taiwan open final result

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Hong Kong Open / Indonesia O' started by jaclyn, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    *rofl* You're kidding, right? No, the reason they skip Indonesian Open is more likely to be for safety reasons. Indonesian Open is not exactly the most friendly tournament to visit as a foreign player -- especially for players from a Nato country such as Denmark. When Denmark sent troops to Iraq, I think there was even a recommendation from Danish authorities that Danish citizens avoid visiting a number of countries, Indonesia being one of them. Rubbish of course, but there's paranoia for you! :eek:

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  3. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    thats a pity, i mean believe me, i have been here in jakarta for all my life and never felt like its not safe here, people in tv are exaggerating, people just need to come here and prove to themselves that its all rubbish:mad:

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Reading from your comments, hmm, don't tell me you weren't "scared" when you were Jakarta in 1998, when "the big riot" broke out...Or you were somewhere else at that time(iI know other cities in Indonesia like Surabaya weren't affected, but if you were somewhere else, then that's a different story)...
    All I know is that, people at least living in Jakarta were "scared" like crazy after that aftermath. That's why after that incident, a lot of people from there, esp. the Chinese-Indonesian, fled to other countries and even tried for an asylum...
    Since Indonesia is majority-wise an Islamic nation, what makes you assured that the situation or condition in Indonesia now is "safer" then before??..Many of my Indonesian friends told me, it was actually better during Suharto's rule, as he was enforcing strict laws(like Saddam), rather than now...