Superstringer S70 Demo

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Bui Bui, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Bui Bui

Bui Bui New Member

Don't know if posting this is appropriate because I never see anyone posting demos of machines, if not please remove it.. I'm new.. Just wanna put it out there for anyone curious of this machine since it's one of the less popular option that I took a plunge for.
    Anyways I bought the cheapest 6 point machine with SuperStringer fixed badminton clamps that comes with the Wise 2086 (V14!!!).. It was the cheapest option I could find for what I needed.. (good fixed clamps and electronic, and bonus for not having to buy any tools besides the starting clamp and grommet grinder). The side supports actually damaged my racket the first few times, so I don't really tighten it.. instead I just have it barely touch the racket.. so it's not really 6 point (unfortunately)..
    Sorry for being a slow stringer... I'm still getting used to the feeling of the fully manual clamping system from the machine, and my hand sweats too much to weave the cross faster on this particular day. (Was spoiled with a Yonex ST8000 and especially the ease of the Yonex ProTech 8 before deciding to get my own machine.. I miss those Toyozouki clamps and how smooth the clamp base glides).

#1 Bui Bui, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Super85 likes this.
  2. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

I have the same stringing machine. It was not the side supports that damaged your racket, you did. For clamping the racket:

[​IMG]

1 and 2) Tight, but not too tight
    3) Tighten both slightly at the same time
    4) Tighten both slightly at the same time

5) Now string the first two main strings and check if the racket is still tight at the bottom. Possibly tighten up a little more.

When you string the main strings, the racket contracts slightly and thus becomes wider. In this case, too tight side supports can damage your frame.

In your case, I think that the top and bottom supports were a bit too loose and/or the side supports were a bit too tight. Together, there are enormous forces acting on the side supports on the racket.

Bui Bui, Super85 and thyrif like this.
  3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Definitely re-check #2 after the first two mains.
    Tighten it just until the thread starts to resist.

4. Bui Bui

Bui Bui New Member

I will give this a try. The problem I had before was whenever I tighten the side supports (quite loosely, just until the threads resist), once I undo the side supports, I have difficulty getting it off my racket and if I force it too much, it damages my paint. This usually always happen. I will take another risk and record it and let you know how it goes.

5. Bui Bui

Bui Bui New Member

I did what you said and my damage was not damaged. Thanks! Now I understand the top and bottom was not tight enough. I did saw enormous forces on the side supports today as well (strung my Astrox 88D at 31x33lbs with BG66UM, with success).