Swiss Open 2007 - Day 7 (18 Mar) - FINALs

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by hcyong, Mar 17, 2007.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    1. There was never enough quality WD players. Even now, I doubt there is enough.
    2. It may all backfire if accomplished MD players are used in XD as well, so we may use the also-runs for XD. Now is a good time because MD players is in abundance. For example, Choong Tan Fook, Lee Wan Wah etc. can be used. In the past, we barely survived with the MD players we had.

So, actually, I think in the past, we never had the opportunity to concentrate on XD. Even now, I am not sure if we have that opportunity.

2. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I don't see why I didn't have EQ in replying to your message. Maybe you interepret differently in the way I phrased my reply (I thought I was having a playful tone). Yes, LD was defeated 4-5 times - not many, but I replied to you simply because I was amazed by your overreaction, i.e., if just one "loss" (due to retirement some more) could trigger such a reaction from you, then what would have happened to you in his last 4-5 defeats ... and his potential future losses. BTW, you overlooked AG where he was beaten twice (to Lee Hyun Il in the team event and, as jerby pointed out, to Taufik in the MS fnal.)

#82 Inky2000, Mar 18, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Disagree with you on giving Rexy such accolade. The win-in-3 games strategy is likely to originate from LYB. Much as I dislike him for destroying match integrity and making badminton look crummy as a professional sport, I'll give credit where it's due: LYB's likely the originator and Rexy the quick follower. LD has used this often and at least twice against LCW to win. CY also adopted this in his victory over CJ in AE07. KKK/TBH only played this way in SwO; they did not do so in KO? Maybe cannot against KOR MD!

4. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

INA pair is leading 14-11

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Greetings from Kota Pahlawan, Surabaya :D

I wasn't planning to follow Swiss Open so intensely as the All England last week since we knew before the matches began that Kido/Hendra, Luluk/Alvent, Flandy/Vita, and Nova/Butet all withdrew! The draw wasn't that kind to PBSI's players too.

But, I am very surprised to see 2 finalists today....and some positive performances from notably the singles players like Simon Santoso and Sony Dwi Kuncoro. Sony beat Bao Chunlai and lost inevitably to Lin Dan. Whereas, Simon showed his mental strength by crawling all the way from the qualifying rounds to the final, beating seasoned players like Wong Choong Hann, Ronald Susilo, Chen Yu and finally Lin Dan. Can he beat Chen Jin today? He surely can as he has shown in the AG team event. So, I will be rooting for Simon even though Chen Jin as a higher chance of winning.

As for Mohd Rijal/Greysia Polii, they are Indonesia's future XD pair and I am glad that PBSI has been consistently sending them to the SS tourneys, despite early exits in the 3 previous events. They have a hard match against Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung. However, there's nothing to be afraid of...just do your best!

Greysia also excelled in her WD partnership with Vita Marissa, with yet again another Semi-Final appearance. Poor Jo Novita, she has no partner currently as I believe Richard Mainaky will not break this partnership between Vita and Greysia. Rani and Endang also proved to be a good second pair for PBSI right now with another R16 loss.

In the MD, Hendra A.G./Joko Riyadi are still inconsistent. They have beaten Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae this time, but, as most other PBSI pairs, they have troubles beating their senior Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya. They still have to work hard. The Djarum pair Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian finally reached the semi-final of a SS event after early exits in the 3 previous events. They are getting better and better...

So, here is to at least one gold for Team PBSI to break the duck for this year!

6. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    Hahahahahahhahaha, :D :D :D dun wory, is starting NOW already as accordingly !!! GO GO GO POLII !!!!!

7. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

its 16-11... go korea go korea!

8. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Sory ya sick gal, GO GO GO INDONESIA :D

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Rijal/Greysia take the first set 21-14. A good start...

10. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Yes All The Way !!!!!!!!

11. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    guys, live online!!!!!!!!!!

12. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

INa won 1st game by 21-14!! n now leading 2-1

13. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

hey!! where can i watch it??Cctv5??? or what??plz tell!!! :crying::crying:

14. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

wakkakaka..nevermind..its a healthy competition...:D:D:D go korea go korea!!

15. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
  16. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

INA is leading 5-4

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Not so easy. The Danes are not going to fall for it. They are not likely to burn up energy attacking unnecessarily in 2nG.Maybe they'll do drops and MAS will have to lose on purpose; hit nets or outs.Then MAS may be tempted to try and win in 2!

18. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Yalo Li De Quan, faster tell US, where can see ONLINE??? HAHAHA Online LiveScore is it ?? 55 tell us :p

19. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

i cannot open it.it come out with the page said forbidden... :crying::crying::crying:

20. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

OK !! THANKS !!