String breaking at same point

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Furyan, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Furyan

Furyan Regular Member

I have someone who has 2 of these rackets and each time the string breaks it’s in this section. It generally takes between 1 month to 4 months, the grommet looks ok there’s no tear in it on the outside so I assume the part inside the frame would be ok too.
    I’ve put some tape over that section but that didn’t seem to have an effect, I did both sides too as I think it could be down to picking the shuttle up off the floor as the string sits a little over the frame. In comparison the majority of my other jobs last roughly 6 months or over.
    Anyone have any other ideas why it is always breaking here?

0E96DF0F-9E6A-4AEA-B97D-3527FBB5A6DF.jpeg

2. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

It's probably due to "picking the shuttle up off the floor as the string sits a little over the frame", like you said. You have two solutions to have less string out of the frame in this area.
    First option do a one piece job if mains ends at the top. (it doesn't seem to be the case)
    Second option if mains ends at the bottom, like it seems to be the case on this racquet, just finish the crosses by a double-pull inverting the last two crosses and tie off at the first shared hole (the nearest one, of course). You will have less string out of the frame in the area you pointed.
    It could be useful for you to take a look at the thread where we talked about inversion and double-pulling the last top crosses and tying off at the closest shared hole :
    inversion when double pulling the last crosses

#2 flyingcords, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Nologicone and ucantseeme like this.
  3. Herb

Herb New Member

Is it strung 2 piece and if so are you using a starting clamp to start the crosses. If this is the case I would say that the string is set too deep in the starting clamp, or left in the clamp too long before tying off. The clamp may be creating a weak spot on the string.

#3 Herb, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    change the grommet anyway. sometimes it is worn in the inside, exposing the frame and cutting the string. I have had that on a client's racket and it was a pain to diagnose.

emjay likes this.