Team INA Withdraws from HKG SS

Discussion in 'China Open (2) / Hong Kong Open / Vietnam Open 200' started by badMania, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Bona will funded by himself,
    How is Ahsan ? funded by Djarum ?
    I think Rijal will funded by Djarum too, if Vita will play

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

big appreciation to Pia & Firda especially
    The others players can hope the prize money to cut the cost, INA WS still hard to find it.

Hopefully some big company give attention to the badminton club like Tangkas & Jaya Raya to fund player sending to international event.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think we will see the bulk of INA top players, except for:
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, since Kido is funding both Pia and Bona.

So far, the participants from Pelatnas will include:
    MS -- Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Taufik Hidayat (Shanghai and HKG will be a nice year-end holiday destinations for him and his family :D)
    WS -- Maria Kristin Yulianti, Adriyanti Firdasari, and Pia Bernadet Zebadiah
    MD -- Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya (their last participation in SS event??), Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan
    WD -- Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir (if both decide to play WD of course, but, I think they will prefer to concentrate on XD).
    XD -- Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir and Mohd Rijal/Vita Marissa.

I guess we are left with only Simon Santoso, Rani Mundiasti/Jo Novita, and Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii who have yet to decide whether they will fund their own trips to HKG.

#23 badMania, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  4. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Hmmm...good to hear that. I hope they will get more spirit since funding by themselves. MK/HS must take a rest after Europe journey. Simon Santoso? I think he must funding himself as well since he must get some points after withdrawn in Europe tournaments. How about Djarum players who are eligible to participate in HKG such as Andre, Shendy/Meiliana, Rendra/Alvent?

Anyway, I chatted with Luluk Hadiyanto through facebook, I really sympathy with him. He is the humble person, I think...

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Updates from the latest M/Q list after the INA players have formally withdrawn (this time no penalty imposed):
    MS -- Taufik Hidayat only
    WS -- Maria Kristin Yulianti, Adriyanti Firdasari, and Pia Bernadet Zebadiah
    MD -- Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan :)confused:), Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya, Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki, Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan
    WD -- Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir
    XD -- Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir and Mohd Rijal/Vita Marissa.

So, Sony and Simon have decided not to come, while most of the WD and XD pairs have expectedly withdrawn. The only surprise is to see Kido/Hendra still in the list :cool: I thought they are not going to HKG and will be concentrating on the Kejurnas next week and the Super Series FINAL in December?

6. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Does that mean they can keep 100% of the winning prize $$$?;)

maybe in this way the INA players will play extra hard, at least to even up the trip cost. Expect to see good results from INA in those tournament:)

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Why the surprise???...

..don't you know they're coming to meet choooo (the world famous or is it BC-famous Markis Kido & Hendra Setiawan die-hard supporter)....:);)

8. matthewteng

matthewteng Regular Member

Financial Analyst
    The withdrawal of Indonesian players will make the HK Super Series much less exciting. This is truly unfortunate. Hopefully, we will stillhave teams that can provide a challenge to the Chinese (perhaps Malaysia, Denmark).

Indonesia needs to get its economy on track, otherwise it will see more such debacles. It shows how the economic crisis is affecting sport!

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...actually...it is not accepteble for me...can send team to euro...but cannot send team to asia???...how on earth is this happening???can anyone tell me???

10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Simple...spend $$$ to get visa apps, ticket and accommodation to European tour first...then when it's time to do the same for HK SS...oops, finally realize there's no more $$$ in the coffer. :eek:

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Also some Djarum players will take part HKG SS,

MS -- Andre K.Tedjono, Ari Yuli Wahyu Hartanto, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka
    WS -- Maria Febe Kusumastuti, Rosaria Yusfin Pungksari

12. chemile

chemile Regular Member

PBSI (Indonesian Badminton Association) will be held National Forum/Meeting to choose new Chairman, between Icuk Sugiarto, former World Champion 1982 and Djoko. All players at Pelatnas returned to their clubs, and will be called after the Chairman voted, and the fund for Pelatnas cannot withdrawn without Chairman signature I think..... :(

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...thanks...its seem like there are more than 1 reason why they unable to participate...:(

14. otaclub

otaclub Regular Member

College Student
    i think simon should join cause he skip too much in latter half of this year..and his ranking are dropping..

15. otaclub

otaclub Regular Member

College Student
    actually, the only reason is money..;)

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hehehe, true, the mighties must go HK meet their die hard fan, who has detailed info on ALL their matches. :p:D

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...yes...i agree this...if they didnt come...sure their die hard fan will :crying: n :mad:...:p