Star Sports English Commentary

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by Cheung, May 19, 2002.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wow, PEHL has really impressed me.

He picked up something about Taufik's forecourt backhand shot. It was really subtle and basically said Taufik's balance was a little too far back when playing this shot hence, Taufik was having a little difficulty with it. When there was a slow motion replay of Taufik later in the match, sure enough, it was true.

Other than that, there wasn't much rolling commentary. Probably the match was so exciting that even the commentators forgot to comment some time. Just a sec, maybe I was so intent on watching the match that i forgot to listen to the commentary..............................:p

2. viver

viver Regular Member

The difference it makes when having an expert commenting the matches. We could learn a lot. I learned a few things when watching some games with my coach explaining the skills and tactics involved. Can't wait to get a copy of these games.

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

To Viver :

Yesterday in Guangzhou Hou Jia Chiang, Tang Xian Hu and Chen Yu Niang???

were incorporated into badminton's hall of fame.

Gao Ling was selected as player of the Uber Cup,Li Yong Bo as best coach for Uber.

Christian won an award for what? and Rudy Hartono and Li Ling Wei wre elected

into IBF committee.

4. viver

viver Regular Member

Thanks Bbn. That's the best news after the disappointment of China losing the Thomas Cup. In my opinion both Tong Xian Fu and Hou Jia Chang contributed a lot to badminton: both legends when as players and very successful coaches as well. This distinction though late but better than never.

5. ray

ray Regular Member

lecturer
    He was inducted into hall of fame.

Liem Swie King, Chen Yuniang, Tong Sin Fu (Tang Xianhu), Hou Jiachang, Hiroe Yuki and Kim Moon-soo will be next.