Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by yannie, May 14, 2006.

1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I'm sorry, but after reading this statement, this thought comes into my mind:
    After their loss to this Japanese pair, they train so hard to improve themselves, with avenging their loss being their main target.
    And after their sweet revenge, maybe, just maybe, they thought so lightly on Indonesians, the pair that they've beaten 5 times (and no loss), believing that they would do it for the 6th time with no sweat at all?

If that's so, wasn't it a sign of...underestimation?:confused:

2. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    I don't quite understand bout the threatening thing. It seems BAM wants them to split, so there's other party that doesn't want them to split?
    I don't know KKK and TBH love each other so much :p:p

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It went this way : 1) NSC Director wanted answers, even went as far as saying maybe drop KKK & TBH from elit prog if they dont get their acts right, LOL.
    I was laughing when I read it -> if they drop the 2006 AG gold medalist, 2007 AE champ who have won SS titles, then the other pairs? Kick most of them out? KKK with TBH have won the most titles last year in the Msia MD squad, they only partnered 2 years.
    Unless..... Fuzzy pair or the other pairs start winning strings of titles. At present, not yet.

2) Rexy said ground them from Japan Open, Macau/China Masters/HK last chance (the tournaments are depending which press one reads). If still not good, split KKK & TBH.

3) Both KKK & TBH have indicated they prefer to be together. TBH said if change partner take 1 year to build solid partnership. KKK was the one who said the quitting if split thingy. I interpret it as KKK felt down after the OG failure, coupled with all the criticism.. More than that, you gotta ask them yourself :p:p

KKK & TBH, if they go elsewhere & play, whether it's KLRC or otherwise, would not have problems getting sponsors. Our friendly neighbour down south would be happy if they can get a top 10 MD. Even we all lowly fans also can see.:D

#1183 eaglehelang, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  4. victory

victory Regular Member

There is a possibility they underestimated Kido/Setiawan but I think the possiblity is rather small. Kido/Setiawan are world class pair. KKK/TBH are such elite professional badminton players they should know underestimating their opponents can be suicidal. I am sure Rexy would have reminded them as well.

Professional badminton is a very competitive field now with so many good players pop up. Particularly men double. The 2 Jap MD pairs for example, made vast improvement in these 2 years under the guidance of PJB. In addition, 21 points system also made the gap among top pairs smaller.

So I think past record doesn't count much. TBH/KKK should know much better than an ordinary guy like me.

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    U put Suichi Sakamoto/ Shintaro Ikeda's pair same level with KKK/TBH? To beat a 2nd class MD is not as proud as u feel like. Instead, they should and able to win on the Japs simply because they are amongst the top group MD's in the world. (Their World Ranking will tell you where they are)

To prove that they are really back on track, KKK/TBH should be able to beat the others top 3 pairs MD in the world now, i.e. CY/FHF, MK/HS, and JJS/LYD. These are the pairs that are same level with KKK/TBH, and not those Cap Ayam Pair.

100% trust of their partners? Try to tell your words to the ego KKK. Maybe he'll listen to you.

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Professional badminton is very competitive, i agree. But why top ranking in the WR always the same face?

KKK/TBH is not underestimate MK/HS. They are having problems amongst themselves that are not being settled down before they went to Beijing. And the thing still continuing. They are not improving as expected. So losing to the OG Champion is expected.

Rexy will not be blame for the failure of KKK/TBH. Now, mas supporter including BAM pray Rexy like god. He is a good coach coz he brings up many talented MD players in mas. But what use? We are not yet WC winners, we are still not OG Gold medal winner.

7. victory

victory Regular Member

Yes perhaps trust and partnership is their biggest obstacle now.Not skills and other things.

While people can say KKK is egoistic and doesn't trust partner, he is the one that clearly stipulated he doesn't want to split.

I think perhaps deep down in their heart they still know their got the best partner they can get. If not they wouldn't have won so many titles earlier.

They just need to work on the partnership harder. Trust and relationship is completely different from skills and strength. It is not straight forward. This is the toughest part for them.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...dato...try to get some inner info before saying this...^^...:p

9. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    Thanks for enlightening me,eaglehelang.:)
    IMO,they have just started to experience what so called solid partnership.....but anyway it's the result that counts.They need to improve real fast in these few months to prove it to Rexy, NSC and BAM.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Tan is a good player. It's a waste if still pairing with KKK.

It's time to tell people what u want.

11. nauyuchi

nauyuchi Regular Member

tan should request to change partner rather then being wiith KKK. even though i am a big fan of KKK....can't stand to see him scolded by KKK... poor boon heong

#1191 nauyuchi, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  12. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Tan should split with KKK. in indonesia if our MD don't perform well for long time, they will be splited n found new partner. BAM must do that. Even tan/kkk had a good achievement in early 2007. Time has changed..

13. Isegrim

Isegrim Regular Member

i am not an expert but why do you all say koo kien keat is guilty of causing bad results?
    please explain
    i want to be enlightened :)

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

when did u see KKK `scold` tan boon heong??:rolleyes:

15. eaglehelang

Depends on your definition of "long time".;) Their partnership is not even 2 years yet. The other MD pairs, some after 3 to 4 years partnership, no results, then only Rexy reshuffle. Fairuz & Lin WF were partners for 7 years.

Joko/Hendra havent produced much results, they're still together. Luluk/Alvent were still together till OG, and there were talks of splitting them long bf that.

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I rewatched the Macau Open 2007 MD finals, KKK/TBH played so well that they came back from 17-20 and 20-21 down in the decider to win. It's sad to see them split and I hope to see them play well in the remaining 4 SS tourneys.

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    KKK yelled at TBH many times during the Macau Open MD final... "hit!" . "Out!"

He doen't need to do so, as I believe TBH know when to hit the shuttle or vice versa.

I will feel very sad IF my partner keep yelling to me on court, it shows to the world that I doesnt know to play well.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this is not strange for me and i believe everyone...
    a partner yelled at his/her partner on whther to pick the shuttle or not is normal..i believe this is THE SPIRIT OF A PARTNERSHIP:);)
    i remembered even Tony Gunawan did yelled at Chandra wijaya sometimes too..( i take this as an example, no hard feelings:cool:) not KKK/TBH pair are just the one who did this, i believe many other pair out there(including me:D;)) did that too sometimes though..this is not strange or whatsoever at all..this is natural;):)

19. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It depends how u say it to your partner.

Yelling "out" to ask your partner to leave the shuttle is very normal in doubles.

Yelling your partner's name to indicate to him/her to return the shuttle is also normal in doubles. Koo, call "Tan" instead of "hit"...

20. eaglehelang

Hmm, in comparision, KKK doesnt scold TBH on court like he used to. Most obvious was Msia Open 2007, Sudirman Cup 2007.
    During MO 2007, KKK with an angry look said sthing to TBH, TBH looked down (as usual). During Sudirman 2007, during the break,Pang said sthing to TBH, KKK looked pissed off,pointed at TBH, TBH sighed, wiping his racket, again & again in nervousness(This was the time when they lost badly to FU/Cai).

Nowadays, both look cool, KKK doesnt give angry looks to TBH & TBH doesnt look like he's afraid of his partner. That's jsut my observation anyway.