Smash City to host Bay Area Open Fall 2007!!

Discussion in 'Smash City Badminton Club - CLOSED' started by wlum, Sep 29, 2007.

1. wlum

wlum Regular Member

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that Smash City will host the Bay Area Open Fall 2007 tournament scheduled for November 9-11, 2007. Come join us and play in one of the largest and most respected tournaments in the USA!! So far, $1,500 prize money has been allocated in the Open A competition. The BAO also offers B, C, and D competitions. I'll be playing in the D men's doubles (when I'm not taking pictures) -- so come challenge me :)

Watch www.bayareaopen.org and www.smashcity.net for upcoming news on this tournament!!

Thanks,

Wayne

2. mugdays

mugdays Regular Member

Awesome

I thought it might be at SJSU this time. UGHHH. Oh, be sure to take pictures of Gumaro. He's an incredible badminton player. Handsome, to boot! lol

3. ears1998

ears1998 New Member

Mona playing the Bay Area Open?

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Mona Santoso will be playing the Bay Area Open in San Jose this coming November?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    my reliable source tells me that she is not playing there.

are you her fan?? ;)

5. ears1998

ears1998 New Member

you bet:D!!
    Is she amazing? :)Too bad that she has left Bay Area. Won't get too many chances to see her playing:(

6. shreky

shreky Regular Member

wayne ..... is it possible to register in both B and C singles? or is it like if you lose in B, you go to C??

7. wlum

wlum Regular Member

Shreky -- you can register in both B and C Singles. Each flight is Single elimination with consolation -- that is -- if you win your first match, you stay in the main draw. If you lose your first match, you move into the consolation draw. Either case, you are eliminated once you lose after the first match.

This is NOT an B drop C, that is, if you lose in B, then you drop to C...

Hope this clarifies it for you :) See you there!!

Wayne

8. ears1998

ears1998 New Member

Taking lessons from Mona

Hi all;

Has anyone taken lessons from Mona?

I am interested in taking some instruction from her.

Is she easy to get along with?

I am kind of a beginner.

Thanks
    Ears

9. shreky

shreky Regular Member

thanks wayne for the info. i'm not sure if i can go though. i just learned about the tournament a few days ago and i'm not sure if i can go back that soon (i've been here in cali for a few days now). btw, i again played yesterday in smashcity. as usual, had a great time. thanks again.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-I assume..

..you are living in the SoCal/Los Angeles area and know abt SGVBC??..If so, i know there are 2 BC members who've trained and taken some lessons from her. You may want to contaq, use PM (Private Message), DinkAlot and/or huangkwokhau and ask them about it.;):cool:

11. baopen

baopen Regular Member

Yonex Bay Area Open Fall 2007

Some minor updates to the tournament information. I have tried to make a post couple of weeks before but did not go through. Not sure why... maybe the server was too busy. Thanks Wayne for posting.

1. Prize money has been increased to $2,000 for A/Open. Deadline for registration is October 31st. (http://www.bayareaopen.org)

2. Special Rate of $69/night (Reg. $110) for hotel room during the tournament at Hilton Garden Inn hotel located approximately 5 minutes away from Smash City badminton club (venue of BAOpen Fall 2007) (Reserve at $69 Special Rate at Hilton Garden Inn using this link)

3. Questions about the tournament can be directed to the Bay Area Open staffs using our ticket system at http://support.bayareaopen.org

As of 10/25/2007, we currently have approximately 200 registered players. We will try to cap the tournament around 275-300 players to prevent long wait.

Looking forward to see you all there!

Sincerely,
    Bay Area Open Team/Staffs:cool:

12. badmad

badmad Regular Member

who are the winners? I looked at the homepage but couldn't find any info about it.