Swiss open 2010 : the finals (march, sunday the 21st)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by Thom_bad, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Malaysia's BAM must be the last haven for lifetime employment. We had local talent taken on board coaching staff to help them out of their financial burden, they have stayed a long time.even the doubles coach has to be one of the longest serving.
    It is not too difficult to be LCW's coach, but what after LCW? Koo & Tan seems very predictable as individuals and as a team, Koo's feints no longer fool anyone, Tan only wants to use his big smash, aren't there alternative game plans? So much can be learned from the young Koreans or Chinese.
    Koo & Tan will be around a long time like Choong & Lee,but is the BAM set -up able to deliver? Maybe people like Hendrawan and THH can help upgrade the system (assuming they atr allowed to).Otherwise depending on local or regional talent will take them back to the same situation in 1980 where England, Sweden ,Japan ,New Zealand or India could thrash the Msian team.

2. Popeyee

Popeyee Regular Member

3. pwong

pwong Regular Member

Many of us has follow Koo/Tan ups and downs in their professional badminton career. From being a champion in AE to winning so many SS series last year, of course everybdoy is dissapointed. Losing to an un-seeded player plus losing in the 1st round AE 2010, as a badminton fan, I really go nuts.
    But, that's what make badminton so exciting, especially with the new scoring. Nobody can maintain a long period as world NO 1 anymore. Even LD is losing the grip (for time being)
    I can say Koo/Tan has lost their specialty. Koo with his deadly net play - its too predictable now
    Tan - his sonic smash, come on, how many can you smash??? The Korean's defence is almost bomb proof, if not nuclear proof.

Rexy has run out of ideas what to do next with this pair. you can see he was so worried if Koo/Tan didn't win the MO. At the same time, remember the time when Koo/Tan threaten BAM if they spilt them, they will quit the game? Come on guys - grow up.
    And BAM cannot produce another world beater , therefore, they listen to them.
    BAM, you get intimated by them? And BAM is afraid to wait another 10 yrs before another champion is produce?
    If LD can listen to LYB, why can't BAM's couch have such high level of respect and not to be intimited by the players???

oh well, its M'sian badminton. That's why we love the game so much. Its unpredictable to predict M'sian players. Sometime boleh, many time tak boleh.

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I'm only disappointed because they didn't seem to fight as if every point counts or even seem to try hard. If they tried but still lost, I would be PROUD of them. :)

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

looked to me as if in closing stages they did not know how to react to the Koreans sudden counter attacks and midcourt play and net interceptions,TBH was very susceptible to attacks.They did try to play mid court but it was where they were weakest.Try watching replay on Astro SS this Friday.
    Looks as though they need to work on tactics and new set pieces and add more dimensions to their game to stay competitive.
    i think Cai Yun and Fu had the same problems but they were worked on and overcome.Didn't look to me as though they were not committed or not trying.
    I wonder do badminton players rehearse set pieces to react to opponent tactics as in football?

6. Popeyee

Popeyee Regular Member