taufik picking up his form as olympic qualification starts

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by malbar, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Maybe we need a TH and LD subforum...

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Not a good excuse. I have similar distractions, but I do just fine.

3. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

I know that This people don't like TH..

4. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Hi,

LD don't have Olimpic Title and Asean Games Title.

TH has Olimpic Title, WC, Asean Games (2 times). Only All England don't have.

That u know, In China: Taufik Still in the list to be carefull for any china players.

I remember u that u always used Lucky... This people very stupid lahhhh...

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ya.....

a lucky guy doesn't win Olimpic Title, WC, Asean Games (2 times) :D

6. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Was joking along with the rest. LCW played well & he deserves the victory.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    olympic and asian games ARE NOT A TRUE COMPETITIVE CONTEST.

In 04 OG, there were several top chinese MS players not entered due to maximum of 3 per country. The main threat to TH was XXZ and he was kept inside china wall by LYB's mistake. What make u think LD can't get the 08 gold now that he's more experienced?

August 06, 2004
    Dropping Xuanze a grave mistake, says Misbun
    "CHINA'S decision to drop world champion Xia Xuanze from the Athens Olympics is a grave mistake and national singles coach Misbun Sidek believes the move could prove costly for them.

Although China are supremely confident that one of their three players — World No 1 Lin Dan, World No 2 Chen Hong and World No 4 Bao Chunlai are capable of retaining the singles gold won by Ji Xinpeng in Sydney four years ago, none of them have the big match temperament Xuanze possesses. Misbun said, despite Xuanze's drop in form after winning the World Championships in Birmingham last year, he performs well in major events and has performed consistently over the last five years. After all, Xuanze won the bronze in Sydney beating then World No 1 Peter Gade Christensen of Denmark and his experience is something his three compatriots lack. Besides the world title, Xuanze has won the 2000 All-England, 2001 World Grand Prix Finals and more than 15 international titles over the last six years. "Lin Dan is in fiery form and is the man to beat in Athens. But favourites have never won the Olympic gold on previous occasions and this is where China are going to miss Xuanze," said Misbun. "Chen Hong and Chunlai are great shuttlers but have succumbed to pressure on many occasions. "On the other hand, Xuanze is most lethal when least expected to do well. The pressure will be on Lin Dan. "Xuanze is the most reliable player in such situations. Without him, the draw is very open and anyone is capable of running away with the gold." Previous favourites in the Olympics, Zhao Jianhua of China in 1992, Joko Suprianto of Indonesia in 1996 and Christensen in 2000 ; fell in the quarter-finals and this could well happen to Lin Dan in Athens. Lin Dan, 21, has won five grand prix titles, including the All-England title, over the last nine months but he will realise in Athens that it needs more than consistency to clinch the Olympic gold."

In asian games, kenneth J and peter gade are shut out. It was a like a private party and not all the guests are invited.

Have u forgot TH's 06 HK walkout and japan open fold out already? Who really afraid of who? Get your fact straight.

Since TH went as far as Semi final in 07 IO, home turf, what make u TH fans think he can do better next time when he would be even less fit and tired from raising a baby?

Count the number of titles LD owns and see who has more than him.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Only people like you calling member here stupid that is full of hatre.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Yes, it happened before, several times.
    Ji Xinpeng of china and alan budi kusuma.

it seem die hard TH fans have short memory span and have to be constantly reminded of basic statistics and facts.
    Regarding Asian game, I know TH get a huge incentive for winning. For china team, it was just a free trip and meals to doha and back...like it was a big deal:rolleyes: NOT. You want confirmation? XXF and zhang ning all lost too to Wang chen and a Yip girl. LD beat TH in the team event anyway.

#89 cooler, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  10. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

The debate is going off topic... maybe the moderator should consider closing this thread.

11. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Whenever Taufik and Lin Dan are involved in a thread you know something like that has a pretty good chance of happening... *sigh*. Some people are just dead set on attacking Taufik...

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Biased

You are just so biased.

A while ago some Hongkong TV program was posted here. It contains an interview of LD some time last year, should be between WC and AG I guess. LD mentioned two events in the future that he will try to do well in. Guess which two?

AG and OG.

Even 07 WC was not mentioned. (Maybe because he had already won WC)

Another side evidence. After losing to LHI in team event, LD mentioned "I have been thinking too much about the singles event" as one main reason for the loss. Seems LD does care about AG MS title, to such an extend that he under-prepared team event final. :eek:

Finally, you kept saying TH had an easy draw in 04 OG. Let compare, say with LD's 06 WC draw. After a few nobodies, he met -- Yoyo King, then an exhausted CH, and finally BCL who has been a piece of cake for LD for quite a few years. Even if we do not take into account of the facts that LD always beats BCL and CH was exhausted, do you think CH in 06> PG in 04? Do you think BCL in 06> WCH in 04? Do you think Yoyo King is tougher than SSM or Boonsak in 04? If not, should we call LD's draw an easy draw too?

I am not saying TH is much better than LD, but could Taufik-haters use more facts and logic when attacking him?

13. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

When in written debate, they can get so personal and passionate, i dare not imagine what will happen if they are put together in the same cage... sighs :cool:

14. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    lol its always the same old story.. Winning lots of tournament vs winning important events theories..
    Lets put it this way.. LD's dream is to be the gold medalist in Olympic, PG's dream is to do the same.. LCW's and many many more wants to be Gold medalist too
    So it means OG is one of the most important event to win, as it goes into history and it is every badminton players greatest achievement to win OG
    Winning the most tournament guy will always be replaced by another greater new comer in the future, ie PG who we all thought was superb for being world #1 for quite some time, are now just a shadow of LD, and do people remember him for being such a legend? Not so much after the emergence of LD
    So lets put an end to what is the most important event, as argument doesn't make any differences, if LD wants the title to so bad, he has to prove that he can win OG08. And if that happens then he is truely the greatest badminton player in this era. And yes > TH i will say.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I agree an OG medal has more symbolic status but TH fans see the OG medal as owning technical supremacy instead. It comes 1st a year so it's more scarce, not an end all benchmark of technical superiority.

I already gave you guys the analogy of a one time lottery winner versus a
    multi year poker winner.

Why TH is the greatest when so so players like Ji Xinpeng and alan budi kusuma are gold medalists too? Peter gade, hendrawan, zhao jianhua are obviously better players than Jixinpeng and alan budi but yet PG, hendrawen, ZJH don't own any OG gold.

#95 cooler, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

As in badminton that u should know that, attacking can only be achieved because the attacker has an advantage position or better vantage point to launch the attack. The defender succumbs to defending because they have many weak area where the attacker obviously see through.

So, in this case, I attack TH fans because i have many good points while TH fans are defending because they have many weak points.

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yep I agree with that first paragraph. But Taufik didn't only win the Olympics did he? He also won the World Champs and the Asian Games twice. That's where he's different from Alan and Ji Xinpeng. He does have some consistency. And Ji Xinpeng wasn't completely useless anyway. Winning the Olympics didn't make him great but he rose to the occasion and outplayed his opposition. But he didn't achieve much else unlike Taufik.

But like I said before, I don't like Taufik for his achievements. I love to watch him play. He's great to watch, and I've noticed Lin Dan also is becoming more enjoyable. He's becoming more dynamic and really using his mind. Why do people have to make out that one totally eclipses the other? They're both great players and they've both proven themselves on numerous occasions :)!

But I don't see why you think it's necessary to attack others on a community message board. And you attack them because you think their views are weak :rolleyes:? No I don't have a huge problem with you. As you for the most part know your bounds. But other people on this board have gone too far in the past. Anyway there are a fair few of your own points that don't really convince me. Especially trying to make out that Taufik's Olympic draw was "weak". I just think maybe you should lay off "Taufik fans" for a bit :cool:.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

funny how TH is compared to federer. Federer plays alot and win alot. TH, well....:rolleyes:

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I'm just trying to help the delirious TH fans from being possesed and only see thing with tunnel vision. Things like TH is like federer, LD is afraid of TH. LOL. Reality is 180 degree of those things

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Since TH went as far as Semi final in 07 IO, home turf, what make u TH fans think he can do better next time when he would be even less fit and tired from raising a baby?
    That depends whether the baby sucks milk from (you know ehere???) or TH has to wake up every 3-4 hours to make prepared baby milk...that is serious business! hehehe!! LOL!!:p :p :p :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.