taufik picking up his form as olympic qualification starts

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by malbar, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i hope bcl find his cellphone:p

2. eskey

eskey Regular Member

I think you're just another LD fan trying to find excuse for his lost in OG04 or rather you're just another TH hater that doesn't want to give credit to TH winning the OG04 by saying he had good draw while LD didn't.

did you know that LD was in the same half as TH in OG04 draw? so if let's say LD went to final at that time, beat SSM and win OG04, would you say same thing? I don't think so. That proves me, you are being unfair to TH and also being rude to SSM by saying 'a handicap Korean'.

Talking about the draw, LD had better draw than TH in OG04. LD was no 1 seed, while TH was unseeded, so most of the time (if not all), the seeded players will have better draw compare to unseeded, because the unseeded player will have seeded players waiting for them. In the draw (top half), LD had Susilo, Bjoern Joppien, then Boonsak while TH had (i forgot who TH faced in 1st Round) then WCH then PG, before they could meet in the semifinal. So which one you say better? I would say LD's one was better/easier, but what was the result? LD crumbled under pressure and fell to Susilo, so if that was the case, 'blame' LD failure to win OG04 because of TH had good draw?
    hahaha really good joke.

or maybe because of TH didn't have to face chinese player? then blame them why they didn't win their matches so that they could meet TH, especially LD because he could meet TH in the semi otherwise.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i never said LD should of or could of or would of winning the 04 OG. All chinese are weak mentally. It took zhang ning more than 10 years to blossom. What i meant was PG was the only real match TH had to deal with in 04 OG. All other 3 chineses choked. HOWEVER, the OG is easier for no chinese countries like INA since china can't send ALL their arsenals to the games like XZX, and other 2nd stringers like chen yu.

I wasnt rude to SSM. It suppose to be a compliment since he achieve the final with just 1 eye. Face the fact, SSM is handicapped. I only talk facts.

4. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Sigh...prejudiced is all I can say about some of the badminton fans. I think to some no matter how many more titles LD wins or perhaps even the Olympics 08, they will still ridicule him & say he has no skills, no footwork, etc.
    For once can some of us who are prejudiced imagine the current badminton scene without LD or TH. Would it have been that enjoyable? That the tickets for the 1st round of MO 07 being sold out is an indication of how these 2 players have managed to make badminton more interesting on the whole.
    Less succcessful players who get an opportunity to beat either TH or LD are overjoyed even tho' they don't proceed to win the title. Actions such as mentioned are confirmation of how good these 2 players are in their own respective ways & that they command crowd attention. I say this in good spirit.

5. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

very funny... TH will never be forgotten not only because of his OG win.. he will be remembered as the most temperamental of his time and as "bad boy" lol

6. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

JUST WAIT FOR THE 2008 OG... your questions will all be answered there... PERIOD! (....)

7. eskey

eskey Regular Member

Easier is relative word so I don't want to argue about that, but my point is winning OG04 was not easy nor small achievement, so you got to give the credit to TH for that. But I don't see you did that by looking at the way you put your words below
    (the emoticon is sarcastic)

By trying to find excuse why TH didn't deserve winning OG04 will make you no different with some of TH die-hard fans whom you criticized trying to find excuse when TH lost.

8. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Yeah..that's so very trueee. People have a good memory for bad things and a bad memory for good things. That's life.

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah I'll say >_>. Taufik sure slips up on occasion but compare him with the "bad boys" of other sports and he suddenly looks like an angel :p.

I haven't seen any signs of Chinese players being mentally weak cooler. Especially Lin Dan (although BCL might be a bit, after all he is Mr Runner Up). That sounds like an excuse to me. How did Lin Dan become World Champion if Chinese players choke in big events? And wasn't Bao his opponent in the finals? And Chen Hong in the semis? How did Lin Dan make the finals in the Asian Games?

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Joyous: Imagine the current badminton scene without LD or TH. Would it have been that enjoyable? That the tickets for the 1st round of MO 07 being sold out is an indication of how these 2 players have managed to make badminton more interesting on the whole.
    Totally agree with you that LD, TH and you can include PG and LCW too are the main draw cards...I flew to Anaheim to watch WC05 and to see LD and TH live is for that one reason only. That is why I always said, badminton needs LD and TH.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

have u seen LD played in 05 WC? have u seen the score?
    have u seen LD got embarrassed by losing to susilo in first round at 04 OG?

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Lin Dan is a lot better than he was back then :).

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yep, these 2 are from 2 opposite spectrum, one is a rooster and another is a pig. One like to be 'cocky' :D while the other one can be 'boaring' at times.:p

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Sorry, already auction off to some female fan possessed!!!LOL!:D

15. bhtan

bhtan Regular Member

Relax, guys.

LD or TH arn't going to give you anything they won. I like to see them play full three ... until they die .

MS is very competitive, regular semi-finalist all have chance to win OG08.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

And all...

...the debates, arguments, EXCUSES shall continue in the next tourney.....or even til end of next yr's Olympics....:p
    Hmm, perhaps we should make this thread a sticky and see what type of posts will be here next yr(after Olympics)..:p :D ;)

17. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

That's a good one ...ha...ha...ha.. you sure know how to 'play' with words.

{quote bhtan} LD or TH arn't going to give you anything they won. I like to see them play full three ... until they die .

Another good one...so true...I actually believe deep, deep down in their inner thoughts they do have a certain amount of respect for each other's game and can be friends on & off court. It's just that they have to break the ice & it's not easy esp. when they can't communicate. The media is of no help when they constantly bring up irrelevant issues.

18. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

[quote=OneToughBirdie]Sorry, already auction off to some female fan possessed!!!LOL!:D[/quote]

I am falling off my chair reading all these funny comments. Now, we know why BCL lost - too much female distraction.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that's what i had proposed before, badminton skins.
    Only the best get to compete. It cut to the chase and no excuses for wasting stamina playing early rounds. The best plays against the best on the best term. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39263&highlight=skin

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I am falling off my chair reading all these funny comments. Now, we know why BCL lost - too much female distraction.[/quote]
    Sigh! That is a tough life i.e. too much female distraction ar, only the pretty ones, but someone, poor Bao, has to do it...hehehe!LOL!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.