Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    no, I'm not saying like that. and I don't agree with that statement.
    at that time, LD haven't enough preparation for MO, it means he was not ready to compete. that's why he can't win MO.

2. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    if i'm not wrong, LCW win 4 times.
    MO 05 & 06
    SC 07
    JO 07

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

When my fellow "Msia Boleh fellowships" learn to accept that LD is a better player than our LCW??? ;) That's the fact though disheartening :eek:

We should be proud to have LCW as our countryman. Look at other badminton powerhouse such as Korea and Denmark, none of their top players could match our LCW. So, we must be contented :)

Msia Boleh!!!!!!! :p:D LCW Boleh!!!!!! :eek::eek:

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    If you do live in China....you should know why LD did not go to MO....;)

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Stimes what they dont understand is that the invitations go thru BAM. In last year's bi-lection in Machap, it was BAM who asked KKK/TBH, CTF/LWW to go. And..... CTF/LWW won the ABC tourney held aft that political event.

So, it doesnt effect their performance per se but cos Rexy didnt like his players being used by politicians...and so that it wouldnt become a routine accorrance, Rexy made noise.
    And in case some here dont know, thereafter, the politicians did not ask MD players to go for such events anymore.

LCW, I'm not too sure about the details but I agree his loss not related to political campaigning. Just some here dont like players being used as political mileage.

And stated in the other thread, LCW, KKK/TBH did go for the charity event organised a few days bf AE, Rexy agreed to the event, seems to know the organiser quite well from what the organiser said. Should they stay away too since it might effect their performance? It's about balance.

6. badssp07

badssp07 Regular Member

Officer
    2007 Perfomance summary

Dear all,

Here's some statistic regarding 2007 performance (Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei):

Lin Dan - 2007 Performance
    Played 13 tournaments, reached 7 finals ( 53.8% success rate)
    Won 7 Gold medals ( 1 x World Champ; 5 x SS; 1 x GP)
    Lost to 5 person: Park Sung Hwan (x2); Simon Santoso; Boonsak Ponsana; Lee Chong Wei; Bao Chun Lai

Lee Chong Wei - 2007 Performance
    Played 16 tournaments, reached 6 finals (37.5% success rate)
    Won 4 Gold medals ( 3 x SS; 1 x GP ) and 2 Silver medals (2 x SS)
    Lost to 9 different person: Bao Chun Lai (x3); Lin Dan (x2); Taufik Hidayat, Chen Jin, Chen Yu, Ronald Susilo; Hafiz Hashim, Simon Santoso, Sony Dwi Kuncoro

Based on the above, Lee Chong Wei is still not on par with Lin Dan, performance-wise; however, I agree that Lee is technically on par with Lin now.

7. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

U had go too far my friend.. You are right IF and only IF our TOPIC is YEAR 2007 achievement for LCW & LD is it on par? In term of medal collection, how many finals they had reach and.. etc...

What we are discussing here is LCW & LD level of play is now on par.. No such thing as LD is better or a class higher then LCW..

In Year 2007, LD had lost twice to LCW in Sudirman Cup & Japan Open semi-final, LD won back in Hong Kong Open & Swiss Open 2008.. Someone pls correct me if i am wrong..

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

Do you know what 'having a back bone' is about?? Our shuttlers should just say no. Be firm. Instead they allow themselves to be pawns. And this is reflected in their mentality and make up.

As for LCW, you are saying it is ok to have such distractions prior to 2 major tournaments? :confused: No big surprise why LD is miles ahead of LCW. I guess it is no wonder till today Malaysia dont have a Olympic gold or WC to show in the trophy room. Continue to have such mentality, we will continue to get such poor results.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, how did LCW, KKK/TBH do in the AE?? Did they plunder in Europe?

10. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    Lol

:)
    :D:D:D:D
    hILARIOUS

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Back to the match

At the start of the 1st game it seems LCW was surprised by LD's tactic and LD rushed to a 10:1 lead. LD was very calm and patient, his made so few mistakes in the 1st game and LCW pretty much cannot do anything.

LCW actually did OK in the 2nd game. In contrast LD started to make more mistakes. Once LCW leaded 10:6. But he failed to take this chance by (maybe) being too eager and made a few mistakes which contributed to LD's decisive 6-points run. After that it seems to me LCW did not have much confidence anymore and was doomed.

12. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    Where In Canada?

:):cool::cool::cool::eek::eek:
    Hi Canuck

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Huh? LD has been beaten by others already, without being sick.
    I was just being sarcastic about Federer suggesting he lost because Djokovic was assisted by a virus in his straight sets win.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm but i find wood_22_chuck one was funnier.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It has nothing to do with backbone. The guy wants to go else he would not have done it. He feels so strongly about who he wants to win as much as his badminton. You are making it sound like these guys don't know what they are doing except follow orders. We are not that naive even though you may be.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW just caught napping, like his AE MSF vs CJ. CHN MS preparations were definitely meticulous and thoroughly deserved their wins.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Someone in BAM must have said yes. There's no way any shuttler would be allowed or dare to get involved without clearance from higher ups.BAM should just have a rule specifying that no player is allowed to be involved officially in politics so that requests can be turned down stating that rule instead of coming across as not 'giving face'.

18. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    No worries :D. It was a dig at the statement of Misbun waiting to try out new tournament strategies. Sometimes humor fails.

-dave

19. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    There is always hope.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

If its not about having a backbone, then I am saying to go and campaign for some politician when the AE & SO is just around the corner is beyond poor planning. And the results at the AE & SO are pretty clear for all.

Nothing to do with being naive and etc as brought up by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.