Swiss OPEN GPG 2012 Semifinal and Final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by etudiant, Mar 16, 2012.

1. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Saina isn't a Pushover!

Common guys!! Most of the guys here seem convinced of WSX's invincibility vis a vis Saina and that even if Saina wins, it'll be due to the match being gifted by WSX!!!:mad:
    Saina isn't a complete pushover and this is really unfair on her even after proving herself on the world stage for so long. Of course she's being having a dull patch lately and yet the fact that she competes against the top Chinese players consistently and has to clear one juggernaut after another is testimony to her skill. I understand that the chinese are probably a hundred times better coached than the others but Saina has done more than her share of hard work to earn her wins and not having to be gifted by them!
    Just my two cents!!

2. uselessmail

On another note! Thank you very much abedeng for your live updates! I went through all of them in the morning today and felt as if I had seen the match itself! Thank you!
    Its also very nice to see fellow BCer's step up and stand up for him when a couple of members were interrupting with annoying comments in between, asking him to stop!
    Hope to see more you mate! Keep up the good work!!!
    [TABLE="class: ruler"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My head picks Lee HI,The Dangerman, though my heart goes to Chen Jin. I know Chen Jin has it in him but he has yet to thoroughly regroup himself and gather his thoughts during the recent see-saw,lacklustre performance. If he beats LHI tonight,then I'd say he's coming back to form and,hopefully,make it to London OG. Wish him all the best.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm sure nobody in his right mind would think Saina a pushover,far from it,we all respect her, I certainly do. Its just that she has been in the circuit for a number of years already - ditto Juliane,Tine - her best results seems to be in 2010, and since then she 's been stopped time and again by one or the other of the Chinese top players,that's why I'm looking for a new non-CHN star to arise, specifically, Ithanon,Tai TY,Sung JH,maybe a Japanese hopeful. That's not to say Saina has no hope tonight,only the odds are stacked against her,particularly when facing a resurgent WSX now.

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Nobody likes to play against Lee Hyunil in any tournament. chances of you losing is very high even though you are supposed to win. Such a dangerous person to meet in the London Olympics. Even LCW was scared to face him, Lin Dan maybe yes. I think they both met a couple of times and Lin Dan had the upper hand..

The semifinal match against LHI in all england was proof that he can push lee chong wei to the limits, making him injured his shoulder to that extent..

6. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    To be frank any one who reads the posts just simply think Saina is a pushover...who cannot win on her own capabilities and needed to win on other's capabilities...a person who do not deserve her ranking....
    I really cannot see what she really needs to do to convince everyone.....Is she that bad...?

7. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

She is not bad, but because of many reasons like coaching programmes and training, is a rung below the chinese.... though she is still young and can develop her game

8. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

and its an achievement to be the highest ranked non chinese players.....All chinese have many good teammates to train with, they have better coaching and training facilities and even after that if any player is capable of beating them once or twice, i think it's a good thing .... she has worked hard to maintain the ranking. She is world number 5 today not because of easy draws and her luck but due to her hard work, determination and also skills.

9. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Any chance to watch the finals live today?

10. uselessmail

Phew!!!:D Thanks for that guys. Feels good to be validated by the peers! ;)
    I didn't write that post as an affront to anyone else... just that there was too much pent up frustration which I finally let go of! I do agree with everything's that's been written above, of course! The chinese surely are the best, hands down! But surely the other players do deserve their share of respect for taking the Goliaths of the game head on!

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You don't become world no. 4/5 by fluke ,you know,esp against the Chinese Goliaths. Before, I used to think she is the main threat, but now,the Chinese WS has 5 players who can beat her more often than not, I'm forced to look elsewhere. No disrespect to her an any way, just accepting harsh reality. In fact,even now,the Chinese camp never take her lightly.

12. Wangst

Wangst Regular Member

Kuli
    chinese are still ahead in for men's singles (even after LD and LCW retires, CL will still dominate)...the women's doubles and singles are totally dominated by china....but men's doubles and mixed doubles are their main weakness...in men's doubles, fu/cai is still the top pair but they are already near retirement and the next best pair are still way below the koreans who are still very young, so korea will dominate men's doubles for years to come...as for mixed doubles, it is the weakest chinese link despite having a world number one, but due to inconsistency (maybe due to one half of the woman also playing women's doubles), so there is a chance for other pairs to win it...my take for OG12 is for lin dan, yy/wxl, wx, jjs/lyd and ta/ln to win the gold

13. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I respect Saina very much. She is top nonchinese contender for London Olympics. This is why it is so important for WSX to prove to CBA that she can do it at her current form. So, I don't think she will let go the chance.

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Just name me who else could beat LCW 3 times within a span of 3 months... in SF and finals, not in R1 or R2.

And u confused the concept of "league matches" and "knock-out" matches. In league matches, Liverpool is due to meet ManU twice a season, so u could really just prepare the best to win these two matches and lose the others. In knock-out competitions like badminton, u could not just prepare for SF or finals with the prior matches. So tell me how CL could meet LCW in that 3 wins in SF or finals without beating opponents in the prior rounds? (this is the excuse why LCW lost to SD and TH in WC in 2010 & 2011 if I m not wrong.. Coz he was already thinking of playing LD in the next round.)

Yes he may be not yet in the same league with LD and LCW in the moment, but a poor form lately does not mean you could write him off of having better potential that the rest to catch up with these 2, who were exceptionally good at this era.

Yes CL did lost to a dozens of players, yet name me the name list of players that beat LCW when he was at CL's age.There were also a few players who beat LCW or LD in the past 5 years, but name me who could beat any of them 3 times within 3 months, plus a back-to-back wins?!! This is the difference IMO. :D

#434 Jonc108, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly,who else could beat Lee CW 3 times within 3 months (ex-Lin Dan), that's how Chen Long bowled me over. The 1st time he did it to my idol LCW, I was pleasantly surprised;the 2nd time,I was amazed and a bit shocked;the 3rd time,I couldn't stomach it, how could he do that to my hero? But I've learnt to come to terms with it, just that for 2 years after the Beijing OG I was convinced nobody can touch those two, Lin Dan and Lee CW that is. It's a mater of time Chen Long will rise again(as if he's fallen?!) and take the badminton world by storm. Normally after such a spectacular and sudden rise, you tend to get heady and need some time to consolidate yourself and get ready to charge again, it's not a linear thing.

But I must add,personally,that at this moment, Lee CW is still definitely slightly superior to Chen Long overall.

#435 Justin L, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  16. uselessmail

Is the USTREAM link working for anyone now?

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no point to boast even if he beat lcw and ld every time
    he SHOULD be able to do that to live up to expectation
    if u are the one to take over from the former greats,u need to be better than them

but i doubt chen long can dominate ms like lin dan(2006-2008) or lcw(2009-current)
    because he cant beat his peer,kenichi tago

anyway,no point to continue,time will tell

18. dywar23

dywar23 Regular Member

Proffesional
    anyone get livestreaming for final ?

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    So what if he beat him three times at the end of a season in a span of 3 months?

Maybe he planned his training to peak during those three months, maybe LCW form dipped towards the end of a season. It is a small sample to take and judge him on.

3 months is a short period when he is in his third full year of competiton.

He is the best of the rest no doubt, but not in LD or LCW's class

20. uselessmail