Team India - Players lists

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2015' started by blabl, Apr 28, 2015.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hey devendra saw you here after a long time!
    Hwz u?
    Well guyz I don't think all those things should be discussed here.
    Yes JG is a talent at the net, there is no denial of this fact. I have also heard lots of commentators pointing out the same. But where from this comparison came from. LN and ZYL are the bars of talent set as records. And then you both jumped on the injury. Its been 3 long years. Even WX must've forgotten that.
    Of course JG can play XD but she needs to sync up with Ad/Pjc..
    Against MAL they have some chances. Of course we aren't expecting anything from her against Kor.

2. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Exactly. I have always treated Saina's medal with utmost respect. You can look at my record, and I am the one who looks more for results. I think fitness is an athlete's reponsibility. Obviously, not everything can be determined by the athlete regarding their fitness, but then nothing can be done about that.

So I have never blamed Saina.

As for Jwala, the definition of talent may vary for different people. Some people are more lose in praising people and so on, but I don't think anyone will call Jwala, "one of the best." By terming that, you compare Jwala with Liliyana and Zhao Yunlei, and she is no where close to them.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Jwala is very good. Is she as good as the best in the world? Nope. But then again, 99.999% of players are in the same position when compared against the very best.

Is Jwala the best Indian player and hold her own against top players? Actually, she can do so against top twenty ranking players. This is quite a respectable standard. Good enough for a team competition.

4. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Who is giving this fitness excuse ? I personally think she is punching above her weight and should be ousted from the team because of her having a fitness of not even club standard . Fitness or injury in almost all cases is because of lack of focus technique or pushing beyond limit and the playing style too physical . Injuries are not chance but a sudden outcome of things going wrong in the background .

If we go back to nadals supremacy against federer we indeed were awed by his talent and unmatched physical game which outclassed federer who relied less on physicality than nadal . But because of that playing style who is having the last laugh ? It is indeed federer because his style was less injury prone and he is still going strong and nadal remains a second fiddle which seemed like going otherwise in initial days . so in this case you can't say nadal unlucky or federer lucky. Same goes in every sport .

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Oldhand is correct.

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    IMO The fact that SN made her opponent push herself over the limit at London 2012 and broke her down forever, elevates her medal rather than diminishing it..... When you beat your opponent 21-x, 21-x; (s)he learns and comes back..... When you push him/her OTL, you ensure you face one quality opponent less going forward.... Less headache for future == Kudos....

I would much rather have her and PVS break the likes of LXR/WYH/CM/TZY forever than sneaking wins here and there....

7. H4rvi

H4rvi Regular Member

Team india

Attached Files:

8. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Where is H.S.Prannoy?:(

9. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    I am not extensively following but where is sindhu , pullela , madhumita , vimal , ponappa and may be jwala ?

10. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    I have seen sindhu and sikki reddy in another opening ceremony pictures.

https://twitter.com/badindiaupdates