Student coaching tips?

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by Steve the noob, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Me and a friend plan on becoming student coaches for our Junior Badminton team this season starting February (grades 9-10, aged 14-15). I'm 16 and am going to be in the Senior team this year. I've been coached before, and have learned from basic to high intermediate techniques. I want to know how to train the students. Their levels can vary from barely knowing how to hold the racket, to a high beginner. I'd like to work on conditioning, basic skills, and footwork for the singles players (I choose to replace footwork in doubles training with positioning because not many of the students take the game too seriously, even if they're on the team).

Any tips would be wonderful!

2. Brilliant Gen

Brilliant Gen Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Well personally I would recommend asking the person that coached you for advice and the head coach of the school you're coaching for as well. The reason being different coach have different coaching methodology, expectations and more.. And by introducing a different method from other coach might just be seen as disrespectful by your coach. So as a student coach i believe it's very polite to let the head coach know. Who knows! Maybe he'll pass all his KungFu for you to be his successor :)