Tantowi Ahmad & Lilyana Natsir

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by miksss, Jul 23, 2010.

1. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    they are now ranked #3, not 2. When will the seeding and drawing of WC be held?
    it is unlucky if they must meet the 2 CHN XD enroute to be champion..

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Even by losing at SF, Zhang/Zhao will add a further 1,650 ranking pts and that will make it 86,440; which is still above Owi/Butet's pts (85,802 even if they end up as champions).

The participation of all 3 pairs in the Singapore SS makes it even more difficult for Owi/Butet to be ranked in the top 2 before the WC.

The maximum pts Owi/Butet can get by finishing as champions of both INA SSP and SIN SS will be 88,852 pts. So, they better hope that Zhang/Zhao have early exits in Jakarta and Singapore.

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the seeding/draw of WC will be based on the listings on the last Thurs of April thus the performance between now and then will not make any difference of their seeding.

seeds No 2 & 3 will be in the same halve anyway

4. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    good then..
    which one state this rule?

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The defeat at home (yet again) this week proves that Owi/Butet will still have plenty of things to work out before the WC 2013. The match yesterday was easily their worst match this year as they couldn't even stamp their authority and play their normal game. More video time to analyze the Danes please...

A defeat is good if it can spur the INA pair to greater heights in the next 2 months. Let's see how Owi/Butet can respond to this latest set-back next week in Singapore.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This information is not correct.

According to the BWF datelines, the seeding will be determined based on World Ranking as of 18 July 2013. That is why the Singapore Open still offers points for grabs towards better seeding at the WC.

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

thank you.
    i stand to be corrected

#267 AlanY, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't need to video analyze anyone except Tantowi. ;) When he's bad, he's bad.

9. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

It looks like Natsir still carries Tantowi since he plays like a wild animal, but I think it's good to have a wild side since it can be unpredictable!

10. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Congratulation to World Champion Liliyana/Tantowi!! I'm very glad to see them has grow up as a pair and have excellent performance in WC to beat their nemesis WR1 Xu/Ma & WR2 duo ZZ. that's 4 last winning points was simply amaziiing!! What a turning back!!! Hats off :D Special congratulation for 3x WC to Liliyana with different partner :)
    hoho I'm sure Liliyana seems to be happy have a wild animal then the nerves shy animal :p

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

They will win many more titles to come, there are really no other pairs that have the same amount of talent and flair these two have.

12. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    the good point of this pair now, is the calmness of Tontowi.
    I do feel surprise seeing how calm Tontowi is....
    Even when he is tired and make some mistakes. we know, the schedule is in CHN favor.
    Xu/Ma had more time to get rest prior the final match.

13. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

It was obvious TA has already exhausted during the last minutes of the 3rd game

Nevertheless, on the other hand, I also saw that faces of Xu Chen / Ma Jin were stressfull

The CHN Pairs, seemed to carry heavy burden on their shoulders, i.e., playing before their own supporters, and the losses of WS Finale, are several factors that also support the turning points of the 3rd games. Last but not least, the biggest factor for BWF World Champs during XD Finale was lady luck . :)

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Anybody knows why Owi/Butet skipped the Yonex Open Japan 2013?

15. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    I think their target is not Japan Open. Looking at their ranking, Owi/Butet is not lacking point in ranking. They even has a chance to be #1 XD pair in the world if they can be the champs or runner up at China, Denmark, HK and SS Final. Xu/Ma is the defending champion at China and Denmark, and RU at Hongkong and SSP, so if they lose early, it means opportunity for Owi/Butet. Xu/Ma also the winner of French SS last year, so in order to exchange ranking point they will lose from that tournament, they enter Japan Open.

Richard Mainaky I think said to media the target is: BWF Super Series Final, and of course the major SSP: Denmark and China Open.

#275 bennydut, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The top ranked #1, #3 and #4 (Xu Chen/MaJin, ZYL/ZN and Fischer/Pedersen) are all there in Japan Open in progress right now. I guess both China and Denmark are Premier SS events and Japan is not. There are more money to win.

#276 indrg, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  17. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Xu/Ma and ZN/ZYL was entered at French Open SS last year, but this year the tournament is downgraded, so in order to maintain the ranking they enter Japan Open SS... As for Fischer/Pedersen maybe they enter because Pedersen's sponsor is YONEX and thus they come to home sponsor :).

Owi/Butet was busy after winning worlds with interview, kirab, and visiting Owi's hometown, maybe they would like extra time to prepare for last two SSP events, thus they skip Japan Open.

Oh Btw, ZN/ZYL is now XD No.1 after they won Adidas China Master 2013. Congratulations for them! Top three XD ranks are very close around 89k-90k points. Very interesting race to year end of 2013.

18. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    how can you say that?French Open is a Super Series tournament.

19. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    My apology, I heard French Open is going to be downgraded, I guess its gonna be next year. Then, I have no idea why Xu/Ma, and Zhang/Zhao is eagerly participated in this tournament despite their busy schedule from CNG and Adidas China Master 2013.

If I have to guess is because:
    1. They would like to maintain top two XD, so the seeds will be no.1 and no.2... So the only chance they can meet each other is in the final.
    2. They would like to restore the self confidence of these pairs after recent defeat in some tournaments.

Denmark and French Open M&Q has released, Very competitive entrance for XD department, I would say all top pair expected to meet at these two tournaments.

#279 bennydut, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

A bit of rest is good for them.....