Swiss Open 2007 - Day 7 (18 Mar) - FINALs

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by hcyong, Mar 17, 2007.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Exactly what I meant. KKK/TBH is the only hope for Malaysia, therefore Malaysia is over-dependent on them.

And yes, China has an abundance of talent. No one is disagreeing with you.

2. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

can anyone tell me wat time is astro going to show the SO finals?
    thanx!

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Don't know about other matches and also not in the discussion, but I was watching the CW/TG v KKK/TBH match, and it really seemed be that they were practising their defence in the 2nd game. I know that sounds weird, and I know the likelihood of them actually doing that is quite remote, but I had that feeling.

4. moore_shady

moore_shady Regular Member

hope simon wins!
    of course hope 1 chinese win this time..only 1...so boring...watching them.....so lucky LD is out!

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

KKK-TBH will win the SWISS OPEN and take a little rest before the next game. They are young and should not have a burn out as everyone suggested/

6. spchu

spchu Regular Member

Maliq, matches starts at 7 pm (Malaysian time) and I think only Astro Channel 80 showing it LIVE.

7. Dimduo_81

Dimduo_81 Regular Member

Actually there are many talented players in Malaysia, just like there are many talented singers here. However talent is not everything, proper management, dicipline, coaches, diligence are all contributing factors to produce world champions. The Chinese players have different training system. They train full time, 6 days a week and do not go home for Chinese New Year celebrations at just to train and stay focus for future competitions! So you can imagine how much endurance is that.. Their way of training is crazy, no doubt their players are solid...

To say Malaysia being overdependant on them(kkk/tbh), maybe. Its natural to be the centre of attention after emerging champions in various tournaments, so naturally fans & media focus on them. I'm sure Malaysians would wish to see other teams do well, so do I. We all know for sure M'sia's badminton camp is weak, so at least kkk/tbh is the benchmark and inspires other players to do well. Rexy is also bringing up other young pairs, and not to forget training new mix doubles pair as well. As for the singles, BAM have to sit down n discuss how to go about next. Being constructive at this stage is important, c'mon we all wan consistent world champions...Just producing them isn't easy.

I think the semi final match starts at 9 pm or 1 am..1 am most likely i think...

8. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Astro Supersport(channel 80) Live at 7 pm Mas time...be there to watch KKK/TBh matches.They has a big change to win.Jia You KKK/TBH!!!Mas Boleh!!!!!

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Actually, there are quite a number of promising juniors (both boys and girls) in the Malaysian camp. There is hope.

10. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Simon Vs Chen Jin
    It will be a tough battle for the Indonesian. Chen Jin's playing style is something like Lin Dan. We never know what will happen, but I will be rooting for Simon. If he can keep the momentum of defeating Lin Dan, he should be able to win against Chen Jin.

Polii/Rizal Vs Hyo Jung/Yong Dae
    The young Indonesian pair against the young Korean pair (well Hyo Jung is not that young anymore). I have a feeling these two pairs will rule the XD in the future. I will give 60 - 40 for the Korean. HOWEVER, I'm rooting for the Indonesian.

11. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

thanx!!:) :) :) and u too ixory
    since the MD finals is the last match of the day...so their match would probably start on 11pm...i think....
    im soooooooooo gonna watch this match..hehe...and i'd probably be jumping on the couch after every point..hahaha
    GO KKK/TBH!!!!:D :D :D :D

12. Louisia_th

Louisia_th Regular Member

I don't hate LD and chinesse but I love Santoso and hope he will win.

PS I think KKK&TBH will lost.

13. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Ya I agree. They also practised their defense when playing against Cai/Fu. They always served high during the 2nd set to attract more smashes from Cai/Fu. Their defense is still not as good as other veteran pairs. Although it sounds weird, I believe this will benefit them more in the long run (provided they don't lose the entire match la).

14. WithJin

WithJin Regular Member

student
    I will support CJ,because he has the ability to make it!

15. Bao

Bao Regular Member

wadooooooooooooh, ni bocah kayaknya benci banget ma indonesia, kalo kalah ya kalah aja non, ==ups sorry in indonesian==
    but its great for indonesia, 2 representatives untill final, i tought its only untill semifinal be4, but now its time to grab at least 1 tittle here, possible from XD, for simon its OK boy if you lose, you allready playing from Qualification, so its so fair if you lose now,
    but there are no reason because of stamina or injured ==like Chinese fans say==:mad: :mad: :mad:

16. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

If the speculation is true, then KKK/TBH could be the most astonishing MD pair of all-time. Like what I have stated in another earlier posting, can you think of any other badminton player or pair in the past who treated their higher-ranked and more experienced opponents (including the World No.1 player/pair!) as their sparring partners in any international tournament (i.e., they played in the tournament as though they were attending their day-to-day training). KKK/TBH did it in three consecutive matches some more and yet they won all of them eventually. Maybe SO is not so prestiguous and they could afford to lose in qf (in case their "practice" with the "assistance" of CY/FHF backfired) and will still manage to join the Top-10 by the end of June, and therefore the confident Rexy advices the confident KKK/TBH to grab this opportunity to "exercise".

Yes, if the speculation is later proven true, then Rexy is the most innovative badminton coach ever in the world who have invented such a training method - which could only apply to ellite players only, anyway.

#36 Inky2000, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

look at match duration

KKK/TBH definitely gave the 2nG away because the match lasted less than 40mins, effectively playing 2 games. But it's a compliment to TG/CW.Since KKK/TBH 's only advantage is speed, TG/CW will outskill them if they run out of gas in the 3rG. Speed, unlike power, needs constant energy to maintain it. The moment their speed is marginally down, they will become vulnerable.So, yes, wise decision to conserve energy to go all out in the third. To win in 2 or 3 depends on how fresh they are. If it's 1T, it'll be 2; for 2cT(2nd consecutive tournament), it's smarter to go for 3. KKK/TBH will aim to destroy JE/ML in the 1sG and see how the Danes come back to decide whether to go for 2 or 3. It's safe to assume the Danes never have stamina problem and they are the most foxy MD on the circuit.It's likely to be a mental match.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, it looks like the 2nd game was not contested with any vigour when TG-CW got ahead. KKK-TBH were cool and when they got going in the 3rd, it did not look like TG/CW had any answer to KKK-TBH's attacks.

If the 3rd game was any indication of the Malaysian prowess, I think ML/JE will find it hard tonight. The Malaysian pair clearly outpaced the older Danish pair the last time thye played and I cannot say it would be any different tonight unless ME/JE have brought a magician along to help them.:)

19. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

KKK/TBH look to have too much firepower for the old Danes, but the old guys could steal it by playing a clever game and try to outwit the Malaysians.

Hopefully the M'sian young guns can prevail!

20. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

at least this time it isnt an all chinese final.. haha