String and tension for Prince racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by fitchboy, Feb 23, 2000.

1. fitchboy

fitchboy Guest

<html>I recently purchased a Prince Thunder which has BG-70 Pro. I heard that Ashaway Rally is a good string for Prince raquets. I also have an Axis 70. Anyone know what type of strings are good for these racquets and what tension??<br>thanks!
    </html>

2. Brett

Brett Regular Member

<html>Please post a follow up on your string choices - I remember seeing somewhere on the web that the Rally string is good for the Prince Y frame racquets. Also, please advise of the differences, if any, between the Thunder and Axis 70. The Thunder goes for about $15 more than the Axis 70 - is that money well spent or are the identical? What are the graphics and color like on the Thunder - the Axis 70 is solid black, isn't it. Thanks.<p><br>: I recently purchased a Prince Thunder which has BG-70 Pro. I heard that Ashaway Rally is a good string for Prince raquets. I also have an Axis 70. Anyone know what type of strings are good for these racquets and what tension??<br>: thanks!<p>
    </html>

3. Fitchboy

Fitchboy Guest

<html>Well Brett, I have to say that the Thunder is my favorite by far and I've only played with Prince raquets. I have black BG-70pros on it and it is quite powerful and looks tight. The Thunder is all black with dark red edges along the head. The Axis 70 is all black.<br> I was advised by San Diego Badminton that since the Prince racquets with name(Blast,Response,Thunder) have a "dense" stringing pattern and can accomodate thin strings like .21 gauge. However, racquets like the older Axis series need .20 gauge strings like Rally's. I just got the Axis 70 so I haven't been playing with it much so I'll post follow-ups later. From what heard it's the same racquet as the Thunder except for the stringing pattern. Hope this helps. Lates!
    </html>