Stringing machine help

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Rych05, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

I'm planning to start learning to string and I'm planning to purchase a 2nd hand eagmas stringinf machine. It is quite cheap but the catch is the owner said there is a few parts of the tensioning unit that is either broken or missing, can anyone help me figure out what the missing or broken part and if it is still worth it, here are the provided pictures

Attached Files:

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

While the tensioning unit is simple enough to fix it yourself if you are capable of doing a few things, the missing part is the bigger problem. That rusty crank mechanism doesn't look like it's worth it, even if all the parts are there (I don't see all of them). You need to remove all that rust, then assemble it back together, just to be left with a mechanism that isn't very accurate. The entire string gripper including the lever to lock out the mechanism is missing here... I do not see all the parts on the other pictures. Didn't even look closer if the rest is there.
    Overall, that machine needs a lot of love and given for free, it might be worth a try, but for anything more than that, I wouldn't consider it cheap. If the rest is still working, you might want to see if you can get the crank tensioner separately (new or from another used machine), because I'm not sure you'll be able to fix this one since you don't even know what is missing.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is worthless unless your plan is to replace the tensioner completely with a WISE electronic head. the lockout mechanism plus the brake to engage the tension are missing. You will not be able to do anything useful with it.

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The break is there... well, maybe the pad is missing, all the rest is the bigger problem anyway.

Which raises the question whether the money is better spend on this machine plus a WISE or another machine. I have a guess looking at how well maintained the machine is, but I really don't know enough, neither about stringing machines in general, nor about this specific one.

5. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

Thanka for answering guys

But may I also ask if you can recommend wherr I can get second hand stringing machine that won't cost too much, thanks

6. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    $50 bux for machine + 550 for wise tensioner , YOU can't lose,