Swiss OPEN GPG 2012 Semifinal and Final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by etudiant, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LXR MIA? I don't think so, she just wasn't signed up for this tournament. CHN has so many players, they have to spread them out or they will be playing against each other all the time. I believe she will play in the Asia Championship and India SS, not sure about the Aussie Open

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Jin's outstanding performance today came as a happy surprise,hoped he doesn't let his renewed chances for his OG quest disturb his mental state too much. Whether he needs to win the Asia C'ship, the Aussie Open or India SS, he should just concentrate on playing well and not the results. He's only 26 and have many good years ahead.

3. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Based on my calculation, (if I get it right) here are the top 4 ranking of MXD after Swiss GP:

Zhang Nan/Zhao Yun Lei: 90940 (not changing as last week)
    Chen Xu/Ma Jin: 84196.2 (not changing as last week)
    Towi/Lilyana: 80990
    JFN/CP (Denmark Pair): 80036.4

Based on my calculation, Towi/Lilyana should be the world number 3 on the next ranking published.
    The two chinese pair almost got nothing to defend. ZN/ZYL has to defend 7k points on BAC. CX/MJ I think got nothing to defend until the end of olympic qualifying period. Towi/Lilyana has 9200 points to defend until the end of Olympic qualifying period. JFN/CP also got nothing to defend until the end of April.

4. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    their coach said they must maintain and improve the physical stamina, they will more selectively follow a tournament, the will skip australia, and they will play in asian championship (will be held in china, i'm sure all top china player will play) and india super series. both those tournament will be used for measuring the strength of their future opponents in 2012 olympic

5. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    I guess no one expected her to win both the German and All England Opens.
    Otherwise the association probably wouldn't have denied her the opportunity of a treble.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I can imagine LYB rubbing his hands with glee. Everything is falling in place perfectly for him. The master manipulator really has everyone guessing at what's next in his fiendish plans. Oh the drama! :D

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    In the mean time, the Women singles saga of WSX and lixuerui continues to make us wonder ..will li xuerui cause an upset by getting WSX off the first team in london...does wsx has a scheme planned under lyb's very nose. If she does, it has to be an ingenious scheme to avoid his mastery detection :)

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

LXR is seeded 1 for the Aussie GPG, another 7000 points in the bag

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Ohhhh Nooooo....means WSX is out of the Olympics..if that's really what Lyb is going to do.....damnnnnn

10. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    WX seems to me to be the weakest link at the moment. Form wise.
    But there is a lot of ground for the 3rd and 4th places to cover in these few months.
    Looks like LXR made a wise move sacrificing sightseeing in beautiful Switzerland to pocket 7000 points Down Under.

#710 phil-mm, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, congrats to Saina to defend her title here, a big boost for her homeground SS next month :)
    2 titles for CHN and 1 title each for INA, IND and JPN.

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Should be WX, WYH and LXR for olympics

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think that's the general consensus at the moment but who knows what's going on in LYB's devious mind.

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If that's going to be the case, it will be so painful for WSX...

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

And much less so for the spectators, hehe :p

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Indeed as the case with persisting with Zhang Ning instead of Zhu Lin for Bejing....

Masterstroke back then...

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, haha :D

CBA inner competition is very tight, once you could not deliver the result, you will be out of the screen for sure...This is what going to happen in a nation that has done its regeneration so well. LXR & JYJ along with other young WS have been sent to the small, medium, & big tournaments regularly so that they are able to taste the atmosphere & pressure, additionally for the CBA in general it will be a preparation for plan B, in case one of the Top 3 WS fail to deliver up to stated expectation, young shuttlers are there to continue CBA domination. A good plan by CBA & LXR who is able to perform well & convert the pressure into motivation. Securing 1 post in CBA OG team is just unimaginable reward.

In my opinion, this is somewhat LD trying to give a hint to the world by saying on an interview that he was hoping CBA so called VIP do not hesitate while registering his name to the OG Squad in MS.

#717 Licin, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    this Swiss Open is kinda interesting. It's so dark, you can hardly see the sponsors advertisement. If I were the sponsors, I will want my money back.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    btw, this Women Singles saga is so much more entertaining comparing to the rest of the Olympics games. What are the following people thinking right now:

1. The three Wangs: How can they obey LYB's order and fight for their own right to qualify the Olympics at the same time? "Should I fight the other two Wangs instead of LXR?"

2. LXR: "Will I lose my best friend if I try too hard?" "Should I wait four years instead?" "What if I am chosen instead of one of the other three Wangs, will no one ever wants to be my friend again within the Chinese team?"

3. Saina, Tine, etc: "Should I lose intentionally against LXR in the next few weeks?"

20. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I think it is LXR's turn for a test in Australian open. She is the only top chinese WS in the tournament. If she beat every body and come up as the winner, her chance to go to olympics will increase significantly.