Taufik "best player in the world", says Lin

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by apontoh, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Ever wonder if I would agree to this?

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

:mad::mad: Of course..I had little sleep just to get scores for you guys..of course hormones is up....:mad::crying::crying::D:D

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    OG is more important than WC now since WC is almost yearly...even LYB mention that CHN is preparing to get all Olympics medals..even LD aims that OG especially in Beijing..that Dong Jiong/Michael 8 disputed it...what can I say..he is only 17...:D:D

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

This is a typical "anti-Olympic" argument. I think it really depends on how you define "difficulty".

Let's say we hold a tournament with all the badminton players around the world attending, three rounds everyday, continuously for several months. This is definitely a "competitive" tournament. However, most likely the champion would be someone who is just being the fittest (if we want to find out the fittest guy, there is no need to use badminton). This hypothetical tournament does not put any restriction, but do you think it could be an "important" tournament?

Olympics is hard in the sense that you meet tough opponents from the very first round, and every opponent is at his/her best. LD can beat a normal Susilo easily in opens, but in 04 Olympics he is facing a 100% if not 120% Susilo. Similarly, TH beated JXP comfortably in 2000 Thomas cup, but that's just a normal form JXP. In Olympics TH faced a 120% JXP and lost.

Finally about the AE > AG argument. It's arguable. But obviously AE is far less prestigious now than 30 years ago -- back then there was no world championship and that's why AE was so important. Now AE is just the most important in all the opens, nothing more. Personally I would say AG comparable to AE. So a total of 1 OG, 1 WC, 2 AGs for Taufik, and 2 WCs, 3 AEs for LD. Similar.

Btw, there were many ppl despising Taufik's OG by saying he hadn't met tough opponents (WCH, PG, BP, SSM). Any comment on LD's two WC champion routes? (06: HH, CH -- visibly exhausted, BCL; 07: Sridhar, BCL, SDK)? I really don't think LD's opponents are any harder to beat than TH's OG ones.

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I agree....for some people..Olympic si not important...but why China is so eager to win all medals..all players know if you win Olyumpics medal,..you will eb rich..ask CHinese Diver, I fogort his name..he is so rich after winning OG
    You can ask Gao Ling how important to win OG....that Kid is do denial even his country is tryinmg to train so hard now to win OG..Trust me..if LD wins OG..suddenly they will say OG is more important than AE...what a stupid thinking that OG is not important....

Even Liu Xiang wanted OG medal than regular series he had collected...basicallay they wanted LD is the best..period

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.