Superstringer T15 Side Support + Clamp Question

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by InfinitySmash, Nov 15, 2022.

1. InfinitySmash

InfinitySmash Regular Member

Hello,

I just have a couple of questions with the Superstringer T15. Recently the clamp (blue box) has been slipping the opposite direction when stringing crosses (maybe 1-2mm) and makes the string loose tension slightly. This hasn't been like this before but happened just recently, what could be the cause of this problem and how do you fix it?

Second, I've noticed metal smudges on the yellow box (around the clamp) am I supposed to clean this or leave it? I've seen somewhere someone using graphite powder but I'm unsure what the purpose for that is.

Third, when mounting the side supports, what is the best practice for this type of arm? Would I need to put the side supports on the red or brown box? What angle is optimal? I've seen somewhere that side supports need to be as close to the horizontal line as possible

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...ace-the-side-supports-on-your-machine.136358/ (mentioned by Mark A)

Lastly, any other maintenance tips for the Wise 2086? Do I need to lubricate it or clean it? If so, how would I do that?

[​IMG]

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Most likely, you need to tighten the clamp base. This is easily done:
    - set the clamp base in a 90° angle to the rails
    - remove the black plastic bit that now facing towards you
    - insert an allen key (should be size 3 mm) into the base and tighten the screw that is inside

see drawing:
    upload_2022-11-16_13-10-41.png

Just clean the rails, plain and simple. Use a window cleaning spray and some cloth and the black residue should be gone in no time.

You have to determine for yourself in which of the holes you need to put the support bits to achieve your desired positioning on the racket. There will be limitations though given by the construction of the machine. Just aim for having both the upper and the lower support pieces 1-2 holes inside the outmost main string holes and you should be good to go. Here's how it looks on my machine:

[​IMG]

As long as it's running smoothly, I don't think there is a need for regular maintenance. If you start getting issues (this is probably aber several hundred to thousands of rackets), you can take apart the gearbox and clean/lubricate it again. There is a thread by @Mark A buried somewhere showing how to do this.

#2 s_mair, Nov 16, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  3. InfinitySmash

WOW! I just did the clamp base adjustment and wow... it locks on tightly like when it was purchased brand new!

For the base clamp, what are the other allen holes for? Like the one at the sides of the clamp?

Also, I've tried to copy your side support setup, is it normal for the racket to wiggle slightly up and down (at the bottom support area)?

Another question, if the side supports move while stringing (my old setup, the side supports will move slightly outwards?) is there a way to stop this from happening, does it need to be replaced or is it normal?

Thank you so much!

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Maybe those are just holding the parts of the base together?

Impossible to tell without a video. But why would the side support placement cause or prevent the racket from wiggling up/down?

Completely normal. Either the side support arms are moving out slightly during the process or the side supports come loose from the frame due to the frame compressing during the crosses. I've had the same issues with my T20 when I was approaching the top 5-6 crosses. Just re-tighten the supports once you see they lose contact with the frame and that's it.

5. InfinitySmash

Yes exactly, its usually the top 5-6 crosses that the side support moves and the racket moves side to side. Is that normal for the racket to move / rotate slightly to the left or right at the last 5-6 crosses?

For the Wise machine, do you know if the speed function matters while stringing? Does it affect the racket or string durability depending on the speed?

You've been a great help! Thank you again

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

=>
    Going by my own experience, this doesn't matter at all. Maybe relevant for thick tennis strings, but doesn't appear to have any effect with badminton strings.

My humble advice: Worry less about insignificant stuff like that and instead focus on the acutal stringing process and methods.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

This one?

s_mair likes this.
  8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I seriously wonder with nobody has followed up by pimping it with faster motors.

Thanks for digging that one up again. Clearly deserves to become a sticky imo.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Would be easier to use a higher-voltage supply, to be honest - I bet that motor can take more than 15 V...

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Absolutely. But I bet you could make it a lot less noisy with a different motor as well. And that would be the golden combination. :)

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If I were a squillionaire I would build a machine around something like this:

https://crd-devices.co.uk/product/hiwin-linear-motors-lmc-series/

Basically a maglev train - no moving parts except for the carriage. Highest continuous force is only 195 N, but that's around 19.8 kg - more than enough for baddy.

akatsuki2104 and s_mair like this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Any idea what’s the price point of one of those mini maglevs? Good lord how cool would that be?!

akatsuki2104 likes this.