Swiss Open Results

Discussion in 'Swiss Open 2004' started by seven, Mar 2, 2004.

1. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    I can't imagine Chen Hong being any good in doubles...

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I just have a feeling that Cai/Fu look quite like Kim/Ha. Both Cai and Kim play smart game and cover the court well. Fu and Ha play power game replying on their big smash. That's why I thought Cai may be a better XD player than Fu. Just my thought. :)

3. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: A trashing in XD?

I think the point Qidong was making was that it was Robertson/Emms that challenged the seemingly invulnerable Kim/Ra to three games, while Zhang/Gao went down to Kim/Ra in two games. While that's true, Zhang/Gao have beaten Kim/Ra in the past, but currently it was Robertson/Emms that gave them the most trouble, hence why Qidong said they may be the new challenger.

Then again, badminton is such a fickle sport.

As for Zhao Ting Ting, I'm particularly fond of her. Out of all the Chinese girls in the Doubles and Mixed, she's my favorite. I agree she's not the fastest, but I don't think she's slow at all. I personally think the problem lies in her partner, Chen. If she would team up with another partner, like say Cai, I think they would become a new challenger aside the Zhang/Gao combination.