Stringing Machine advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Coach Choudhury, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Coach Choudhury

Coach Choudhury New Member

Coach
    Hi

I hope someone can advice me on here. I have been using an exthree crank stringing machine (like the shuttle express) with flying clamps for a few years now and was looking to upgrade. I am based in the UK where the Pros Pro machines are popular from w&d strings and gifen machines from gifensports.
    My questions is should I just buy an wise2086 machine and add this to my current exthree crank or if I should buy a new crank machine with fixed clamps. I am looking to spend around £700 or even a second hand machine in the UK. Which would you recommend me for my bugdet. The string master delux is just too expensive to import to the UK. Any advice will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Coach Choudhury

Coach
    Any advice would be helpful. There is a second hand Gamma Progression II that someone is selling. Would that be a good option?

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Is that budget including a WISE or would a drop weight be okay to start with?

That is a solid machine. If it's in a good state and comes with badminton compatible clamps and side supports, that surely is an option.

If the Stringmaster is over budget, I'd recommend to have a look at the Superstringer T15.

4. Coach Choudhury

Coach
    Hi s_mair thanks for your response. It's either a 2086 machine or £700 for a new machine.

The Gamma progression II has been sold. But he has another machine which is GS2000 with a wise. He said its only been used for 6 months but wants £1150. The T15 is £945 not sure what the shipping cost and import tax will add to the cost.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That one I guess?
    https://www.gefensports.co.uk/store/gs-2000-professional-stringing-machine

Hard to tell anything from the bad picture and the other information tbh.

Tax shouldn't be an issue since the listed price in the online shop includes the German VAT (19%) which will be deducted if it's exported to the UK. Instead you will have to pay import tax which should be 20%. Maybe @DuckFeet can add something regarding the shipping costs.

6. 66darren66

66darren66 New Member