Singapore Open

Discussion in 'Singapore / Indonesia / Malaysia Open 2003' started by Zax, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    The Singapore Open will be interesting this year!
    With the olympic games coming near and olympic nominations at stake, most of the top players are ready to show their best badminton. If Taufik would also be present the party would have been complete.

What do you predict??

What do you all think about the clash between world number one Chen Hong of China and reigning All-England champion Hafiz Hashim? I put my money on Chen Hong given Hafiz' latest performances, but you never know...

Xia's first test will be Ong Ewe Hock in the second round ad Bao Chunlai will take on Wong Choong Hann in the 3d round. And the poor Danes... all in the same part of the draw... if Peter Rasmussen reaches the quarterfinals, he will be playing either Kenneth or Peter Gade!

The ladies field is also looking strong, we'll see whether Mia and Camilla can do something against the Chinese women (or perhaps Wang Chen)?

Maybe Lars Paaske and Jonas Rasmussen can perform their stunt again, with Ha Tae Kwon still seems to recover from his injury and Lee/Yoo are also not present.

And the mix, well Kim/Ra and Zhang/Gao don't need to be introduced. Kim/Ra clearly favorites.

2. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Best of luck to JR, but Singapore Open will be tougher than the World Championship for JR and Lars Paaske. Flandi/Eng will be playing in the Singapore Open. Also, Chen Qiqiu/Cheng Rui, who didn't play together in the World Championship, will be a very tough opponent. They have beatened JR before, and they are seeded to face JR in the Quarters.

3. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    Men Doubles

I agree, I doubt Paaske and Rasmussen can win again.
    Flandi/Eng and Chen Qiqiu/Cheng Rui are good competitors.

But you have to admit, with Ha/Kim, Yoo/Lee and Candra Wijaya-Sigit Budiarto absent (does anyone know which of these couples will play again in Indonesian Open?), this certainly is the chance to do it for the Danes.

4. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I put my money on Hafiz.