Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

So it was reported that someone asked dumb questions at the press conference that upset TZY?

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No hits on google. Do you have a source?

3. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

4. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire Regular Member

I guess that's a normal reaction. World No. 1s in any sport don't like their ranking being questioned. But she's not going to be able to escape these kinds of questions until she wins a WC/Oly gold.

She now has three years coming up where there is no way that any other tournament can possibly take priority over the WC/Oly. In 2019, she needs to gear everything around winning that WC for the first time, and that's going to have to mean training and preparing with the same ferocity as Marin. I fully expect those two players to meet next year in Basel in what will probably be one of the most anticipated matches in badminton history.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And how I hope that this epic clash will happen in the semi finals! With me sitting in the third row.

6. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire Regular Member

That's awesome. Hope it works out for you, but remember to bring your earplugs!

visor likes this.
  7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Why? It‘s in Switzerland not Indonesia.

s_mair likes this.
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

It's because of Marin shrieking not the crowds. ..
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

s_mair likes this.
  9. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah, right. Forgot about that. Better bring them then.

visor likes this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

True. The Swiss crowd usually is... well... hard to get overly excited.

And I'm afraid that with Carolina in full battle mode (volume wise), they won't even dare to move a limb.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Please promise you'll boo if she starts screeching :D

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hey, that's every BCer's sacred duty, isn't it?

j4ckie likes this.
  13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I hate to spoil your party guys, but I think more people will be cheering for Marin than for TTY because she's from Europe. :D

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Never... ever....

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

We‘ll see if that epic clash is gonna happen...

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Can anyone please share a quick summary of that post? The version that Google translator creates gives the impression that something was going on with the accomodation but it's hard to impossible to understand any details.

17. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I think the reason why Google translate failed pretty badly here is because the text TTY wrote was quite.. jumbled. It's almost like she's just writing her thoughts down and didn't structure the sentences properly.

Anyways, she was basically talking about how the sports environment (and I'm assuming she's referring to the badminton environment) requires improving. She then claims that there has been improvements, but it's down to alot of effort in the background that people don't see. The rest of the text is her giving an example about their accommodation arrangements for tournaments. She mentioned that a higher-up person said Lai Chien-Cheng (her coach) raised the issue of requiring accommodation arrangements for players for overseas tournaments, and it was good that LCC did this (I assume they're referring to their good performance at Asian Games?). In brackets TTY said the reason for the players to benefit from accommodation arrangements is because of LCC's efforts.

TTY then went on to ask some rhetorical questions. "Does this mean without the efforts in the past to make accommodation arrangements for players, the level of performance would not have been as good?" "Did the higher-up people count the number of gold medals, then realized that this was because players had accommodation for tournaments?" She then said the reason for the good results is because the players are able to rest well and fully prepare for their matches.

She then said earlier on in the year, LCC already raised the issue of accommodation for players, but there was no commitment from higher-ups. Then in April, they raised the issue again but the response was "we'll get back to you by June", but they couldn't wait til June, so her dad looked for accommodation for her himself and they couldn't find places close to the stadium because they were all full. She then referred to the fact that they travel business class on airplanes, but even this cannot guarantee that players can perform to their best, so without proper rest, how can the players be expected to do well at tournaments?

At the end she thanked the fans for their support at the Asian Games.

TL;DR - I assume CHN-TPE did not provide funds for players to have accommodation near tournament stadiums overseas and TTY didn't like this because she thinks it's necessary for players to rest properly and therefore can do better at tournaments. She thinks the governing body needs to improve the environment for players further to improve results because everything is linked to performance.

That's the best I can do and hopefully I didn't get anything wrong this time!

samkool and s_mair like this.
  18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Thanks a lot! So at least the google translation was able to keep the general sense and cause - although I thought that the post was more directed towards the Asian Games especially. With being the superstar in Taiwan that she currently is, she's in a comfortable position to critizise her own federation once more after the Rio shoe-gate. Quite refreshing to see athletes speaking out so openly what bothers them in their daily job.

19. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sindhu will be in the finals again. I guarantee it.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

s_mair likes this.
  20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hey, I would always prefer to reach a dozen finals and losing each and every one of them instead of being kicked out in the earlier rounds every time.

But yeah, I share a certain feeling that she will stay true to herself and continue her story of major finals.

Rob3rt likes this.