Su's Badminton club

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Froca, Nov 23, 2005.

1. kwansyip

kwansyip Regular Member

MP 100? AT 800?

2. SarcasticPlayer

SarcasticPlayer Regular Member

Badminton Player! xD
    I'm at Su's Badminton right now and he doesn't pay any attention to me! He arranges me to play games but THAT'S ALL. There's barely any training!

3. Oriental

Oriental Regular Member

Guy in the middle
    True

I played at su's badminton club for like 8 months, untill like the 9 month, things just started repeating it self. One day, or week ( i only train for a day )
    its 20$. So times that by the number of weeks it is in a month, and bam, you get your fee for the month. Before i thought this was cheap, but then when i heard anothers club was 100$ for the entire year, my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it.

Ok, so this is what we do on a typical "training day"
    1. Warm up our wrist. pretty typical, corrects us if we have wrong holding position
    2. smash. yeah, i was like already..? he says we can use this for a smash, clear, drop. etc. but yeah it makes sense though, just he doesn't expand on what he is going to say.
    3. foot work. pretty regular foot work. X shaped foot work pretty simple.
    4. Short. Oh geez, i hate this, we play this for like 20 mins - 30 mins every time. He just says go play short. and he'll walk around ocasionally..., and tells us to fong sung (relax), which helps a bit.. then he just gives us some random partner, and leaves and talks to the parents.
    5. then we play a game. usually doubles.

and thats our waste of 20$ geez.

Rarely... we also do serves, long and short, etc.
    And some runnning drills to keep or stamina up and stuff.

other than that thats basically all i've ever learned in my 9 month period. I did learn stuff, cause i was a beginner then. he taught be a few things, but i basically learned from other people.

i can see that this club is slowly getting smaller. cause i just stopped playing here, cause i had enough of it.

About that fake raquet thing. i'm not really sure, cause i never bought anything from him. But the only thing i saw him sell was like Nike court shoes, nothing else.

so yea, thats my experience at this club. Any recommendations of a club for a intermediate player?

4. richievuong

richievuong Regular Member

Student
    lees group lesson isn't too bad, not too expensive, $230~ for 13 lessons

but of course you wont learn as fast compared to private 1on1

coaches come by once in a while to correct ur position, not enough in my opinion

large variety of drills - they demonstrate of course

lessons don't help unless you really put forth the hardwork during the sessions...many people in group lessons usually make a couple of friends but really don't train seriously

5. elmo_0.0

elmo_0.0 Regular Member

kiwi:i dun wanna exactly post my name here...o_O;;
    but ask around.....someone is sure to know me. :D. if all fails ask manager's daughter (dont wanna use names again)...or just ask her first? now then. who are YOU?

i agree with those that say it's REALLY expensive..cuz it is.

i remember a LONNGGG time back. that the prices was like $180 for two weeks (for summer)...not including the rides tho...thaz 18$ per day

and i think my parents pay $20 per lesson plus $5 for the rest of the day to play...o_O;;...im not sure....

but if it is...then the prices have gone from 180-250...thaz a big difference...

and thaz NOT including the rides....

i think the main thing thaz not great bout su is that he basically doesnt really care.....(im comparing him to minh) while minh makes us do drills as much as possible even when we are half dead, su will just be like...alright, you can stop now...when you've only done 8 clear drill thingys....minh would make you do like 30. minh trys to make you use ALL you energy...and su makes you do some....half heartedly.

and about the fake thing...

the only thing i've bought from his r the rsl shoes (which 1/4 of the club has bought...) and they arnt bad....

6. spencerK666666

spencerK666666 New Member

Why is everyone hating on Su? Sure, he may not be as good as Lee's or Mandarin's, but that's no reason to be accusing him of all this. Froca, how do we know that the racket was fake? I never bought a racket from him, but I don't think he would do something like that.
    As for his claims about the national team, you could also ask him to prove that!

I've been going to Su's for almost 2 years, and I think that he does a little more training now. Maybe he has noticed these forums and threads!

7. GTAveteran

GTAveteran Regular Member

su and his camp was on TV today lol

8. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Where is this Su's badminton club? Can I have some info and what tv channel was it on? any recording?

9. GTAveteran

omnitv, and nope i don't have any recording

10. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

ok then, can you give me some general information about the club? i'm looking for a club now.

11. GTAveteran

12. Polarbear_tor

Polarbear_tor Regular Member

BK
    I'd agree that Coach Su has his very own style. I am impressed that when I brought my kid to his class, in 5 minutes, he's able to tell me what type my kid is and how far she can reach within half a year - and his prediction was mostly proved. Su has a special vision and would spend more time with promising/gifted kids. So you may want to impress him one way or another to get more his attention. Su has trained some provincial-ranked players. However, as I see, he needs more systematic programming and organizing for each of his trainee.