Sukamuljo bluffing the swing and got called on...no way fair...

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by uwewong, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Its good to see Kevin trying to make a point at 9-11G2 'like now you see that ref, i didnt touch it lol (especially it is at near side second time' His hands are just way too fast thats why when he did this it just looks natural and instinctive. Thats how he can do this kind of kill at the final point of the tournament.

If some other guys did it, it will be a joke.

uwewong likes this.
  2. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

This fake swing antics... Kevin does this all the time, and has for a while now. I don't think he does it consciously to play mind games; it's just his nature. Oppositions know this by now and shouldn't act all righteous when it happens. Just win the game.

It'd be even more amazing now if an opponent does the exact fake swing thing to them. It'll up the entertainment factor as a fan.

3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Boe just did it in their match.

uwewong likes this.
  4. uwewong

uwewong Regular Member

HAHA yea boe did it too! yea i think its a natural thing, its not like he is doing that on purpose. people need to get used to it and stop being jealous of his speed. i wish i can have my racket up or out all the time so fast like him... there is nothing to complain about from this guy cause there is so much to learn from him

Fidget likes this.
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah i think its his nature. How can he always remembers this thing in less than a split second movement.

I think he is a comedian on court too just so fun to watch. when he missed that LiLiu shot at HK open, his action is so funny.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

is it me or that his soft hand skill, the way he holds his racket is so aesthetic to watch?

He is just like TaiTzuYing but i mean he is a guy but he has this racket skills where only a girl can make it beautiful and nice to watch.

Just like RogerFederer plays tennis, so aesthetical to watch. Kevin is just like RF, unlike nadal,djokovic who just seems to care to kill the ball with as much power as possible.

7. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

So I missed all this apparently... Can you provide links and possible timestamps too as to when they happened?

Cheung likes this.
  8. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

For the KSS fault call it looks like a VERY bad call by the umpire web you see it in the video. It did look a lot closer in person when I saw it, but even so I could tell he hadn't hit it. It didn't affect the result at the end, but I agree when its a really close game or even game point (Pedersen/Juhl v Fukushima/Hirota - with the danes seemingly touching the shuttle) there is an argument for video replay as I don't think it will slow the game down too much.

swsh likes this.
  9. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Agreed Uwe, i find the pairs play especially Suka...very disrespectful to opponents,
    so much so i stopped watching their games now but without a doubt, tremendous talents.

10. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I was sitting right behind the Indonesian coach, in the front front row, so I had a perfect line of sight on that call and can say he 100% did not touch the shuttle. Christina had a similar bad call the previous day where it obviously didn't touch her on the way out, but the umpire called it. I see these kinds of mistakes happen a lot by umpires, I just wish readily available technology can be used a bit more to help them make these difficult and important calls.

Small side note for those interested, the Indonesian coach went to speak to the tournament ref, but didn't say too much other than "it's fine". He obviously had confidence in his pair!

phihag and Fidget like this.
  11. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

It beggars the question doesn't it, there are free eye tests in the U.K. but have noticed some judges are from overseas,
    i wonder if its a good idea to have a opthamologist to do pre-tournament eye test on all judging personnel.

They are that far ahead of any pairing just now they can afford to give away a few points.

12. uwewong

uwewong Regular Member

sorry i wrote that i "dont't" find it disrespectful in comparison with Boe. but this provoking action is kinda...love or hate...i honestly love the way he smiles at teh opponent when he wins a driving rally. yea man sorry, but i am a super sukamuljo fan. he is just so good... but either way this isn't like he doesn't have sportsmanship. this smiling smirking thing happens in every football match man...

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    football players are hardly the definition of sportsmanship. very far from it to be honest.

uwewong likes this.
  14. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Well i stick by my observations, and you've touched on what i perceive to be ''you're so bad'' smirking across the net too,
    i wouldn't use football as a benchmark for honest play, their on court etiquette is not for me.

p.s. i am surprised they were no shoot me down posts regarding my tongue in cheek suggestion of eye test for umpires,
    maybe i am not so funny after all. :rolleyes:

15. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

That was probably the worst fault call I have ever seen. His racket was a meter, possibly two away.

uwewong likes this.
  16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Rally starting at 34:10 in the video (AE final) although it was nowhere near as dramatic as KSS. Dunno about the other one.

GingerCorslette likes this.
  17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Goh played him in TC. And Kevin not only continued his antics but he multiplied them.