Smash City Badminton, Milpitas, CA

Discussion in 'Smash City Badminton Club - CLOSED' started by Smash City, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Smash City

Smash City Regular Member

Congratulations to Smash City Coach Lili Zhou!

Congratulations to Smash City Coach Lili Zhou for winning the Women’s Singles wild card entry today at the World Championships Trials held in Massachusetts! With this win, Lili has qualified to represent the USA at the 2005 World Badminton Championships!

The 2005 World Badminton Championships will be held at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim, California, on August 15-21, 2005.

2. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

congrats Lili!!!!!!!

3. baInsider

baInsider New Member

Smash City time ...

I had the opportunity to try this facility out in a less hectic time, and find the environment able to provide one of the best, if not the best, badminton experience in the Bay Area. As mentioned in the previous posts, the facility is more than adequate, spaces between courts is fantastic, and now, I know why Taraflex is the floor choice of so many badminton facilities in the world. What I would like the add is that when we arrived, we were welcomed like vips.

4. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

are they going to put in showers?

Otherwise becomes unusable for me....

5. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    How many players actually played in the trial for Women Singles ?? And who did Lily beat in the trials to get pass the qualification ??

6. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    Any new event before opening ??

The space is definitely will fit those who played at Bintang for a while. I went GGBC and feel those courts are too close especially those next to wall. It makes me feel some sort of congestion there.

7. Smash City

Smash City opens its doors to the public!!

Smash City is pleased to announce that we will be open Saturday, July 2, 2005 from 4:00pm to 11:00pm. Come join us during this introductory trial period from now through our future Grand Opening. During this period, our drop-in rate will be $5.00.

Smash City is located at 1191 Montague Expressway in Milpitas – just a few minutes from the Great Mall. Our building is part of the Fleming Business Park.

Our hours of operations for future dates will be published as soon as possible.

Our courts are complete and ready to play, but Smash City is still a work in progress in some areas. Some of our seating is still in transit and our carpeting will be installed next week. Please bear with us as we put the finishing touches on our facility.

Our Grand Opening will be in Mid-July – right after the U.S. Junior Nationals being held near Spokane, WA. Wish our juniors luck as they compete in the USA’s most prestigious junior tournament!

Membership rates and other programs will also be announced during our Grand Opening. Stay tuned!!

8. Smash City

Smash City Operating Hours!

Our operating hours will be:

Sunday, 7/3 -- 4:00pm to 11:00pm
    Monday, 7/4 -- Closed

From 7/5 until our Grand Opening:

Monday through Friday -- 5:00pm to 11:00pm
    Saturday/Sunday -- 3:00pm to 11:00pm

$5.00 for Open Gym drop-in. We will announce membership programs during our grand opening!!

9. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Congratulation

Congratulation for the partial opening, I am sure many are happy to know this. I just hope my injury will not linger for long so I can join the group.
    Han

10. Smash City

Smash City Elite Team

Congratulations to our Smash City Elite Team! Our 9 juniors came home from the US Junior Nationals (last week in Spokane, WA) with 25 medals, including 7 first place finishes and 9 second place finishes!

If you are interested in joining our Smash City Elite Team, please contact wlum@smashcity.net for tryout and details.

Please attend our Grand Opening on July 30/31 (Saturday/Sunday) for announcements for our other training programs and memberships.

We are currently forming beginners and intermediate classes meeting once or twice a week (Saturday/Sunday) with Coach Yuan Wang.

We are also forming advanced and adult classes with Coach Lili Zhou.

Please contact Wayne at wlum@smashcity.net with all your training needs!

Thanks,

Smash City

11. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    Playing Environment

Hi,

I am thinking to play there for first time.
    Could anyone comment about what the atmosphere and queue system is there?
    I do not have a partner tho.

greeting...........:confused:

12. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

No queuing system in place..

But not too many people, so easy to get a game or find a partner. Enough friendly people around. Nice layout, with lots of space between courts, nice lighting, and large area to sit (saw a couple with a crib :) ). But no showers and did not spot any water fountain.

13. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks. I am going to give it a try.
    I'll bring my water tho.:)

14. B3nny H4nn4

hey harrycoomer

They actually have 2 refrigerated waterfountains by the bathrooms on the right side of the gym when u come in...check it out

15. Smash City

Smash City Expanded Hours!

We would like to invite you to our Special Lunchtime Trial Period, 8/1 – 8/19. ($2.00 drop-in rate from 11:00am to 2:00pm Monday through Friday)

Thanks to everyone who attended our Grand Opening this past weekend (July 30 & 31) and making it a huge success! It was great to see so many of our friends.

Smash City has expanded its hours! Smash City is now OPEN for drop-in play 11am-2pm and 5-11pm Monday thru Friday and 11am-11pm Saturday & Sunday. Weekday lunchtime drop-in play is $5 (only $2 during our special introductory period!) All other times are $7.

There will be a raffle for badminton t-shirt/product at 12:30pm Monday through Friday for paid drop-in during the Lunch Time Special from August 3-19, 2005. We thank Badminton Alley, the pro-shop within the Smash City badminton facility, for donating the products for the raffle. Lastly, we look forward to having you try out our facility during lunch time. Please don't forget to give us your feedback at wlum@smashcity.net.

See you there!

16. SweatyPalm

SweatyPalm New Member

Instead of paying for every entry, do they take membership? If yes, how much/month? unlimited access?

17. B3nny H4nn4

General Membership:
    initiation fee - 50.00
    monthly dues - 58.00
    6 month term - 49.00 per month

Family (2 adults - 2 U18):
    initiation fee - 100.00
    monthly dues - 150.00
    6 month term - 130.00 per month

Each additional child:
    initiation fee: n/a
    monthly dues:28.00
    6 month term: 25.00 per month

Couple/Buddy:
    initiation fee - 100.00
    monthly dues - 110.00
    6 month term - 90.00 per month

18. Smash City

Smash City's 2005 Smashing Doubles Tournament

It’s not too late to submit your entry forms for Smash City’s Fall 2005 SMASHING DOUBLES tournament to be held Sunday, September 4, 2005 (Labor Day weekend). The deadline has been extended until Thursday, September 1, 2005.

Our entry forms (and more information) can be downloaded at http://www.smashcity.net

You can drop off your entry forms at Smash City or email dko@smashcity.net with any questions or comments. You can also call us at (408) 934-5800.

Thanks,

Smash City

19. Smash City

Smashing Doubles Tournament & Labor Day Weekend Play!

Smash City will be open during our regular 11am-11pm hours on Saturday and Sunday, and for extended hours of 11am-11pm on Labor Day Monday.

Thanks to the more than 100 contestants who have entered the Smashing Doubles Tournament, including those coming up from L.A. Thanks for your support!

The Smashing Doubles Tournament will be this Sunday, beginning at 9am. Please see www.smashcity.net for Draws and Match Times.

The Smashing Doubles Tournament will not require use of all of our courts - for most of the tournament only 6 of our 12 courts will be needed. The tournament's last matches are expected to be called at 6pm. All free courts will be available for Membership and Drop-in play.

Have a great, Smashing weekend!

Smash City
    www.smashcity.net

20. Smash City

Smash City Open M-F (11:00am - 2:00pm)

Smash City is open for Drop-in play Monday through Friday (11:00am to 2:00pm). Cost is only $3.00! Come play -- with 12 beautiful courts -- there is currently hardly a wait. Plenty of free parking!

The Badminton Alley pro-shop is also open during lunchtime!!

Thanks,

Smash City, Inc.
    www.smashcity.net