Team and Individual Draws

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by robin7, Oct 16, 2010.

1. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    can anybody provide the direct link to TS ?:confused: I didn't find it:mad:

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..oh no, not another pre-tourney injury?!?!..what does that mean??..:confused:

3. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

it means that the injury will hampered LCW's quest to win his 1st AG title. but he has few weeks to rest & recover b4 the match commences. so it should not be a big problem for dato.

4. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

Kwong Beng hoping to get the nod for team event

KUALA LUMPUR: Youngster Chan Kwong Beng is bent on winning the confidence of the coaches and selectors to play in the Asian Games men’s team event.
    Kwong Beng and Liew Daren will be making their Asiad debut in Guangzhou and one of them will get to play in the third singles match of a team tie. The top two ranked players in the team are world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and Mohd Hafiz Hashim.
    Both Kwong Beng and Daren have been given an early chance to prove themselves in the Denmark Open, which will be held in Odense from Oct 26-31, and the better performer should get the nod.
    Kwong Beng wants to make amends for his performance when he was given the chance to play in a team event.
    “I played the third singles match at the Laos SEA Games last year and was beaten by Derek Wong of Singapore. Malaysia lost the tie and it was demoralising for me in my first apperance at the Games,” he said.
    “This time, I hope to go all out. The Asian Games will also be a great platform for me to achieve a breakthrough in my career.
    “Besides, we have a good draw for the team event. There is a good chance for us to make the final. If I get to play, I do not want to let the team down.”
    Malaysia are second seeds in the Asiad team competition and have Thailand in their quarter of the draw. In the same half are Japan and fourth seed South Korea.
    The other half has top seeds and defending champion China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and India.
    On the Denmark Open, Kwong Beng said: “It will be only my second Super Series tournament outside Malaysia after the Japan Open three years ago.
    “I hope to clear the qualifying tournament. If I make it, I will take on Taufik (Hidayat of Indonesia) in the first round. It will not be easy but I will give a good fight.”

This article is from The Star's newspaper dated 20/10/10 in which chan kwong beng (sparring partner of LCW) hopes to be given the nod to play in 3rd singles of team event. In my opinion, it is very risky to field him because his recent performance is not consistent and not many breakthrough so far. Moreover, a lot of youngsters are catching up and it will be very difficult for him to win the tie if the match goes down to the wire. Frankly speaking, i also have no confident in liew daren. But if i have to choose, i will pick liew daren instead of CKB.

Anyway, good luck to MAS team

5. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

it is a roller-coaster ride for mak/tan in year 2010. i hope they will create some upsets in AG to boost their confidence and at the same time justify their selection for AG.

6. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Febe and Firda should be able to reach SF if they are on their A game

That goes as well for Kido/Hendra and Ahsan/Hendra AG could make the upset too...

No chance for Shendy/Nitya but Mel/Greys should face their nemesis 1st Kim MJ/Lee HJ before reach SF

Couldn't ask for better draw for Tantowi/Lily, they have to make the best out of it.......

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

agree..firda has a good draaw actually..
    on her way to SF..she will meet Salakjit,WMC,Eriko.
    WMC and Eriko has beaten by Firda in 2 set in their last meeting.

Febe will meet Yippy in second round as their h2h is 1-1 if im not mistaken..
    and meet Saina in QF..if win,meet WSX in SF..
    Febe beat WSX in Swiss Open this year if im not mistaken

For Grey/Mel they will meet Lee/Kim h2h is 3-0 for Lee/Kim.

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Ko/Yoo ain't youngsters, I thought they're 24 already?

9. event

event Regular Member

Right. Yoo is 24. Ko is 23.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Febe maybe, but Firda? Firda?

Her inconsistency and inability to execute simple strategy is painful to watch. Don't get me wrong, I am a hiuge Firda fan but a long suffering and frustrated one. Unfortunately, I can't see things changing.:(

11. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

I thought you're "die hard" fan for Hwang Hye youn....Don't cheat to her....:D

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Sounds pessimistic for INA squad to win badminton gold in upcoming Asiad...

Asiad Draw Throws Off Indonesia’s Bid for Gold Badminton
    Ami Afriatni | October 23, 2010

Jakarta. The luck of the draw eluded Indonesian shuttlers earlier this week, as badminton officials confirmed a tough bracket for next month’s Asian Games.

National team head coach Christian Hadinata said the draw, which was announced on Monday, could set up the men’s shuttlers for a semifinal clash with China in the team event.

Having secured a bye in the first round of the Guangzhou Games, Indonesia will take on either Chinese-Taipei or India in the second round. If Indonesia wins, host China looms as its last four opponent.

The team event features five matches — three singles and two doubles — with the first team to win three advancing.

“The realistic target for us is bronze,” Christian said. “I like our chances of reaching the semifinals, but I don’t know about getting past China. They’re still the best in the world.”
    ----------------------------------------
    *Full article : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badm...-off-indonesias-bid-for-gold-badminton/402854

13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Thank you! I've confirmed a nod by the boss for a week leave that week.. yess!

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

If I have to give Power Seedings...
    1) China (Need I say more? Total All-rounder. If we pit their full team against any other team, I can only see them losing a point from MD#2, but not reached as the first three will win it.)
    2) Indonesia (TH would be better than PSH, Kido/Setiawan are one of the top4. Simon and Sony for backup. Not bad indeed. They must count on Kido/Setiawan, Simon and Sony to grab 3 points. TH can spring a surprise against LCW or LD but very, very, very unlikely. TH should win against South Korea)
    3) South Korea (Not really outstanding team besides JJS/LYD and perhaps KSH/YYS, but LHI should be able to take care of Malaysia's 3rd MS easily. KSH/YYS is the best 2nd MD around in the team event (TC they beat GZD/XC). JJS/LYD, KSH/YYS and LHI for 3 points.)
    4) Malaysia (LCW + KKK/TBH, other three points no one can predict from who it will come from)

#54 undeadshot, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  15. mambai

mambai Regular Member

anyone knows the detailed schedule for all matches?..

16. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Judging on how well salakjit play in her recent 2 SS , Firda will had to play 110% to beat her.

The same cannot be said to Markis/Kido who had not so good result (specially in France SS ) They need to regroup , otherwise they may not win a medal .

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yup.. the full schedule out already?

18. miksss

miksss Regular Member

#58 miksss, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..which part is confusing? both should be the same (both taken from the AG official website)..in fact, the wikipedia version uses the link from rubaisport but it's just missing the dates of the R32 of the individual events..
    Otherwise, just use the link below to see the official schedule :cool::
    http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG_ENG/ZZ/ZZS158A_BD@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG_date=2010-11-20.html

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    let the games begin.... ;)