taufik picking up his form as olympic qualification starts

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by malbar, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I know but some of the things people are saying aren't too outrageous. I mean Federer's a great and very dominant tennis player but he certainly isn't a god or anything ;) (but you can't really compare them anyway as they're both completely different sports). And I'm sure Lin Dan isn't "afraid" of Taufik or anything but I'm sure he takes him seriously. I mean even if you're not a huge fan of TH you've got to give him some credit :). He's certainly not just your average player.

#101 phaarix, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, regarding of his on court skill, his off court antics automatically qualifies TH as not your average player.:D I've already said it before, i'm not anti TH, i just want to 'cool' down some of the taufik fans:p If only i can bottles TH fan's enthusiasm, I will be a famous doctor because i've found a better medicine than Lithium:cool: It would wipe out autism and depression. :)

#102 cooler, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  3. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Lol ok ok then :rolleyes:. I can tell I'm not going to change your mind about anything (but you're still yet to convince me you're not at least a little bit anti-TH :p).

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree. why the need to put one player way above another? even federer cannot win consistently on clay against nadal and nadal is not like federer who consistently wins a lot of tournaments. but i still think nadal rocks. and federer rocks too. i like both TH and LD though when they fight each other i tend to be on TH's side. i suspect it has something to do with my heart who likes TH's face. :D plus his backhand and style of play is very entertaining. but i will never say one is greater than the other. if TH's die hard fans want to think of him as the greatest that ever lived, then it is their prerogative. they just cant expect other people to validate what they think is the truth. lets then, agree to disagree. :D ;)

5. Cramps

Cramps Regular Member

okay, you're all wrong. IM THE BEST.

6. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i used to be part of this debate, but eventually, i got tired... just let LD and TH face each other and ask in front of them: "A lot of people are arguing about who's the better player between you two, can you please give me an honest answer?" dang, i can't imagine the looks in their faces...

7. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    totally. i would really like to know what they would say. oh, surely they will say no comment and all, but really, if they could be honest. i wonder what they would say. :D

8. amaze

amaze Regular Member

I think.... deep in their hearts, each respects the other in terms of skill AND mental strength. We, the fans, are the ones who benefit the most from this pitting of skills, don't you all agree ? So... pl don't debate anymore..... cool it man:cool:

9. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i'm sorry you took my comment the wrong way. i did not meant to incite. i was just thinking. yes i agree, we the fans are benefiting from their skills. please read my previous comments, i said i would never say either one of them are better than the other. :p only we know what is in our heart and i believe only taufik and lin dan knows what they feel towards each other. i never expect to get an answer to my question. :rolleyes:

10. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    err... what kind of an excuse?
    TH targetted for 7th title in Ina open, a new record.

11. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    can't u count how many titles that TH never won compare to LD?

Asean Games?
    ASEAN means Association of South East Asian Nations.
    for sure LD can't compete in Asean Games, coz CHN is not a part of ASEAN.

12. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    let say now is 2108, not 2008.
    can u remembered exactly who is the MS champion of OG 04?
    at that time, there are 30 OG winners.

ppl will only remembered the player that held an incredible world's record such as:

World #1 position for 3,5 yrs
    30 consecutive wins
    5 titles in a row

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.