Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Strange individual.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

C'mon R, just google and watch that wc05 match on YouTube. Even if it was an exhibition match, it would be disrespectful for LD to give away the match by that scoreline. ;)

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Can't see any videos at work mate, our browser blocks it. If I could, I don’t think I would have came to the same conclusion!
    I've no problem with being wrong here, that's not the point. It’s just interesting when some people can get so uptight about small things and react as though someone has taken away their dummy. Must be tough.

4. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

lol there are lots more uptight people on this forum. mainly the reason i dont post very often

5. visor

visor Regular Member

It's just part of life. But often times, forum posts and emails are more prone to misunderstanding the tone especially if there's sarcasm and joking, and if smileys are not used.

6. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Oh yes you should reserve your opinion until you watch that game, it's totally different thing :)
    TH's prime time was actually started earlier before LD started to shine, that's why people (especially youngsters) have been judging TH as the underdog one against LD as they based on the later games statistically. IMHO, the current scoring system (21 points) doesn't suit TH playing style as good as LD or LCW, this could be another reason.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I assume like others have mentioned R20190 thinks this match tooks place at the current Indonesian Open. Obviously it was not the case since Lin Dan is AWOL again :D

WC2005 ... forever remembered as ....the badminton WC that made it to Eurosport :p (as well as that years SC). SF match was pretty good as well between LD and Gade, still have it on VHS somewhere :)o)

8. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Ha ha, Nice irony there.

Look if you read your first post then consider I never knew you had no knowledge of the current scoring systems or had not read any of the thread or did not know about any current matches that were happening. You could maybe understand my response? (sounded like Taufik bashing).
    But yeah I never actually thought you had mental illness just a bit of light banter in return for what came across as cheek.

Kiss and make up??

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Did you hear the one about an Englishman, a Scotsman... :D;)

10. visor

visor Regular Member

lol! :)................

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    OK. Peace please. ;)

Mod

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Hidayat ends long career
    Friday 14 June 2013

http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/sport/241293-hidayat-ends-long-career.html

Excerpts:

[​IMG]

...With hundreds of fans cheering “Taufik can” and waving banners that read “Legend”, the 31-year-old played his final professional match at the Indonesia Open, a tournament that he has won six times.

...Hidayat, once notorious as the bad boy of badminton who was sometimes compared to outspoken tennis great John McEnroe of the US, showed a much softer side as he prepared to hang up his racket.

“Henceforth, I will focus on my family,” he said at the post-match press conference, with his young daughter sitting at his side.

...With a distinctive, languid style that made the fast-paced game look effortless, he won Indonesia’s first Olympic gold medal at Athens in 2004, famously weeping when he received it, and was crowned world champion in 2005.

But he also had his fair share of controversies during his career.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  14. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

does anyone know what is "changhong" ? (the sponsors in TH shirt.... )

whilst other Indonesian players are sponsored by Indofood

15. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

It is Changhong Indonesia Electronics Company, they produce electronic consumer goods. The Changhong brand itself is from China.

Here's the anouncement of TH's sponsorship by Changhong :
    http://www.changhong.com/changhong_en/about_en/12221_19099.htm

16. clawhammers

thanks for sharing bro :D

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

He is an independent player isn't he ;)? Why should he have the same sponsor?

18. clawhammers

yup... i forgot that TH is independent.... :)

19. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Taufik will join PBSI ? :)

[h=1](Djarum Indonesia Open) Gita Wirjawan Ternyata Ngefans Sama Taufik Hidayat[/h]
    (Jakarta, 16/6/2013) Siapa yang tak kenal sosok Taufik Hidayat? Salah satu pahlawan bulu tangkis Indonesia yang telah mengharumkan nama bangsa ini begitu lekat di hati para pecinta bulu tangkis tanah air. Salah satunya adalah Ketua Umum PP PBSI Gita Wirjawan yang ternyata ngefans pada Taufik sejak bertahun-tahun lalu.

"Pertama kali bertemu Taufik saat akan menjabat Ketua Umum PP PBSI, dikenalkan oleh mertua Taufik. Tetapi bertahun-tahun sebelumnya saya sudah jadi fansnya Taufik. Saya dan keluarga sering nonton pertandingan Taufik, kami bangga dan terharu sama prestasinya. Taufik kelasnya beda, saya yakin Taufik akan tetap jadi idola" kata Gita.

Gita juga tak menampik adanya kemungkinan untuk mengajak Taufik bergabung ke PBSI guna menunjang prestasi bulu tangkis tanah air. Menteri Perdagangan RI ini juga mengaku sering berdiskusi bersama Taufik soal dunia bulu tangkis.

"Saat Taufik masih menjadi pemain, saya sering berkonsultasi, jadi tidak ada alasan bagi saya untuk tidak melibatkan Taufik di kepengurusan PBSI. Tinggal lihat saja 'komunikasi batinnya', enaknya ditempatkan dimana" ujar Gita sambil tersenyum.

20. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Good bye Taufik,
    One of
    The Best Players, Indonesia Pride Of Nation.

Thanks for the Olympic,
    Asian Games, & World Championships gold medal, Thomas Cup, and all the things you have done to Badminton...

Thanks for all the sweet moments and memories to a true champion of badminton!

Thanks for the amazing backhand smash :D :D :D

[h=5][​IMG][/h]
    What they says about Taufik..
    <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">[video=youtube;vpimRZlAZmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=vpimRZlAZmU[/video]

Good luck for your next journey... please keep close in badminton world :) :)

We will miss you <333