Tania not good enough

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2006 Badminton' started by tze yang, Mar 25, 2006.

1. tze yang

tze yang Regular Member

World No. 3 In Outdoor Badminton
    After watching so many top class games in the past week, when i watch tania's game against the fijian, i realised that she was no where near any of the top players in the world, not even enough to upset a world no20 on her good day even if her opponent is on her bad day, it looks kinda schoolgirl game like with both players shot goin upto a metre wide consistently and rallies goin less than 5 shots often...her style isnt as good looking as her looks either and is by no means near what we see from WMC...she took 3 sets to defeat the fijian...
    I think she has alot of work to do if she wishes to clear the first round of beijing 2008...
    This is not an insult to her but rather something that she should take note off and work harder, perhaps changing her training style

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    train harder

I never heard of Tania before the CWG so why suddenly she is supposed to be that good capable of upsetting the top 20? I think Tania's agent did a excellent job in promoting her image and now is time to sharpen up her skill to deliver realistic results :p

3. tze yang

tze yang Regular Member

she shouldnt be expected to beat the top20 i know that, but theres so much talk of her winning a medal for aus in the comm games and her being aus no1, which in fact she is not even up to kellie lucas' standard yet...and i think she isnt even as good as her world ranking of 50 suggests...

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There is a big difference in the level of Tania's play compared to the top ten. Let's face it, the chinese have set an incredibly high standard of play for women over the years.

Many of overseas players go to China to raise their game. Boosak is one example. If Tania can afford to and ambitious enough, she could consider this option. However, the training is harsh. I knew a couple of promising juniors who went to China from overseas for training stints - they couldn't keep up with the training.

5. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

She is actually Australia's highest world ranked female singles player.:confused:

She needs a sponsor so that she can fly around and play higher class of players........staying in Aust. is not helping her.

In other countries you can fly to another country.....play a tourny and fly back easily.

Over here any trip over seas is a major trip. And expensive for airfairs.

She needs to train overseas.

Do you think you can beat her in singles.........:D

6. tze yang

tze yang Regular Member

she is australia's highest ranked player but shes not the best in terms of strenghth...

As for beating her...hehe prob not...mayb 3 months training in china then return here then yea i could, i really lack training and game experience and fitness(pretty much everything isnt it?)

7. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

Yeah I think three months in china training would work wonders for her too.