Taufik's thoughts after his match against LD

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2009' started by Destricto_Ense, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student

What do you think?

2. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Very good written. :)

I like he still writing in his own blog, it keeps him in touch with his fans. :)

3. Skewlz

Skewlz Regular Member

student
    ^ after hearing that i feel kind of proud of him. he's my favorite player and it is actually good news to hear his thoughts and that he ISNT going to give up. but i'll continue to support him =). i have a feeling he'll start winning titles again, its just a matter of time.

4. Joe P

Joe P Regular Member

Software Developer / Electronics Engineering
    Yes, he is becoming more consistent and that is indeed encouraging. After all who doesn't like watching matches between Taufik, Lin Dan, Chong Wei, and Peter Gade, when these players are at their best. Having said that, Lin Dan just has this x-factor about him that enables him to just up another gear (or two) even when playing against these other 'top' players.

Congratulations to Lin Dan - hope Taufik can still improve.

Joe P.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i find his comments somewhat back tracking and reconciliatory. Remember, this guy had said publicly to the media few years ago that LD is arrogant, and bcl is just a boy.

Also to say to win in badminton is like crapshoot, u win some and u lose some. Well, we all know TH had lost to LD more times than not. He had finally come around to now respecting LD because he got beaten by LD so many times and they weren't because of his bad luck.

#5 cooler, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  6. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

He is more mature now. He knows his prime is over and can accept defeat.

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

It's a nice post, he really does deserve to have a Super Series title by now... Come close so many times. I'm sure his time will come around eventually :p. And Lin Dan can't play at his peak forever! Although for now I'm enjoying matches like the China National Games MSF. The second set was almost perfect... Slightly overdramatic celebration though. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the next tournament just like Taufik.

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I think Taufik is an up and coming rising star now. He's more consistant ever than before.

If you have a good memory, Taufic used to lose to anyone in early rounds during the so called his "peak time". The only thing can be bragged about was winning the Olympic and world champion, but the small scaled OC was an easy one because no tough opponents on the road, and the world champion was a lucky one because LD was out of form that time.

Now Taufik is playing good badminton, not only ranked higher than before, but also more elegant and graceful on and off the court.

I was really tired of him before, but now, I like him more and more, I'm looking forward to seeing his first ss title soon, good luck to him. Nothing is impossible, like he said, sometimes he wins, sometime he losses, instead of his tasteless old motto, he can always win as long as he wants to.

9. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, it really is a strange anomaly for someone who has had such a successful career to have not won any Super Series, let alone an All England. I haven't given up hope for him yet, but seeing Lin Dan in such imperious form is disheartening for fans of ... well, anyone else :eek:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For realz...

- It shows that he realizes he is now below LinDan's level. He is at best, a GP or GP Gold level player.
    - He could only win a title basically without meeting any of the top CHN players playing. Even then, it's not a guarantee. Or if they're in attendance, they would have to really play below their level to allow Taufik a chance to win.
    - Anyone knows when was the last time Taufik won over CHN's top 3 MS players??..
    - He wants to go back to practice straight away to prepare for his next tournament?...:p
    ..i think someone else, perhaps his wife(?) wrote that. I doubt Taufik wrote all of that in English.:p

#10 ctjcad, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  11. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Agree. Love his current consistency and attitude.
    Last night I think we was surprised by LD fast and aggressive play at first set, and somehow we want to show some dignity by smashing here and there at 2nd set, but still his old motto is now belong to LD :D

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Very mature and diplomatic words from Taufik. Very classy.:cool:

Was the English too good. Many people write better than they speak a non-native language. However, Taufik may have someone in his entourage who took his dictated thoughts and dressed them up. By the time that was posted, he might have been drinking his second cappucino on the Left Bank.

Hmmmm, might be a nice job...ghost writer for a professional badminton star. :rolleyes:Time to freshen up the old resume.

13. naistav

naistav Regular Member

On any given sunday, you're gonna win or you're gonna lose.
    But you're gonna do it as a man.
    I think he quoted it from Al Pacino movie :p:p
    Maybe that's why he keep smashing Lin Dan at second set --although still lost--, to regain his dignity, to do it as a man hehehe

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

His wifey..

..used to study in one of the U.S. universities/colleges (Washington state area) before she met Taufik. I believe she's much more fluent than Taufik in English (speaking or writing). She probably helped in setting up and organizing Taufik's own homepage.

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah he's been far more consistent lately. I think he's just had a far more positive attitude towards the sport and it really shows.

ctjcad, I'm not sure why you keep saying that. I'd really like to know what qualifies as a Super Series level player to you. Taufik has made finals and semifinals of Super Series tournaments quite consistently lately. Would you consider Peter Gade a Super Series level player?? I sure hope so :rolleyes:!

16. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Yep, I also would like to hear what chris's definition of a Super Series player. :confused:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My definition..

Super Series player(s): LD & LCW. Consistently showing up for the Finals Rd. if not winning it all.
    TH, PG, SDK, SS, CJ & BCL are a level below those 2.
    Taufik making the Finals of SS tourneys quite consistently??..:confused:
    Peter Gade, yes, he has secured a few SS titles in his back pocket..:cool:

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Before Olympic 2004, Taufik had not won many titles, almost none except in Indonesia and Singapore. He had advanced to all-england final but failed to go further. After he won the Olympic that year, I figured and posted here my reason for his winning and losing.

Why he won the Olympic? I said, because actually Olympic was a small scaled tournament made up 32 entries, requiring 5 matches to win the gold, while at that time, 5 star tournaments needed 6 matches to win because of 64 participants. The record that time also showed that many titles by Taufik was got by winning 5 matches in a row.

That was the reason I concluded that time Taufic was a small scaled tourney's expert. He could win 5 matches in a row, but easily failed to win 6 in a row.

that time, I also predicted the super series were good for Taufic because those are 5 matches tournaments.

in fact, my prediction was wrong, Taufik now has not won any ss title yet, but he won some gp which need 6 rounds of fighting.

therefore I came up with my new theory, Taufik has improved his stability and consistency. Taufik used to yoyo a lot, when he yoyoed high, he can win a 5 matches in a row, when he yoyoed low, he can be easily beaten by unkowns in the first round, but based on his yoyo potential energy, that's not enough to push him up to 6 round matches.

now he's more stable and consistent, so he can win over most players constantly, since LD always skip GP tournaments, so he can sure win those titles.

Of course this is offical ctjcad's definition for "super series players" and "GP players", but my observation of Taufik's role in super series and GP events.

19. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    BTW, it says on the site that his stuff is always translated by the sitemaster....

20. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Dang dude....that's pretty stringent requirement there!! :eek:

Might as well name the requirement = current 1-2 MS in the world.