1 DEN, 1 INA/US) show that they still have it to hack at the top level. This makes it very interesting for future tournaments, CHN, MAS and KOR top pairs (who dominated all previous Super Series) all got beaten and cannot take any opponent for granted now.

Slow shuttle or not ......:D

#41 abedeng, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I agree. :) It's just that playing it easy is different from being a slow starter.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What would you say if you were YKH? Let's hear it from you so he can learn.

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

In the NSS21 system, if ones underestimate the opponent or 'play easy', he/she will get killed in the game. A good example is LCW vs Sony in WC07. LCW admitted that he was a bit underestimated Sony and when Sony played tremendously well, LCW was caught off guard. By the time he realised his faults, pooooofffff, the game is over. :cool:

If u observe LD's game, he is always taking it slow in the first set, and eventually speed up the attacking game (if needed) in the rubber. Roslin had no answer at all... Remember how he thrashed Anup in the 2nd game? Same pattern...

Anyway, lets enjoy the LD vs Gade in QF today... both are great players, and hope the best man wins :)

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

As far as YKH is concerned, I can understand his statements. Like the old saying,"There's a better tomorrow."

I think he has done his best to bring out the best of his players, and it all depends on the individual to perform on court. In this case, Msia players lack the winning mentality, and at times, succumb to pressure.

I dun think he could drop any of the seniors coz the juniors are far from the top levels yet. Dats why Mr.Yoyo is still in the elite team instead of chopping board.

6. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Personally I think its normal , winning and losing is part of a game. MS HH had to meet LCW, YKB vs TH and RH vs LD, we can expect the outcome here right.

XD and WD they are really not consistent, they can lose to anyone in any given day. WS results are as expected also.

In MD events its a bit tricky, I think that most coutry are really improving and they also have studied and train hard to beat the top pairs.

Last time during WC07 only CTF/LWW left to carry the MAS flag, now only LCW left so lets not bash the players, just be greatfull. :D

YKH should focus more on his job rather than talk too much :mad:.

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

In the WC match that LCW lost Sony, I thought Sony won because he found out LCW's weakness. He played a lot to his forehand - I think he also mixed the shots a lot, pushing a lethargic LCW around so much that LCW could not pick up his own game. But you are right that you cannot relax too much in a 21-pt game - it could be too late to recover (and too taxing on the mind).

8. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Oh... thanks for the insider info :p My source is only from The Star, so u could be right :)

FYI, I was the same batch with Roslin(Kelantan) and I knew his game very well (during his junior yrs). He is definitely a slow starter and marathon runner kinda player. So he has huge disadvantages in the NSS21.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thank you for your on-court perspective.It's important for armchair critics to know the truth:They went down fighting, sometimes they nick it,just that this time they don't, in matches that could go either way.
    The thing to note is this:MAS MDs have been working their hardest but that does not mean they are owed titles.Blaming and shaming will not help them win.
    The saddest was when Rexy accused them of being mercenary,in what must be his moment of greatest despair.That was the unkindest cut and I thought Rexy owe his charges an apology because other MAS big wigs echoed that sentiment. That's both harmful and hurtful esp. when it's not true.(I still think Rexy should apologise privately to his team for that remark so they can move on because that's a reflexive accusation.)
    Rexy's a great coach ,his charges are talented players and it's important they remember they are still a great team that has it to make it big.
    When things go awry,be unemotional and objective. Identify the mistakes so as not to repeat them. Analyse winning and losing patterns.Remember the competition is growing, not just in intensity but also in numbers.
    Better make all the mistakes now so there's minimal in OG08.

10. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

Let say "our target is 5 golds in 2096 olympic, so we still have planty of time to do what ever we want, and my job will be safe until I retire !"

#50 bcmmgr, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Believe me ,LD does not take it slow with top players.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There is so many factors to contribute to a player's loss. What we really need to learn is how to be consistent. For example China.. i have to admit that their players are very consistent.

13. Titan

Titan Regular Member

If we're frustrated, then rexy must be double, triple frustrated. Must he be mad again to these pairs like he did before only then they will get better?

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I was shocked to see Chinese MD are quite inconsistent lately compare with their MS players :cool:

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Not so now even with CHN on an individual basis. Look at CHN MS. LD may be exceptionally consistent but for how long? MD, XD, WS even WD, for how long?

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well they are long enuff to see themselves on the podium most of the time. That is what we want for our Msian players. I want to see our flag raised and be carried around the court after win.

17. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    look like all the malaysian & bam should learn a lesson from this JO..
    we can't give too much pressure to our players!
    it is not their job to carry the pressure & win becoz we want it..
    they onli need to do their best & dun worry about being blame or watever..
    you can see the difference as rexy wan their players do GREAT,they Fail..
    but there are surprise from chong wei when everyone didn't expect him to it..
    now we knw tat there is a point when chong wei say tat YKH giv him too much pressure..
    his statement might be right & tat had solved his problem, atleast now..

18. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

i think its their training session. i am not blaming it on anyone, but they need a rest or at least a holiday.
    well the pressure also might be a factor too. try to look back and think!!