Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Good point too. I currently don't know any other player on the tour who openly shows how much fun he/she has on court. On the other hand - how much fun must it be to have so much talent and to dominate the courts all over the world the way she does? I think I would be smiling day in day out too if I was in that position. :D

Cheung and yf19-sama like this.
  2. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

In current state Only Intanon and Akane have potential to win against TTY

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually the only opponent who can beat her at the moment is... herself... when she make too many mistakes trying to hit the lines or getting it just over the net. None of the other top 10 WS players can currently match her physically in skills and stamina.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

maybe a hollow tty could beat her.. if you get what I mean :D

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

And once more, TTY didn't beat herself and neither did CYF. Very impressive how that first lost game today didn't make her lose her cool. The decider then another demonstration of everything that makes her the currently undisputed queen of badminton.

2018 season summary so far:
    29 consecutive wins
    5 consecutive tournament titles

...what a season.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Who would win?

Momota vs Tai Tzu Ying where Momota isn't allowed to hit Jump Power Smash.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Momota all the way. Just too much of a physical advantage, he's so much faster that he could basically prevent her from playing most of her really good shots by forcing the pace too high for her. Also hes got absolutely superb defence, I don't see her penetrating that when even the Top MS players struggle to do that.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

She might have a good chance against Lin Dan nowadays though

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

:D
    Otoh the pace difference might be just enough to get him into his comfort zone :D

Rob3rt likes this.
  10. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

You underestimating Lin Dan again? Shaking My Head

She would have a *great chance again Lin Dan.

''Tai :
    1) A deep clear to Lin Dan's backhand
    2) Expect a straight drop
    3) Hold and flick it back to his BH again.
    4) Expect a high and medium clear
    5) DTL Smash to his BH side.
    6) Celebrate ''

11. visor

visor Regular Member

On her way to her dominant 29th matches won in a row, TTY almost gave us fans a mini scare yesterday. Well, credit must go to CYF who really stretched TTY to her limits by taking G1 with her amazing retrieval skills. TTY was mentally and physically pushed to make unforced errors by hitting too close to the tape and too close to the lines.

Fortunately TTY maintained her cool and took G2 in not only a show of her mental maturity and game experience but also dogged determination and physical prowess.

When G3 came along, CYF was all but spent physically and mentally with the score 11-4 at the interval and 21-9 by the end... similar to how Momota crushed Axelsen later.

Next stop, Nanjing World Championship in 3 weeks. This is the one she skipped last year in favour of her University Games, so there is some pressure for her to win it, although she is still the overwhelming favourite.

#971 visor, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

From Badzine: http://www.badzine.net/2018/07/indonesia-open-finals-unbreakable-tai-wins-9th-against-chen/

With the support from Indonesian fans, Tai Tzu Ying won her 9th straight victory over Chen Yufei and her 5th straight 2018 title, while the day ended with a 4th for Indonesia’s men’s doubles #1.

By Sulistianing Ambarwati, Badzine Correspondent live in Jakarta
    Photos: Yves Lacroix / Badmintonphoto (live)

Unstoppable Tai Tzu Ying!

Taiwan’s ace Tai Tzu Ying won the women’s singles title in Indonesia Open 2018. Tai Tzu Ying emerged as champion after defeating Chinese representative Chen Yufei. Tai lost the first game narrowly but the world #1 then caught up and won the second and third games decisively.

This is the second Indonesia Open title for Tai Tzu Ying after taking her first one in 2016. At that time, she also conquered another Chinese representative, Wang Yihan, who was then playing in here last Superseries final. This time, Chen was playing in her first post-Superseries Sunday.

[​IMG]
    “I made a lot of mistakes in the match, so actually I’m not really satisfied with my performance today, but because I had full support from the crowd from the beginning, it really helped me to win today’s match,” said Tai.

This Indonesia Open title became the fifth title for Tai this year. She has not been defeated in the last four tournaments. She has won, in succession, the Indonesia Masters Super 500, the All England Super 1000, the Badminton Asia Championships, the Malaysia Open Super 750, and now this Super 1000.

Before the final match of 2018 Indonesia Open, Tai and Yufei had already met 8 times, the last coming at the Badminton Asia Championships this year, when the scores of both games were close.

Despite suffering her ninth loss to the world #1, Chen Yufei (pictured right) still found something positive: “I am actually satisfied with the first game and a half because I was still able to keep myself in control, but then Tai changed her strategy and she played very fast, so I felt under pressure because of her speed.”

[​IMG]

What’s next for Tai?

Having reclaimed her Indonesia Open crown, Tai Tzu Ying (pictured) will compete in the BWF World Championships, which she missed last year in order to play the Universiade at home, and then of course she will return to Istora Senayan in Jakarta for the 2018 Asian Games. Tai said that she will focus for the nearest tournament first, World Badminton Championship.

“Of course, I will concentrate and put my attention firstly to World Badminton Championship as it will come first then Asian Games,” said Tai.

This 24-year-old shuttler talked about the keys to performing well, saying that the most important thing is always stay mentally positive: “I have to pay a lot of attention to my health and physical condition, so I put attention to the eating and sleeping schedule also to the exercise, so I really prepare for the next tournament,” said Tai.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Grandma seems to like her medal... :D

Tim Goh likes this.
  14. Tim Goh

Tim Goh New Member

Yes

15. Tim Goh

Tim Goh New Member

Totally agree!

visor likes this.
  16. visor

visor Regular Member

Some lesser seen non TV court videos of TTY (vs CYF) from 2017 to tie us over till next week. Somehow it has been CYF who has been strong enough to stretch Tai to 3 games.

s_mair likes this.
  17. Master

Master Regular Member

Tai the Frontrunner – Women’s Singles Preview: BWF World Championships 2018

[​IMG]

With five titles from six events this year, Chinese Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying heads in to the TOTAL BWF World Championships as the overwhelming frontrunner for the Women’s Singles crown.

The statistics tell the story – just one loss this year from 34 matches. The Tai Express has brushed aside everything in its path, conquering the DAIHATSU Indonesia Masters, the YONEX All England, the Badminton Asia Championships, the CELCOM AXIATA Malaysia Open, and the BLIBLI Indonesia Open. Her one – and only loss – was in the final of the PERODUA Malaysia Masters in January – where she held two match points before falling to Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon.

What is particularly striking is that, at a time when Women’s Singles is considered to be in its most competitive phase ever, the Chinese Taipei maverick has dominated in this fashion.

If Tai needs any extra motivation, it is that while she has won nearly every major World Tour title, she hasn’t quite delivered at the World Championships and the Olympics. Nanjing will provide her the opportunity to allay concerns on that front.

But Tai will also be aware that there are enough players in the draw who are capable of tripping her. USA’s Beiwen Zhang in the third round, and China’s He Bingjiao or Canada’s Michelle Li in the quarter-finals, can be a handful on their day. Zhang, who is playing the World Championships representing USA for the first time, has had some strong results this year, beginning with her title victory in India.

Defending champion Nozomi Okuhara (Japan) is in the third quarter with compatriot Aya Ohori, Korea’s Sung Ji Hyun, and – notably – India’s Pusarla V Sindhu. In recent weeks Okuhara had claimed her form wasn’t good enough to mark her out as the champion – “I’m a challenger”, she said – but her title win in Thailand appeared to make her change her mind. The win was a good omen, she revealed, as she had won her last event before the World Championships last year.

The player she beat in the TOYOTA Thailand Open final – Pusarla – has had a mixed year. She wasn’t able to build on her results from 2017 and fell in three finals – at the India Open, the Commonwealth Games, and the Thailand Open. Still, she has been combative all season and, with a bit of luck, could well cross the final barrier in Nanjing.

The only player to beat Tai this season – Thailand’s Intanon – is in the second quarter with India’s Saina Nehwal, Spain’s Carolina Marin and Japan’s Sayaka Sato. The Thai started the year well, but then her form dipped; having chosen to skip the Thailand Open and the Singapore Open, Intanon might arrive fresh in Nanjing to reclaim the title she won in Guangzhou.

Marin’s best performance of the season was her title win at the European Championships, and the Spaniard, having won the World Championships twice, will know exactly what she has to do to claim a third. The player she beat in the 2015 final – India’s Saina Nehwal – has been resurgent, the high point so far being her capture of the Commonwealth Games crown beating her younger compatriot Pusarla in the final, against most expectations.

The bottom quarter features second seed Akane Yamaguchi (Japan) and China’s Chen Yufei. Yamaguchi won the YONEX German Open and was runner-up at the All England; she also admirably led her team’s winning campaign at the TOTAL BWF Uber Cup. This quarter though has a potential dark horse in Gregoria Mariska Tunjung. The World Junior champion has started to trouble the big names; in Thailand she beat Michelle Li and had Pusarla in a spot before the experienced Indian pulled away in their semi-final.

Her predecessor as the World Junior champion, Chen Yufei, has gone on to enter the big league and will look to better her bronze-medal winning performance from Glasgow last year.

The other names to look out for in the bottom quarter are Scotland’s Kirsty Gilmour – who faces Tunjung in her opener – and Thailand’s Nitchaon Jindapol, both of whom are capable of damaging the more favoured names.

Source : http://bwfworldchampionships.com/ne...s-preview-total-bwf-world-championships-2018/

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Looks like someone scored another big sponsorship deal:

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I thought she went with Li Ning or Yonex. But not this! :D

20. visor

visor Regular Member

So that's how she gets those abs of steel... time for me to hit McD's!

s_mair and LenaicM like this.